Sign in to follow this  
smooth

6 points from 9 and the needs before the end of the window.

Well after the show at wolves we have seen us take advantage of a team with 10 men, shame we did not do that at hull last season. We came back after an early goal and eventually got that second goal before the third in injury time.

So I think we need over 6 points from our first four games and we should get something at the derby game this Saturday, but we need to be on it. Prove that we are a team going for promotion.

We obviously have a few injury issues and a few other players possibly leaving before that game. We need to pick up some players and we need a capable squad for the whole season, to have Murphy come off the bench is ok, but it is a big ask for him to come on each week and perform, to the levels of a player that is in a squad who are going for promotion.

C cueller possibly on the way, nice signing, we need some other options and I do not think Adams can rest on his laurels which I am sure he is not. It is about the point tally ticking over quickly these two results have certainly helped Adams but if we lose on Saturday 6 from 12 is probably ok, but it would want more from a team who need to show their credentials every game. I personally feel many of ours players are championship players but in the last two games many have looked very capable of doing more. Does not mean I think they are the best we can get but I think they have played well.

I''ve been more heartened of late that we know where we need to replace.

We need 8 defenders and Cuellar has been linked.

We''ve lost a few attacking mids, Murphey can become a squad member now but Commons has been linked.

We need 4-5 strikers (5 including Loza) and Cameron has been linked.

I''m sure we would all love more expensive signings, but I feel these are realistic and will give us the best squad in the league.

We still have only three usable strikers, so if not Jerome, we need someone. It is not unknown to have two strikers out injured for a time.... Becchio seems to have ruled himself out.

We have little cover in the back four. I hope that Cuellar signs. He has vast experience and should be good in the Championship. If he doesn''t sign, we need an able CB quickly. If Turner is injured, or Bennett, there is only Martin, and many are wondering whether he is good enough dealing with high balls. Time for Bassong to rejoin the club, or has he ruled himself out?

Things could be dodgy at LB, with Olsson out, and Gerrido possibly injured. I have anxiety about Garrido in any case.

I am not sure about any limitations on squad size in the Championship, but with some of our younger players home-produced ( two Murphy lads, Loza), There must be scope for one or two more players.