Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City sign Cameron Jerome

I would have been annoyed if we had signed him last season, if the rumours were to be believed, but in this league he should be a good, solid signing. Not one to make you go wow, but should get us at least 10 goals and numerous assists. Hopefully. Welcome Cameron.

One of my favourite duos had Jerome in it.  Now if we could only sign Bryan Robson.[img]http://www.robsongreen.com/misc/robsonjeromecover1.jpg[/img]

Cuellar and Jerome look like two excellent signings.  Experience, confidence and strength added to both ends of the team.  Competition for a place in the team is going to be fierce this season!  

Pretty happy with this. Like NA says he adds pace and power. A good team player. He generally has 4 or 5 games a season where

he is unplayable. We will also need to get used to match reports containing the phrase "Jerome missed a sitter"!!

[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Hooper will be gone before the window shuts now . Downgrading all areas .[/quote]

so  doff bin boy

Yeah, I fully agree Cheap Cheap Canaries. Grabban only has 3 goals in the last 2 games - cannot believe we have downgraded so much.

[quote user="I.S."]Yeah, I fully agree Cheap Cheap Canaries. Grabban only has 3 goals in the last 2 games - cannot believe we have downgraded so much.[/quote]

Grabban was scoring in this League for fun last year so no surprise he is banging them in. Cameron is a different story another player struggling in the Premiership, some do most do not make it in a lower league.

Scores on door is about 20m in and maybe 5m out really does not add up to a club going for it.

If Adams does it with what we have so far he will have proved many wrong but boy is he setting up the critics with these bargain basement discount players.

Speaking to Stoke fans over the past couple of days and received a bit of a mixed bag reactions"good impact player"."plenty of pace"."always plays better coming on than starting"."bit like a kids toy ,just wind him up and watch him run".Not many players are liked by all the teams fans so we will just have to make our own minds up but a few early goals will go down well.

Sorry CJ, has the transfer window closed already?

CJ, that''s the biggest load of bollocks i''ve heard since "Cheap Cheap Canaries" last post.

Jerome offers good, genuine competition for places in this league especially, pace and strength aren''t something to be ignored. His goal scoring record in the Prem is far from great but that doesn''t mean he can''t have a significant influence and for a couple of mill if he has the right attitude (which clearly Becchio does not) then it''s practically a no-brainer.

The stupidity of people that think we are going to spend 20 million on players in the Championship is beyond belief. If we don''t get promoted ,we need that money to bolster the squad in future seasons. IF we do get promoted, then the additional income will allow us to buy players who would not otherwise come to us if we were in the Championship.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]One of my favourite duos had Jerome in it.  Now if we could only sign Bryan Robson.

[/quote]I''d really like those Robson Green fishing programmes if it wasn''t for that annoying Geordie tw@ in them.

Jerome averages a goal every 3.85 games at Championship level. That would take him to around 11 goals this season. He also adds something a little different to our strike-force. Lafferty is far from the striker I thought he was, he prefers the ball into chest or feet rather than in the air and wants to try and create or dribble at opponents rather than out-power or out-jump them. Jerome is far closer to a traditional target man which is an  area we were lacking in. He''s also an ideal strike-partner for someone like Hooper or Grabban if you want to play with 2 strikers. 

A bit of a sticking plaster type player, a temporary fix as Adams attempts to plug the holes. Within one season we''ve gone from feeding a wolf to feeding a donkey.

[quote user="CJ"][quote user="I.S."]Yeah, I fully agree Cheap Cheap Canaries. Grabban only has 3 goals in the last 2 games - cannot believe we have downgraded so much.[/quote]

Grabban was scoring in this League for fun last year so no surprise he is banging them in. Cameron is a different story another player struggling in the Premiership, some do most do not make it in a lower league.

Scores on door is about 20m in and maybe 5m out really does not add up to a club going for it.

If Adams does it with what we have so far he will have proved many wrong but boy is he setting up the critics with these bargain basement discount players.[/quote]This made me sigh and shake my head a bit.Grabban was scoring in this League for fun last year so no surprise he is banging them in... Yeah, it''s a given moving a player from one team to another that they''ll continue to perform well at the same level. Oh no, it doesn''t. Torres, Holt, Carroll, Keane to name but a few Strikers who didn''t.Cameron is a different story another player struggling in the Premiership, some do most do not make it in a lower league... Most do not? There''s a "I''ve said it so it must be true" fact if ever I saw one. He has played 3 seasons in this league and his stats don''t make bad reading. He''s a great option, but we won''t know until he''s played right?

Scores on door is about 20m in and maybe 5m out really does not add up to a club going for it...
I think it''s safe to say that money does not necessarily buy quality. The simple fact of being relegated dictates we''re going to be spending less on players than the Premiership prices we paid the past few seasons.If Adams does it with what we have so far he will have proved many wrong...

Probably not that many...but boy is he setting up the critics with these bargain basement

discount players
... bargain basement discount players?! I can think of 2 teams worth of players we''ve bought that would fall into this category in the past decade. None of the players we''ve got in during this window do, each have decent proven records in the division we''re in with the exception of Lafferty who''s played Scottish Premier League which may aswell be the Championship. The one''s we''ve seen aren''t doing too bad so far though eh?It doesn''t take a genius to work out that not every player we bring in will be straight into the starting line-up or even the matchday squad. We have a great pool of players, have only lost a few and aren''t really left with any gaping holes we need to panic buy to fill. Good business so far, but notice the import bit "so far", there''s still plenty of time left.

Great post MP. Far too sensible for the miserablists on here though ;-)

[quote user="Even Keel"]A bit of a sticking plaster type player, a temporary fix as Adams attempts to plug the holes. Within one season we''ve gone from feeding a wolf to feeding a donkey.[/quote]

as opposed to killing off your poor old donkey

ps any news of what happened to the Cresswell money..... has Evans made off another transfer fee ?

IMO, scoring has a lot to do with the playing style. Jerome''s recent scoring record reflects the playing style of Pulis at both Stoke and Palace. Playing in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 with the likes of Grabban, Lafferty and Wes he may well surprise some people.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Can drift from wide and play across all front three positions. More flexible than given credit for. A good signing at the level we currently play at.[/quote]In that case we seem now to have three strikers,with Grabban and Lafferty, who can operate in more than one position. I haven''t seen Grabban play, but Lafferty, based on games a few years ago, is much more than just a lumpen targetman. This kind of flexibility should be very useful in terms of keeping the opposition manager, and defence, guessing.

sohooper, jerome, grabban, lafferty, becchio, loza, morris

think hoopers probably going bye bye

lets hope we get proper money for himdont rate jerome, however in this division if bradley johnson can score 2 in 3 then jerome should be on for at least 15 this season

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]Can drift from wide and play across all front three positions. More flexible than given credit for. A good signing at the level we currently play at.[/quote]In that case we seem now to have three strikers,with Grabban and Lafferty, who can operate in more than one position. I haven''t seen Grabban play, but Lafferty, based on games a few years ago, is much more than just a lumpen targetman. This kind of flexibility should be very useful in terms of keeping the opposition manager, and defence, guessing.[/quote]Adams has stated that the players will pretty much have a free rein in attack, which may suggest one of the reasons for their signing