Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

Top of the League at Portman Road

[quote user="Yellows"]Setting ourselves up for a fall here...[/quote][quote user="Highland Canary"]Given the choice we would be a

significantly better shout for promotion with McCarthy rather than Adams

in charge. I suspect we''ll have one point after our first three games

gaining a point versus Watford.[/quote]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Based on today''s pathetic effort, there''s absolutely no chance at all[/quote][quote user="Highland Canary"]A much greater likelihood of Ipswich being

top of the league I fear. Anyway I predict a point at the weekend,

followed by defeat to Blackburn, going in to Ipswich with one

point.[/quote]shove it up your jacksie, binboys

Brilliant. Top of the league at Poorman Road.[:P]And who thought they would ever see 1p5hite playing hoofball all the time.[:D]

Had to chuckle at the commentators constant comments about the financial gulf and how hard up they are! Should have a whip round of all those £20 notes they were waving around a few years ago!

[quote user="JF"]Had to chuckle at the commentators constant comments about the financial gulf and how hard up they are! Should have a whip round of all those £20 notes they were waving around a few years ago![/quote]

I suspect there was an element of trying to diminish our achievements by portraying it as some random act dealt to both clubs rather than it being a consequence of the different ways of managing each clubie the thieving binners are where they are because of their previous dishonest behaviour

Didn''t the current scapegoat, young Nathan, have a pretty good game?

Class told.

Laffers disappoint6ed, but no complaints.

Whitts was very decent IMO, despite assuming the scapegoat role for that game. Why do supporters evaluate a performance baded upon pre-conception? Very shallow.

An important victory and they ALL played very well.

I thought Whittaker was really poor, tried to do the right thing, but gave it away so many times, especially in that first half. (sorry to be negative when we''ve just won against the scum, but nevertheless, imo he was pretty woeful before the 80th minute mark)

I thought Whitts defensive work was ok, but his attacking play was wasteful with some dreadful passes. Little moan[:$]

As it has been mentioned, then I also thought Whittaker was poor 1st half, and our weak link, but tightened up in the 2nd half, Redmond decent but still a little wasteful, but tbh, there is so many positive things to talk about;

Grabban (on another day would have had a hatrick

Turner - absolutely solid

Hoolahan - MoM

Tettey/Johnson, both did an almighty amount of ''dirty'' work for the team

Fans, sounded great on the gogglebox (although I did notice 2 empty seats in the front row of our lower tier), where were ya?

Beforehand I though Lafferty would be a big influence on this sort of occasion, and could have had a goal with a bit more purpose,

so when everyone (Laffery, Redmond, Grabban) does click, then some team is going to get a proper hiding.

Had my Binner mate text me (he missed the 2nd half) saying that Grabban was offside, and he''s gutted to lose to a ''dodgy'' goal, so I have told him to watch the 2nd half and talk to a neutral :)

Didn''t he notice their own player playing him onside by a couple of feet?[:D]

I said that to him, but he claims the TV showed at half time, Grabban ''clearly'' offside (I was trying to fix my washing machine (between halves) so could not contest that!