Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Cuellar signs

I''m suprised Bassong has not been allowed to go, maybe now if we can''t offliad Bassong it might be out on loan to cover wages.

It''s a solid signing but again free agent and we need to make surr we now keep Redmond, Ruddy & Tettey.

Like others on here just concerned lots of money coming in and we seem to be in the bargain basement market.

There are plenty of talented defenders out there but they cost real money, this has all the makings of not trusting Adams to spend big money after the Hughton fiasco.

I hope Cuellar comes good but we rarely sign a free agent that works out Sunderland clearly did not rate him even when leaking goals last season.

Bassong will only go when somebody comes in for him unless we pay off the 2 years left on his contract (hope not 3 years to go). If he stays he must be playing otherwise his career at the upper levels will be over. Don''t believe Adams will forgive must therefore consider a loan move but who will take him?

Pity Hughton hasn''t got another job perhaps the only manager who rates him.

Cuellar may have struggled in the Prem but this is the Championship. And highly rated at Villa and Sunderland until Poyet took over.

[quote user="pete"]Bassong will only go when somebody comes in for him unless we pay off the 2 years left on his contract (hope not 3 years to go). If he stays he must be playing otherwise his career at the upper levels will be over. Don''t believe Adams will forgive must therefore consider a loan move but who will take him?

Pity Hughton hasn''t got another job perhaps the only manager who rates him.

Cuellar may have struggled in the Prem but this is the Championship. And highly rated at Villa and Sunderland until Poyet took over.[/quote]I''m always confused by these statements on Bassong though. I saw him for two seasons, he''s not that bad a player for Hughton to be the "only manager who rates him" surely? I thought he looked decent for us and got player of the season in his first year here. Just can''t work out what''s gone on with him. Still back to Cuellar, is he left footed? If so, good signing.

[quote user="CJ"]Like others on here just concerned lots of money coming in and we seem to be in the bargain basement market.

There are plenty of talented defenders out there but they cost real money, this has all the makings of not trusting Adams to spend big money after the Hughton fiasco.

I hope Cuellar comes good but we rarely sign a free agent that works out Sunderland clearly did not rate him even when leaking goals last season.[/quote]that ain''t necessarily sothere will be few in the Championship that can afford both a high fee and high wagesthe idea this season will be to throw everything at promotion, with the proviso that if we don''t go up we can decide then who to keep and not keep etcsign the type of players you are talking off and they come with expensive 3/4 year contracts - that have to be paid even when the parachute money drops by £14m or so a year

ps it is not Adams spending the money .... or do you really imagine that the manager is given a a few million and told to go off and spend it !