Sign in to follow this  
barclay_boy111

Garrido

It could be a worry but I felt Whittaker played far better second half at left back than he did first half at right back, so:

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Whittaker

NA said in the presser he was in contention, hadn''t trained but injury wasn''t as bad as first feared

I will be more worried if he''s fit because it will mean Adams has the option to put Martin back at centre back. I would actually prefer him to have his hand forced to play Bennett for a couple more games so he can hopefully cement his place in the team.

If he wasn''t fit, it wouldn''t necessarily be a bad thing, if it means that Bennett plays, and Martin is at RB.

I don''t have much faith is either Whittaker or Garrido. Both are excellent at getting forward and crossing, but both have defensive limitations, especially against pace.

So to use Bennett, and play only one of Garrido and Whittaker, in my opinion doesn''t weaken the back four, and probably strengthens it.

Will Cuellar be match fit? Could be on the bench as cover for RB and CB. Not sure he plays LB.

Agree that Whitts looked more comfortable as LB than RB, despite being supported more as RB by Laferty than at LB by Redmond.