Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy God

SCUM GAME

Sorry if this has been mentioned in aprevious thread......Can anyone inform me if there is a ''football special'' train to Ipswich saturday and if the pub near the station is the designated away pub?Hopefully i won''t be 20 mins late enetering the stadium this year because of 3000 plastic ipswich fans standing outside the turnstyles!

Trains run every half hour on the hour and half hour and The 5hithole known as The Station Hotel is open from 9am.

There is also a football special, but to avoid being treated like an animal by Suffolk Police I''d advise to use a service train as mentioned above my PC Tilson.

Should you wish to use the special, it departs Norwich at 10:48, Diss 11:06 arriving into Ipswich at 11:32.

The return is scheduled to leave Ipswich at 14:35.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]There is also a football special, but to avoid being treated like an animal by Suffolk Police I''d advise to use a service train as mentioned above my PC Tilson. Should you wish to use the special, it departs Norwich at 10:48, Diss 11:06 arriving into Ipswich at 11:32. The return is scheduled to leave Ipswich at 14:35.[/quote]

Does Matt Juler own PC Tilson?

No TCC but he is worried that if I give too much travel info I might take his title of Fan of The Year. [:D]

All I will say is anyone who wants to run the risk of arriving by train on time around thirty odd minutes before kick off  is somewhat brave on the notorious Norwich to London line.

Love it Tilly - us old boys will always call that place The Station Hotel - it hasnt been called that for years now! I have so many good memories in there singing at the simpletons walking past - same again on Saturday!

Cant wait - we are all on the 8,30 train now as no pubs serving early enough in Norwich!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Trains run every half hour on the hour and half hour and The 5hithole known as The Station Hotel is open from 9am.[/quote]

Quick question, I have tickets for the football special train but will they only be valid for that train or a earlier one?

Thnaks guys! I will look into the football special train! Anyone know if this is bookable via trainline or only from the station at Norwich?

[quote user="he likes paella "]Love it Tilly - us old boys will always call that place The Station Hotel - it hasnt been called that for years now! I have so many good memories in there singing at the simpletons walking past - same again on Saturday! Cant wait - we are all on the 8,30 train now as no pubs serving early enough in Norwich!![/quote]

I thought all the alchies know that Wetherspoons cater for their needs from 9.00am ? [:D]

All tickets should be valid on the football special. For those heading in a group (3 or more), make sure you ask for a GroupSave ticket to save 1/3 of the fare.