Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Rob Snodgrass.....ouch.

how will we cope without him?

Oh yeah, i forgot, .......he left for his pieces of eight.

Always worked hard for us, feel really bad for him and I''m rubbing my knee just thinking about it, eurgh! Horrible injury.

Poor lad, always worked hard for us. Yet another great bit of business for us though...

Some of the comments above are distasteful. It''s also extremely stupid to claim this justifies the transfer because obviously if he''d been playing for us he wouldn''t have been taken out by Barton. Can we need just wish him a full and speedy recovery?

Just a thought but if he had been more positive like Josh last night he wouldn''t have got clobbered. Hull will have him insured too. Feel for the lad like and look forward to him returning and having a changed mindset. I still say his negativity (and that penalty) cost us our Premier place.

ReadingCanary wrote the following post at 20/08/2014 9:36 AM:

Never wish injury on anyone

Feel for the guy

----------------------------------

is that a medical condition?

I feel greatly for the player and wish him a full and speedy recovery.

However, I still feel that his sale was one of the best, if not the best, piece of business this club has ever been part of.

His play certainly would not have fitted in with the style that is being played at the moment. In fact I would find it very difficult to know where he could effectively play if he had still been with us.

Nevertheless, I still wish him well for the future.

I don''t get your new found love of Redmond on the left Yellow. Surely he was inverted, cut inside practically everytime and Snoddy was nowhere to be seen.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 20/08/2014 12:46 PM:

I don''t get your new found love of Redmond on the left Yellow. Surely he was inverted, cut inside practically everytime and Snoddy was nowhere to be seen.

Is that for me Nutty?

Where have I said I have a love of Redmond on the left?

I have no great love for Redmond on the left as I have already posted.

I will re-post it for you -

The most similar player to Redmond that we have had in the past in my opinion is Ruel Fox.

Ruel did a very good job for us. He was a very fast right winger who improved the more he played.

But he was not played as an inverted winger, or as a striker, or asked to play up front on his own .......... he was a right winger who leaned his trade and made the position his own.

Redmond seems to be asked to do a different job every match.

He is becoming a Jack of all Trades and Master of none.

I would prefer him to learn one job well.

Stop messing him about, play him on the right wing, leave him there and let him learn that position.

He will then be a very good player.

I was disappointed to see him on the left when he had played on the right against Watford. I felt it must have been for the benefit of the team and accepted it. Nevertheless Redmond made several good runs on the left, on the outside, especially in the first half (when he could stop himself being offside) which I doubt he would have made last season. That I found to be encouraging and I certainly would not agree with you that he ''''cut inside practically everytime''.

The biggest differences between the game this season and that of last is pace. We do not slow our attacks down. We counter quickly and effectively, we put pressure on defences.

I do not see how Robert Snodgrass could fit in to that team play.

I just hope the encouraging start continues.

What was it that prompted your reply?

question is, was this an injury waiting to happen and so would have happened with us had he stayed ?or simply something that was caused by that particular activity

............ if it was the first, then we had a narrow squeak as it would have meant him being here unable to play all season (almost) and the loss of money for incoming players, as well as a possible knock on effect if we did want to sell later onotherwise I wish him a speedy recoveryhe always gave his best and was fully committed to the cause

Bit gutted for the lad if I''m honest. Never wish an injury on anyone and it wasn''t as if he was banging in the door to the media guys about wanting out.

Always thought he was class and was looking forward to seeing how he got on in Europe!

The biggest difference from last season to this is thequality of opposition. I''m enjoying it emmensely. Every game is winnable. Snoddy would have been huge in this league.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 20/08/2014 2:38 PM:

The biggest difference from last season to this is the quality of opposition. I''m enjoying it emmensely. Every game is winnable. Snoddy would have been huge in this league.

I fully agree about the opposition and I, too, am enjoying it immensely. The entertainment value is far increased.

Tell me Nigel, would you still have played Snoddy on the right wing?

Well if he was still here he''d have the number 7 shirt but I''d have hoped he would have been switching mid game like he did for a lot of last season. But he''s not here so although I wish him well, and am glad for the time he was here, Ihave new players to support.