Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Lib Dems back Safe Standing

[quote user="im spartacus"]i remember it well the jeremy thorpe scandal, at school being called a `jeremy`was a huge insult, almost as bad as being called a `joey` [:D]
[/quote]

Joey

I dont like this sort of backing in a run up to an election, particularly as it is a certainty that there will be many of their MP''s and members who actually DO NOT support Safe Seating.

Absolute joke of a party seeking popularity. Still, could be worse, could be led by Ed "Ray Barone" Milliband

Never going to happen unless they know how it can be funded. Too many think it is just a case of ripping out seats to expose the old terracing underneath.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Never going to happen unless they know how it can be funded. Too many think it is just a case of ripping out seats to expose the old terracing underneath.[/quote]

Would be expensive because as far as I can understand this safe standing would involve replacing the seats with new seats? I guess the most logical place at Carrow Road would be the lower riverend because it''s the only remaining stand which was originally a terrace.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Never going to happen unless they know how it can be funded. Too many think it is just a case of ripping out seats to expose the old terracing underneath.[/quote]

Would be expensive because as far as I can understand this safe standing would involve replacing the seats with new seats? I guess the most logical place at Carrow Road would be the lower riverend because it''s the only remaining stand which was originally a terrace.

[/quote]

...and that definitely won''t suit....

Like putting a drum kit in a library.

Does anyone still believe a thing the anorak and sandals brigade say? Clegg makes Milliband look like someone who can eat a bacon buttie competently.

there is a slowly growing momentum to allow some safe standing so I do think there will be a change in the legislation at some stage; a bit of bandwagoning from the lib dems but no less laudable for it.

Where would be interesting as there would be a movement of fans; those wanting stand going there and those wanting or only able to sit moving elsewhere. If the river end would it create a second noisy end?

If there is standing then does the no standing rule get more rigorously enforced?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]there is a slowly growing momentum to allow some safe standing so I do think there will be a change in the legislation at some stage; a bit of bandwagoning from the lib dems but no less laudable for it.

Where would be interesting as there would be a movement of fans; those wanting stand going there and those wanting or only able to sit moving elsewhere. If the river end would it create a second noisy end?

If there is standing then does the no standing rule get more rigorously enforced?
[/quote]

Yeah i would expect them to get really heavy on standing in seating zones if it comes to fruition, even more so than now.