Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Pubs in or around Wembley for Saturday?

Morning Chaps,

On the day we played Wolves, my Rugby League team made it to the final of the Challenge Cup at Wembley!

Having watched a pitiful display, with no passion or creativity and watching players play out of position, I hastily told my old man to get me a ticket for the final!

The final is this Saturday!!

I will be in London and heading towards Wembley for the Norwich game, is there anywhere close by to see it?

Head down Wembley Park Drive, a short walk from WP station. There are two or three down there.

There''s definitely a sports bar with loads of good sporting memorabilia, out of the station, down the steps, turn right. Loads of eateries too.

Would that be Classy Cas? My dad used to work down the pit at Featherstone and supports the Rovers.

No great fan, but always had a soft spot for The Tigers.

Hope both results go your way, and I''ve not got this wrong and you want Leeds.

Go to Baker Street, if you don''t fancy The Globe or Metropolitan, try the Allsop Arms (about 200m walk from the station). Lovely little pub and nice food too.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/pubs/@51.5225837,-0.1609918,18z

[quote user="FCC"]Would that be Classy Cas? My dad used to work down the pit at Featherstone and supports the Rovers.

No great fan, but always had a soft spot for The Tigers.

Hope both results go your way, and I''ve not got this wrong and you want Leeds.[/quote]Yes it is, been a long time since we were down there.Infact it was ''92 and I fell asleep as the players came out, I was only 7! Good job we got stuffed!Dad still living locally?

When I was at Wembley last season, I stopped off at the Capital Canaries pub in Angel after arriving at Liverpool St.

Its 1 tube stop away from Euston & the overground direct to Wembley.

I''m in London tomorrow & will be going there again for sure.