Sign in to follow this  
pete

Fer sell on who is paying

Leroy had 20% sell on trust this paid by QPR

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/08/21/fc-twente-set-for-e3m-windfall-from-norwich-sale-of-leroy-fer/156009/?

you didn''t read it very well

qpr paid 8m plus 2m owed for a clause in his contract assume lost loyalty bonus ect

then we have a 20% sell on clause

Cheers Paul was a little confused as to what it meant re money owed, thought it meant we owed it to FC Twente. Therefore transfer worth the £10m as quoted.

Sorry, can you explain it to me because i am still confused

We got 11 M Euros according to Dutch Press 8.8M

Up to 3M Euros is apparently going to FC Twente, does that come out of the 11M Euros or not?

As I read we owed Fer some loyalty money but have saved on that due to his transfer and paid FC Twente that money plus a sell on.

So we have got 8M Euros net plus a saving on money due to player? Correct??

I think I have untangled this one on another take

We got 8.8M plus money due to player not being taken it its almost 10M but have had to pay about 3M Euros to FC Twente.

So we are 6.41M up on the deal if you take out all the money paid and due, or another way of looking it £7.5M approx minus money due to player.

I think this is why we had all sorts of different fees being bandied about yesterday.

Loyalty payments as I understand it depreciate it due to contracts running out. So there would be so much due to Snodgrass going with 1 year left as opposed to Fer with 3 left.

The payment to players on leaving and signing on fees has not been factored into our assumed player budget however.

OUT

Snodgrass - £7 M

Fer -£7.5M When sell on factored in

Pilkington 1.8M?

RVW - £1.25M Loan fee

INS

Lafferty -3.95M?

Jerome -£1.6M?

Grabban 3M

That''s £9M profit minus signing on fees say 500K and player loyalty clauses on leaving say another 1.5M.

So my rough calculations we are up about 7M on total transfer fees? Sorry if this is a bit complicated, i think I am on the right lines?

don''t think you are far out

some of the ins and outs would have been up or down a little but not by much

and it does put into perspective the people who say we are banking 20m

Odd question, but what do our freebies actually cost? Is it simply their wages for the year?

On the free agents, I would have thought there''s a small (small in football terms) initial fee to the player, perhaps as an incentive, but also for the players agent perhaps

If you take out the original undisclosed fee paid for Fer then I''m pretty sure we''ve only made a small profit on him. We''ve saved on wages and loyalty bonus so I suppose the board are happy.