Sign in to follow this  
yellowasanything

Clearly an excellent three points but some dubious finishing again

Against sides with tighter defences we might struggle to create quite so many clear cut chances.

Enjoyed watching the game on TV and the players seemed relaxed and enjoying what was really a comfortable afternoon.

Well done NA for bringing the squad together as a unit. I thought Wes was awesome today and I''ve had my doubts about his commitment in the past.

makes you wonder how Hughton managed to get it so badly wrong with Hughton - and perhaps explains some of his behaviour last January

I didn''t think the finishing was so bad- Grabban probably should have had better touches when clean through but still hit the target, great save from the one he hit early when it sat up for him, didn''t mind him trying the chip as we''ve seen 3 of those go in in the last two games. Scuffed one early on but then a good opportunist finish for the goal.Lafferty only seemed to have chances fall on his left and if BJs had gone in it would have been a carbon copy of the last 2!Redmond didn''t have as many wayward efforts and each shot we had seemed to rock their defense for a minute or two and kept them from getting the shape back. It played out almost like a set tactic- get shots in and keep them nervous rather than working the chance too hard and give them time to get men behind the ball.

Very good win.

Not sure Lafferty is in hos best oosition out on the left.

Hopefully we can see him play with Grabban in a diamond 4-1-2-1-2 soon (home game).

He needs a goal soon

That''s the type of striker Grabban is. He needs a few chances and is an instinctive finisher as in he''s better when he has to take a reflex chance than when he''s got a lot of time (Although Watford showed he''s still competent at this)

Moreover he''s a pretty good player, good passer, pace, technique, movement, dribbling etc Which is why he can lead a 4-5-1 which Hooper just can''t

If he finished like Hooper for example he''s be at Everton or Tottenham or someone.

Hooper would probably take more chances but we''d keep the ball less and create chances.

I''d personally prefer Grabban as our main man, I''d only play Hooper in a 4-4-2 (Which I wouldn''t want us to play unless we signed a powerful CM like the Belgian guy we''re linked with)

For 3 Million Grabban looks outstanding so far, looks like we''ve got our 20 goal man at least.

The only things that panicked me sometimes were Russ Martin at CB and Whittaker over-committing or being done. I was hoping we''d kill the game off but these 1-0 wins away from home are precious. Gonna have to grind out results in this division. It''d be good to have a creative replacement for Hoolahan if he becomes fatigued or injured. Someone who keeps the ball and sees things like he does. Hopefully Howson can do this or the supposed Fer replacement. Really would love it if Redmond looked to pass to unmarked players more too. Few occasions where we had someone ready to shoot hear the edge of the box and he did the usual shot over the bar. Encouraging display though and great to see us dominate for large periods