Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Key to City getting another big result against Ipswich?

Soak up the inevitable pressure and hit them on the counter, get an early goal. They''ll come at us, they''re up for it. I''d take a draw if you offered it to me now, to be honest.

I rate Mick Mc as a manager but he will be bricking it.

He needs to pay attention to Johnson as a threat from distance re last few games, which gives him another headache on top of dealing with our top, both central and wide. We''ll walk it.

*trips over on way to toilet*

Ryan Bennett must start, to help deal with the high balls coming frequently.

Otherwise the same as started on Saturday, unless Garrido is not fully fit, in which case Whittaker to LB. The defence must maintain shape and confidence.

It would be nice to score early, but the important thing is to prevent them scoring early.

[quote user="Well I Never"]I rate Mick Mc as a manager but he will be bricking it.

He needs to pay attention to Johnson as a threat from distance re last few games, which gives him another headache on top of dealing with our top, both central and wide. We''ll walk it.

*trips over on way to toilet*[/quote]I agree. The evidence of the last two games would suggest that if the opposition make extra effort to try and close down Johnson and Tettey, then that will leave more room for our fluid attack to create mayhem.   The movement and running of Wes/Redmond/Lafferty and Grabban are enough to keep any team occupied and that is why imo Johnson and Tettey have had more space to work in - and they are enjoying it.  Carry on the same away as at home and Ipswich are in for one tough match.

I''m a bit lost as to why so many advocating Redderz. As Neeyul said after Blackburn, Murphy showed composure which is what we want against 1p5wich. Get Murphy to go beyond their back line on the break and he will set Grabban up. Ay Redderz and row z will see more a tiona.

Longer term we''ll need Delia to hand over the keys to the fans and the appointment of genuine Norwich City fans to the board of directors. Get rid of the wishy-washy London media luvvies, asset strippers and chicken farmers, and the results should improve.

[quote user="Even Keel"]Longer term we''ll need Delia to hand over the keys to the fans and the appointment of genuine Norwich City fans to the board of directors. Get rid of the wishy-washy London media luvvies, asset strippers and chicken farmers, and the results should improve.[/quote]asset strippers ?yep, they''ve taken our training ground and moved it to some dodgy offshore companymedia luvvies, errr one - Stephen Frychicken farmer - who put in £2m as opposed to an arms dealer who has ripped out £12m on transfer fees alone

Agree with previous posters, they will be motivated by their fans and their manager and will be "hellbent"on revenging their 2 previous defeats.

They will be at home but the key for them would be if it is controlled aggression or blind kamizaze aggression (just charging in &attempting to hurt/unsettle Hoolahan & Redmond - our smaller players - If the latter someone may be sent off.

We must "want it" just as much. On paper we do have the superior attacking players. BJ & Tettey & our defence need to be up for it

"on revenging their 2 previous defeats."their ?how many of the current binners played in those games ?if a manager cannot get his players fired up for every game then perhaps he''s not the man for the jobas to us I''m sure our players will be aware of the significance of the game for our fansbut will, I suspect, be more aware of how important these three points will be come next May......... as will all the other three points being played for every game

City1st I''m sure the current pool of Ipswich players are well aware of the previous 2 results and will be wanting to put things right for its club and its supporters.

I am stating the obvious with quite a number of my points but that''s because there is quite a bit of complacency in the air.

This match will be special for their players who are a lot more physical than ours. Last thing we want is another "Wolves". Put aside it''s their closest rivals - their players will gain a massive boost by knowing that they stopped a team with the quality of Hoolahan & Redmond in its ranks. They will then be full of confidence for the rest of the season