Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Is 5-1 the best derby result ever ?

It''s the nature of the derby that some results are especially painful for the losers, and particularly good for the winners.

Happily over the years the big games have gone in our favour.  The semi-final win of course, then winning at their place to go top of the league when we were promoted, and for me the biggest one is the 5-1 thrashing at their place in another promotion season for us.  Biggest because of the scoreline, the comprehensive nature of the win, it being away from home, and the fact that we went on to get automatic promotion with 6 points from the scum in the bag.

The most painful result for me was the 5-0 away defeat in the late 90s, but neither team achieved anything that season so ultimately nothing turned on it.

So overall I''d say the 5-1 (particularly when combined with the 4-1 home win) is the best result over the history of the derby. 

What do people think ?

nopethe ''85 result, as they were ''nailed on certs''  to go to Wembley, the second leg at Carrow Rroad was a mere formality, a bit of a bonus on their way to the final and gloryhowever hard the 1-5 was it merely confirmed the already known standing of both clubs at the time.......... we went up, they continued their stagnationto be ''robbed'' of a place in a Wembley cup final is hard, to have it done by your rivals who then go on to lift the trophy is a massive hurtmore so given how few live games were shown in those days and we were given national coverage ..... to rub it in further