Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Just a question on Malky

If it''s proven that Malky has indeed made racist remarks in his texts, even though he has appologised, should he not be banned from all grounds like fans who make racist comments?

Just think that if you set a standard should it not be for everyone?

Not having a dig at Malky but just be interesting to see what happens after all this has now come out.

I have to say in light of all the campaigns to stamp out racism and other victimisation I think he could well find it hard to stay in football.

Stupid and sad really that people can''t view everyone the same!

Sorry just come online and missed the malky issue thread....again sorry matey.

[quote user="Indy"]Sorry just come online and missed the malky issue thread....again sorry matey.[/quote]thats not enough apologies......you havent appeased city1st yet

I don''t think a racist remark in a text conversation between individuals is the same as shouting out racist abuse in a public place.So no, he shouldn''t be banned, though he''ll no doubt be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

Not sure how text messages between two people were seen by their employers. I assume that their phones were "company phones" and had to be handed back to Cardiff when they left but in that case why didn''t they delete all their text messages before handing the phones back. In any case, these were private messages between two people and of course this matter has only become the latest in shock, horror, probe racist/homophobic/sexist outrages because Cardiff apparently chose to place them in the public domain. Otherwise no one would know anything about the messages and be able to launch themselves into the nation''s latest pastime of extreme and self-gratifying indignation. To be honest I think that most grounded, sensible people unfettered by a zealous and more often than not bigoted obsession (John 8:7) to run down even the mildest of racist sinners have the charity and generosity of mind to forgive, move on and allow a second chance. Frankly, I find it all very pathetic especially within the context of the most shocking of current world events.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="Indy"]Sorry just come online and missed the malky issue thread....again sorry matey.[/quote]

thats not enough apologies......you havent appeased city1st yet
[/quote]

Yes, have a word with Malky.......he''ll give you some tips [:D]

[quote user="Snoots"]Not sure how text messages between two people were seen by their employers. I assume that their phones were "company phones" and had to be handed back to Cardiff when they left but in that case why didn''t they delete all their text messages before handing the phones back. [/quote]

Those in the know tell me that deleted messages, like deleted browsing history, can be retrieved by those digitally gifted.

It would seem that Vince Tan is out to do Malky maximum damage so I reckon he rented a boffin or two to winkle them out.

I don''t believe all the questionable text have been made public, I know some have.

Ok I agree that comments between two people are not the same as hate chanting but if two people on the terraces talking to each othe make racist comments and its reported the ban still stands, so whats the difference ?

I hope Malky has not sent or commented on anything worse than has been published.

I doubt he hired a boffin to winkle out that sort of nonsensehe was looking for evidence of the real concern ... illegal payments relating to transfersthough conveniently for some this has now become a welcome distractionwhereas start to unpick that payment thread and lord knows where it might endie Odemwingie''s extraordinary odd attempt to get a move away from West Brom... which ended with him being signed by Malky............and where was he originally hoping to head todear old ''readies'' Redknapp !