Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

What i liked from last nights game.

As the subject title suggests. What i liked from last nights game.

1) Our width. When we had the ball on one side of the pitch the reverse wingers & full backs were ALWAYS pulled out. Blackburn played a very narrow game and defended deep with no real pressing. Therefore this width provided an instant attacking option with the switch. It was not always used and sometimes when it was. It failed. Cough Bradley Johnson. But all in all. I was very impressed with the way, especially Redmond hunged that touchline and gave us a constant option.

2) The team moral. It looks a completely different side to what played last season. They pressed together, tackled together, ganged up and celeberated the goals together! Loved Tettey having a dance to the goal music. Although Cringy. It was nice to see.

3) The Atmostphere. Great stuff from the crowd last night. Congrats to anyone who made it and well done for creating such a good atmosphere. Not heard it like that in a while and it semt like the players were using it as motivation.

What i didnt enjoy too much..
Ok. Im allowed one little gripe. Russell Martin. After seing the countless balls into the box not dealt with by him, and the instant impact of Bennett winning everything in the air, has questioned his ability to be a centre back. On the ball he was solid and provided a good option for Whittaker when he couldn''t go forward.

feel free to share your opinion of last night.

I thought we looked more solid in defence in the second half with Ryan Bennett playing at CH. He even gave another attacking threat from set play and was unlucky not to score.

First half we stood off for the early part of the match, and Blackburn won more of the aerial play than us.

Tetteh and Johnson looked excellent in midfield.

Was it just me, or does Wes frustrate the hell out of others? He was excellent, and oozes class, but just occasionally a simple pass would do instead of the extra twist and turn...

Really happy with the win and result. There''s a feel-good factor right now. Cant remember the last time we won 2 in a row in such style. We could have scored even more last night than the 3.

Bring on Saturday!

That central area of Wes, Johnson and tettey was superb!

Wes will always come with the baggage of taking too much on and taking free kicks quickly and whatever but he is a frigging genius, it''s a price I''m willing to pay

I was disappointed with the input of Fer. It was like he wasn''t even there

Neeyul''s comment about Josh was telling; big nod to Redderz. "The lad showed great composure to set Grabban up". I''d prefer Josh to Redderz from hereon.