Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Well done Neil Adams!

The players were obviously superb tonight, even in the face of an early goal and an injury to left back causing a shift in defensive cover but a special mention to Neil Adams who has got us playing good football, has rejuvenated the likes of Hoolahan (who has been "vintage" the last couple of games!) Tettey and Johnson and added the dimension of Lafferty and Grabban, the finishing and physicality we''ve been missing for ages.

Basically, I''m chuffed for the bloke. He''s been under big pressure but is delivering, you could feel the fans and players/staff welding together tonight it was really special. I hope we can maintain this!

Credit to Adams and the team but let''s not get carried away still early doors but promising start at home.

These players are not rejuvenated they are playing at a level which benefits them, tettey has been superb in recent games and dare I say it, Russell martin was 10 times better when pushed to full back

Neil Adams on the Derby Saturday:

“It is a big game, a huge game. I have played in many and watched many and I know what it means to the supporters of both clubs. It is massive and to be going into it on the back of two wins all I would say is ‘bring it on’. We can’t wait.”

Now THATS what I want to hear from our manager going into the game!

I''m so pleased for Neil, I have never had any doubt that he would be a great success for our club, it must be getting a lot harder for his detractors to find something to have a go at him for.

Brilliant!

I was a bit bemused when he got the job but he''s cramming my words back down my throat. Very nice they taste too.

Yes credit to Adams. He is doing a good job with the team in tricky circumstances and at present is proving concerns of many (including myself) wrong, certainly in terms of the on pitch stuff.

Just needs to give Bennett a run at CB (if Garrido injured he may have no choice which may work in our favour) and cut out the sloppy starts to matches and we could have a seriously good season. The team has its swagger back and with the rumoured couple of additions plus Olsson and Howson to come back in as well the squad looks good enough.

I saw something in the way he changed that game against Liverpool back all those months ago. Sure we lost but he influenced the game and got us playing against what was the best team in the country at the time. He certainly knows how to influence a game and for that and the attacking philosophy He has my support.

[quote user="Buh"]I saw something in the way he changed that game against Liverpool back all those months ago. Sure we lost but he influenced the game and got us playing against what was the best team in the country at the time. He certainly knows how to influence a game and for that and the attacking philosophy He has my support.[/quote]

The inability to do this was by far and away my biggest frustration with Hughton. Adams can definitely change how we play mid game and therefore is already an improvement. No disrespect to Adams but its hardly rocket science to see when something is not working and make a sensible change but Hughton appeared completely and utterly unable to make even the most basic change to react to circumstances during the game. It was as if he was managing by numbers or in accordance with a manual and he displayed no "game intelligence" whatsoever.

Any concerns i''ve had about Adams have never been about the tactical side of things. I do think he got it wrong with a naive selection at Wolves but he has shown with the two games since that he learns quickly. My concerns have always been about whether he was experienced/strong enough to earn the respect of the dressing room and perhaps also stand up to Mcnally when needed and/or stamp his feet occasionally like i''m sure Lambert used to do. Thankfully, the attitude and performances of the players suggest that the former is not a problem.

Yes, agree with the OP.

The jury''s still out over NA''s appointment and the display at Wolves did nothing to encourage optimism but have to say that it''s been fun watching at Carrow Road so far this season. We''ve even managed back-to-back wins !!

Roll on Saturday......

[quote user="Buh"]The players were obviously superb tonight, even in the face of an early goal and an injury to left back causing a shift in defensive cover but a special mention to Neil Adams who has got us playing good football, has rejuvenated the likes of Hoolahan (who has been "vintage" the last couple of games!) Tettey and Johnson and added the dimension of Lafferty and Grabban, the finishing and physicality we''ve been missing for ages.

Basically, I''m chuffed for the bloke. He''s been under big pressure but is delivering, you could feel the fans and players/staff welding together tonight it was really special. I hope we can maintain this![/quote]

Blimey Buh you''ve crawled out from under your stone and posted something fair, reasonable and objective and something I completely agree with. I also agree with Jim Smith''s point regarding the midfield selection against Wolves but I guess it was the first game of the season and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Credit to Neil for making the necessary changes immediately after that match.