Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Notice tha Redmond is this years scapegoat......yet E Bennett is held in high regard, why?

Just to say noticed that even though Redmond had a decent game last night he still gets some poor comments.

Yet E Bennett has come on twice & started at Wolves and for me has offered nothing, no pace, no guile andl looks as if he''s not match sharp or fit.

As soon as Murphy came on he made an impact, maybe Murphy should be ahead of Bennettt?

A scapegoat is always required. Redmond needs to be less hard on himself and "think less" his natural and reactive play is good it''s when he tries to be "clever" he gets into trouble.

He is quality and will show it.

The lad is quality and will show it week in week out soon I am sure.

I believe confidence in and around the team will be a big factor in his improvement and the great result last night will go towards this.

Once he gets that vibe I don''t think it will lose him - Really believe that if we win the next couple, defenders will run scared of him.

Redmond is a quality young player with much potential - lets ensure we dont destroy him through booing and criticism.

As for the OP comments re Elliot Bennett, he has been out injured for 12 months - and last night showed a few nice touches and even stuck in a committed crunch tackle, so no issues or complaints from me!

There is no denying the lads talent, he shouldn''t let a few people get to him, you need pretty thick skin as a footballer.

I also feel the comments regarding E. Bennett is a little harsh, he has just returned from a very nasty injury & whilst he hasn''t hit the ground running he did show glimpses last night of what''s to come from him.

Personally thought Bennett was one of our better players against Wolves and was unlucky to be dropped out of everyone that played.Agree though that the Redmond "hate" is a bit over the top, but it''s mainly due to fans frustration since we know how good he can be... at the moment he isn''t getting credit for what he is bringing to the team (i.e. teams are scared of him brilliant at breaking at pace & as such turning defense into attack in an isntant), but to be honest he''s rightly being criticised about his end product (he''s been putting better balls in, but at the end of the day he seems to shoot at stupid times and many of his crosses are wasteful).

For me, Redmond is just so frustrating. He is fantastic running at players, but his final ball, whether cross or shot, is almost always poor. Whereas, Josh Murphy came on last night and his final ball was spot on. Super vision to lay the goal on for Grabban and won a few corners too. Redmond seems to panic when he gets close to goal. He just needs a little extra composure, which I''m sure will come. He was neither our best, nor worst player last night.

I have often posted about Benno - he comes from the area where I now live.

He is very much a confidence player, and really only approached his best after several consecutive games. Unless his injury and treatment have slowed him down, he had considerable pace, as quick as Redders, although Benno probably doesn''t dribble so much. I would say that he probably has a harder shot, and certainly defends better. Some people suggest that he would make a good RB, and few wingers would be quicker, but I wonder if he is tall enough for this?

At the moment Redders has yet to learn how to cross properly, and he tends to get forward so quickly that there are relatively few Norwich players as far down the field.

Both have suffered in the last two seasons from the priority given to Snodgrass, and neither has looked very convincing down the left and being naturally right footed tend to cut inside.

I am not sure if Redders is a scapegoat, although a number of people are disappointed in the end product, whether cross or shot. He is so impressive in motion that the finishing does seem less good. I hope that the new coaching staff take him under their wing and help him to develop. He has enormous potential, but I fear that under Hughton he didn''t really improve very much.

Difference is Bennet is coming off an injury.

Redmond is selfish, wasteful and missing the final ball.

I feel that Josh Murphy may have pushed himself above Elliott Bennett in the pecking order ...... and don''t be surprised if he doesn''t get very close to overtaking Nathan Redmond before the season is out.

Redmond is not a scapegoat maybe on a internet message board but not in the real world.

I don''t understand what people expect from him, he''s only 20, the Murphy brothers are good so when another youngster is ahead of them you know he''s got talent.

No one progressed under Hughton so it''s given that Redmond stayed at the same level as when we bought him, I expect him to progress this year and will be even better than he is now.

Funny how every one loves wes when Redmond looses the ball far less and even his poor final ball which Is about the same as Wesley''s constant pathetic short corners and free kicks - not one of them worked last night and yet he done it every time very very annoying!

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]I don''t understand what people expect from him, he''s only 20, the Murphy brothers are good so when another youngster is ahead of them you know he''s got talent.

No one progressed under Hughton so it''s given that Redmond stayed at the same level as when we bought him, I expect him to progress this year and will be even better than he is now.

Funny how every one loves wes when Redmond looses the ball far less and even his poor final ball which Is about the same as Wesley''s constant pathetic short corners and free kicks - not one of them worked last night and yet he done it every time very very annoying![/quote]

Thats exactly my point....Redmond is tgat good he''s the one the opposition double up on creating space for others.....also he''s that good that he can still take the defenders on and get that shot away or a cross in.

I''m not going to have a dig at anyone as the last two homes games shows how well this team with R Bennett is balanced and has that never say die attitude which we lost under Hughton.