Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Key to City getting another big result against Ipswich?

The derby clash at Portman Road is next up for Norwich. But what will be the key to City getting another big result against the old enemy? Let us know your thoughts and we’ll print the best responses - keep it clean.

Nullify their physical, long ball threat then hit then with quick passing and pace.

They are a big physical side so need Ryan Bennett with Turner in the centre of defence and push Russ Martin out to full back - apart from that I think we''ve got the skill, confidence and momentum to pick up another 3 points

I think we need to hold and give the ball but do it at the right times. Redmond can be slow or fast but he must get to the line. They are a physical side so will hit us and hurt us, we will have to defend and attack in equal measures. The way we can counter this is to get round the back of them.

They can try and catch us because we are the canary "men"(and ladies) and what Neil is looking at is his master plan.

We arent hooligans and this isn''t meant to be a football chant but with a canary on our chest, I don''t think we can go wrong.

We''ll sing for Norwich. No-or-wich.

Need to keep things tight at the back straight from the off, keep pressure on them as to not allow them to build any attacking momentum.

I feel our strike force this season is already breaking in well with the rest of the team and goals are already finding themselves so if we manage to do the above the result will follow.

An early goal to calm things down and then hit them with pace on the break.I would definitely like to see Ryan Bennett starting at the back as well. A good season in the Championship this year and he could turn into an excellent Premiership standard centre back.

Always with a derby game it''s key to get the players motivated but not OTT.

I agree Ryan Bennett at CB looks a better bet with the experience of RM at full-back.

Definitely one to keep it tight and try to control possession, get the crowd quiet.

From the 5-1 game, we have Wes and Russell Martin but I think that''s it ?

Tettey, Johnson &Wes to control the game and R Bennett to start alongside Turner.

It''s another hard game but lets not set up like we did against Wolves, go for the win.

Start R Bennett in the heart of defence and not Rus...he''s not a central defender! P!swich are too physical a side , so we need strong CBs.

Try and hit them on nthe break as fast as we can.

Start at a high tempo and press high up the pitch. If we get ahead, don''t sit back but continue to press and use our pace down the flanks to turn their defence allowing our midfielders to attack from behind the forwards..

Turn up with the right attitude, don''t do anything stupid to get sent off, and get the ball to Grabban in the box and all will be well. We are better than them in terms of skill but we need to be prepared to match them physically.

Well I''d say that we''ve got to hold and give but make sure we do it at the right time. It can be slow or fast, but we MUST get to the line.

They''ll always hit us and hurt us, defend and attack, and looking at their other games I''d say there''s only one way to beat them and that''s to get round the back.

So print me if you can, cos I''m the splutcho man, and what you''re looking at, is my master plan.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]. But what will be the key to City getting another big result against the old enemy? .[/quote]jokes aside, it will be about who wants it more

Retain the powerful defensive platform provided by Johnson and Tettey, with a floating Hoolahan in front, completing a well-balanced triangle in the key central area.

Ally pace in 3/4 wide forward areas going regularly beyond a forward pivot and this will be far too much for teams in this league, including Ipswich.

Parma

Make sure we put out our best and most obvious back four.  This means Turner and Bennett in the centre, with Martin at right back. 

Make sure the players wear neck braces because with McCarthy''s delicate brand of hoofball, they will need them. Hard hats too because several balls will be coming down with ice on them.......

[quote user="Indy"]Tettey, Johnson &Wes to control the game and R Bennett to start alongside Turner.

It''s another hard game but lets not set up like we did against Wolves, go for the win.[/quote]I agree with this.  No negative stuff and thankfully no Olsson !!!

The real key is to getting another big result is to score more goals than they do!

Ipswich will be ready. They have been dreaming about this for a lot longer than we have - which means their natural desire to beat us is likely to be fairly high. We need to focus on what we are best at; and thankfully of late that''s winning! Our captain has been there and done it in the 9-2 aggregate season. I just hope Russell Martin slots in at right back and we boss the midfield with a few crunching tackles within the rules from Tettey and Johnson.

Providing whoever plays brings their best mindset, everything else should take care of itself...

Observations based on last night;

Same team:

Hoolahan needs to not fall into the trap of being found too far up the pitch, at times he did a really good job of linking the midfield and attack last night which we need. When he finds himself too close to the forwards, play breaks down to an extent.

If and when Ipswich change to nullify that threat and make the midfield more compact we need to be able to switch the ball quickly and spread play quicker, at this stage it will be of benefit to switch/have Redmond on the right IMO

Tettey and Johnson holding firm and getting into the scum, with a referee who doesn''t play to the home crowd (or the empty seats) and lets the game flow. Get that and we win.

With no disrespect intended to our present manager and players have Neil Adams and Gary Hooper stand on the touchline all match sporting face masks of Paul Lambert and Grant Holt respectively. The Tractor Boys will fold like a tent at the end of a carnival stint.

Strong defence and dominating midfield to dictate.

Feed the wings for some poaching.

Weather their 20 minute all guns blazing, play our passing game and then we will be laughing. They cannot play football!