Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Malky issues

Maybe I am reading too much into it but looks like he is being chased by Cardiff over something serious and Palace have been warned off. Who knows if Cardiff have a case?

I wonder if the same happened to us hence the long drawn out appointment period , certainly would add up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investigated-FA-sexist-racist-homophobic-text-messages-time-Cardiff.html

Yeah he''s got issues alright.

Vincent Tan is a a genius. He timed this perfectly for maximum publicity and maximum effect. The chances of Moody and Mackay ever working in football again have just dramatically decreased.

he must be grateful that they are not problems !which in reality that''s what they really are..... serious problemsas if the dodgy dealings don''t cause some court case ... the rascist stuff will play very heavy

it should have been obvious to anyone with half a brain what was being alleged in regard to the questions raised over the transfer dealsthe question now is whether Tan was involved in any way, otherwise why was this not brought out in the openthe dark side of the game that is far, far more prevalent than many imagine

Just read that online. It''s massively damning for Malky, of which it''s completely his own doing by the looks of things.

Mud sticks and he''ll struggle to get a decent club anytime soon.

I originally wanted him at ncfc in the summer, but it now looks like a bullet well and truly dodged. Perhaps McNally was already aware of some pending issues? Probably helps to explain why Malky has not popped up at other clubs in the summer either, despite being heavily backed at early stages.

Can only echo that Flecky, perhaps this was something that was for those ''in the know'' and the Chief Exec avoided him like the plague.

That said I really do hope it isn''t true as its not the sort of thing you ever want to be reading about the great game we all love.

i don''t think you would have to be ''in the know'' to work out what was going on here

Tan said: "I gave him a big budget and he spent it on the wrong people.

We were supposed to have a main striker and we signed a 20-year-old,

paying him £45,000 a week.

"We paid more than £10million. The reported £7.5million is not the right

number. It was over £10million. And, guess what? He hardly started.

"Why pay so much for a main striker, pay £45,000 a week, more than Craig Bellamy, and then don''t start him?"Mackay appears to have been up to a few of Redknapps ''tricks''

it also shows the worth of these idiotic ''reported fee'' stories that the witless gaze at with such awe

"Several top agents and lawyers are also mentioned in the papers,

while it is understood Tan has refused to pay commission to agents on

almost all of the deals done under Mackay.

Cardiff have questioned the level of fees, commission and role of agents in several transfers during his two years as manager "

Daily Mirror

If any of this proves to be true, thats Malky done in football.

The next 48 hours or so, this is going to explode and I''m sure we''ll see more secrets out of the woodwork.

Sorry 1st I should have qualified my post a bit, I was referring to some of the content in the texts, racial slurs etc.

As for some of the transfer dealings, ''A La Harry'' seem the order of the day.

when all is said and done MM was a bit of a hero of ours and all this is not what you''d ever want to hear.

As for Tan, you wouldn''t want to get on the wrong side of him, you''d have a horse head in your bed.

Damming if true to say the least. Horrible allegations against Malky but as others have said it would explain why he''s not got back into management. A hero for us back in the day and that will never be tainted.

Malky obviously has a legacy here and that''s fine but we''ve dodged a bullet here.

Read ibrahim farah''s recent tweets! Malky is finished in football.

Should have suspected when he issued a full apology and accepted no compensation that Tan had something big on him.

Absolute pig of a man, hope he never works in football again.

[quote user="splutcho"]Should have suspected when he issued a full apology and accepted no compensation that Tan had something big on him.

Absolute pig of a man, hope he never works in football again.[/quote]

This. That for me is more damning than anything else. To third parties he was sacked suddenly and seemingly unfairly, issues legal proceeding but then suddenly both he and Moody drop them overnight and issue grovelling apologies. Clearly they knew they were in trouble if Tan continued to pursue them.

He''s also clearly not a man to be messed with. The timing if these revelations could not have been more damaging to Mackay.

Shame all this because we all remember Malky fondly from his time at the club but I did think he came across as a bit of an a**e when he managed Watford against us so never judge a book by its cover.

With so much focus on anti-racism in the modern game and society in general surely no intelligent person could believe he could get away with saying the things that have been alleged. The timing is also suspect. The whole thing could be a stitch up.

KC, without accusing you of being a touch naive about stories being released by the media, and their timing, I would wager that this story has been on the backburner, just waiting for the ''right'' time, to come out.

A stitch up? Yes, I guess it could be seen as that, but this is the real first major opportunity that Malkay has been primed for (if he was going to get our job, then I am sure the story would have come out then also). Tan has made sure that Malkay will struggle to get a job anytime soon

Damning stuff all round

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]With so much focus on anti-racism in the modern game and society in general surely no intelligent person could believe he could get away with saying the things that have been alleged. The timing is also suspect. The whole thing could be a stitch up.[/quote]

I will always remember fondly Malky as a player here and was shocked when he did not get the job, but now I can see why he did not McNally did some digging and did not like what he saw. Sorry looks like he was right to do so.

If Malky really did not send these texts he surely would have denied so immediately , any delay will muddy waters further for him.

He will not be the first person or the last to not realise when you get a company mobile it is just that owned for and paid by the company so effectively they can see all texts etc.

There absolutely should be focus on racism in the modern game. People need to recognise it is just not on and not acceptable. It would appear some of our own need that lesson as well. How can it be so hard to be not racist?

Buh, I''m not saying there shouldn''t be a focus on anti-racism. I''m saying that given that everyone knows that racism is not tolerated, I find it hard to believe Malky is so stupid he would make racist comments and think he could get away with it. Stinks of a fit up to me.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]KC, without accusing you of being a touch naive about stories being released by the media, and their timing, I would wager that this story has been on the backburner, just waiting for the ''right'' time, to come out. A stitch up? Yes, I guess it could be seen as that, but this is the real first major opportunity that Malkay has been primed for (if he was going to get our job, then I am sure the story would have come out then also). Tan has made sure that Malkay will struggle to get a job anytime soon Damning stuff all round[/quote]

I may not have the timing exactly right but didn''t Malkay make that public apology to Tan at the time we were looking to appoint Hughton''s successor. At the time most people thought he was trying the extricate himself from any legal issues to free himself up to take our job but that was the last he was mentioned in connection with us.

Normally I''ll agree and this does look like a bit of an "expose''" that someone''s been sitting on to expose. His ex players holding up the story seem to settle it though. I''m really disappointed.

Like has been said he would have come out and denied it, he''s made no comment.

The Mail piece is dangerously unclear. But if I have read it right only one of those obnoxious tweets/emails quoted is from Mackay. All the others are from Moody.The second point is that if Mackay and Moody did get away with (over-)spending money Tan thinks they shouldn''t have done, which is what he was saying before, then where we the checks from the club''s chief executive (if I remember rightly a Tan appointment) to watch out for that? If what is now being alleged is underhand criminality that would be a different matter.

I''m sure he''s gone straight to his lawyers. The fact he hasn''t made some big public statement proves nothing. It seems he''s guilty until proven innocent in the eyes of some, even when it''s clear he''s up against a very powerful man who stops at nothing to get what he wants.