Sign in to follow this  
Davness

Pubs in London

Visiting friends in London this weekend (planned before fixtures list came out!) so was wondering whether anybody knows of any pubs that are likely to be showing the derby on Saturday? Any Capital Canaries out there that can help me? Preferably in the Wimbledon area, but I''m not too fussy on this front!

Cheers in advanced.

The CC''s were in the Old Red Lion in Angel. Bit of a treck form Wimbledon, but right near the tube station.

Yep, the ORL usually has plenty of Norwich fans in. They usually decorate the pub with yellow and green flags etc so it''s definitely home territory. Think they replaced their Sky subscription with a Russian feed though, so it may not be English commentary.

If you need to stay closer to SW19, I''ve watched football at The Alexandra before which is a good pub and very close to Wimbledon station.

The Old Red Lion will certainly have it on as the main game (it''s also Villa v Newcastle I believe with an early kick-off) so lots of pubs will be showing that.

Closer to Wimbledon, the Famous Three Kings directly outside West Kensington tube will have it on, but probably not as the main game come 12:45.

http://www.f3klondon.blogspot.co.uk/

The F3K may well be busy as it''s the Notting Hill carnival this weekend

I''m going to be in the Slug and Lettuce at Clapham Junction with my nephew if you want to join us - only 10 mins on the train from Wimbledon and the pub is right outside the station

When I''m in a similar situation I have walk around the houses and when I see one with a satellite dish I knock on the door and invite myself in to watch the game, you meet some lovely people and if there not too stingy you''ll get a nice cup of tea.