Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

texts lets be honest ?

i bet everyone on here has sent , recieved, forwarded , laughed at, texts that contain  elelemnts of racism, sexism, homophobia, poor taste after someone famous  has died, or been caught up in operation yew tree or similar sort of stuff ?

Not using a work owned phone, no. You need to behave with more integrity in this instance as you are representing your company.As a qualified accountant I would expect to lose both my job and my professional membership for sending this type of inappropriate message.Still, there''s always chance for redemption and I''m sure that Malky will come through it a better man.

[quote user="im spartacus"]i bet everyone on here has sent , recieved, forwarded , laughed at, texts that contain  elelemnts of racism, sexism, homophobia, poor taste after someone famous  has died, or been caught up in operation yew tree or similar sort of stuff ? [/quote]but have we been ''dipping our hands in the till'' on a very large scale ?which is the real concern here

Racism, no way. Homophobia, no way, and ''bad taste'' is a lot more open to interpretation because you''re likely mocking people on an individual basis, based on their actions, not something like the colour of their skin or their sexual orientation.

[quote user="im spartacus"]i bet everyone on here has sent , recieved, forwarded , laughed at, texts that contain  elelemnts of racism, sexism, homophobia, poor taste after someone famous  has died, or been caught up in operation yew tree or similar sort of stuff ?
[/quote]

A difference where just moving a ''joke'' around compared to be the people making the comments but not in a joking nor banterish way. Theirs were not jokes but aimed at people they knew - that is a massive difference!

Quote The Shooter and "Colonel, your moral compass is so feked up, I''ll be shocked if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot".

Now do one, you''re no Kirk Douglas.

if you think it could get no worse then take a look at what the lowestoft troll (late of this parish) posted up in another place in response to those texts"I''m shocked that a City legend has spoke like this, truely shocked."unsurprisingly this was met with quite a strong response reminding the troll of his previous offensive and racist comments on herecue disappearance of said troll

Its a big subject, and I agree that the big issue in this, shall we say "Malkay Gate" affair, is the possibility of financial gain. As for the mails and texts, from what I have read, it is difficult to understand just what was sent or written and by who, also the newspaper article is written, in shall we say, a manner where its difficult to tell just how accurate and factual the accusations are

I remember receiving a text message from someone I know has anti-racist views along the lines of "What do you think would happen if I said..." It was only funny because I know the kind of person he is and his sense of humour. We''re living in a very totalitarian society if we''re scared of sending private jokes.

I doubt the phone was supplied by Cardiff. They needed a court order to get hold of those text messages.

[quote user="im spartacus"]i bet everyone on here has sent , recieved, forwarded , laughed at, texts that contain  elelemnts of racism, sexism, homophobia, poor taste after someone famous  has died, or been caught up in operation yew tree or similar sort of stuff ? [/quote]Ah yes, the old "everybody''s a bit of a c*nt" defence.Shame on you!

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="im spartacus"]i bet everyone on here has sent , recieved, forwarded , laughed at, texts that contain  elelemnts of racism, sexism, homophobia, poor taste after someone famous  has died, or been caught up in operation yew tree or similar sort of stuff ? [/quote]Ah yes, the old "everybody''s a bit of a c*nt" defence.Shame on you![/quote]as a racist, homophobic, sexist, alcoholic wife beater i feel i can take the moral high ground on this [:D]

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="im spartacus"]i bet everyone on here has sent , recieved, forwarded , laughed at, texts that contain  elelemnts of racism, sexism, homophobia, poor taste after someone famous  has died, or been caught up in operation yew tree or similar sort of stuff ? [/quote]Ah yes, the old "everybody''s a bit of a c*nt" defence.Shame on you![/quote]as a racist, homophobic, sexist, alcoholic wife beater i feel i can take the moral high ground on this [:D][/quote]We''ve all made mistakes, I deeply regret my membership of the EDL and my attendance at each one of Jim Davidson''s "End of the Pier" shows in August 2011 but I was going through a tough patch with my swedes and plums.

No. There is a reason that it is against my employment policy which includes social media, professional guidelines and would potemtially give me a problem when having to submit criminial record checks. It''s because as MM''s latest apology states it in inappropriate and unacceptable. I''m all for banter and not being over politically correct for the sake of it but having lived overseas there is a big difference between some making fun of English food, weather and football team and being on the receiving end of xenophobic attitudes professionally which is not a pleasant experience.