Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

I am Happily Surprised at the NA Transformation

I never asked for him to be removed however I never believed he could deliver.Only the beginning of course but have to say so far all has gone well and he has set a seed of optimism amongst the fans so congrats Neil.Super brand of footy from what I have seen moreover doubtless the players are playing for the boss so unlike last season.I feel very happy because of what I have seen today on the screen.

I''m with you 100% I never asked for him to go but at the same time I honestly didn''t want him as our manager but like I said with Hughton if he proves me wrong I will be immensely happy. And if things continue to improve I will be even happier OTBC

I wanted him in and thought he was the right man. That said, I only hoped we would see this improvement and didn''t see any other candidate who I thought could bring it and felt Adams ''might'' be able to. SO happy it is looking good.Hughton turned out to be exactly what I feared when we got him in and I hope Adams can continue to be what I hoped he would!I had 35 minutes sleep last night and figured I would go back to bed at the final whistle (still only 7.15am here) but am buzzing too much!!

Adams has shown more managerial nous in a handful of games than Hughton showed over an entire two years.

None of this '' ten games to prove himself'' '' nonsense, Adams deserves the full season at the very least.

Regardless of the level of football Norwich are now playing at, a relatively green Neil Adams is far more appealing as a manager than Chris Hughton.

We are a division lower, so I wouldn''t push all the comparisons with Hughton too hard. He did adequately in the Championship with Newcastle (with money) and more than adequately with Birmingham (without money). But Adams seems to be shaping up well enough.

I''m still surprised at all this guff about AdamsHe proved himself at the club by taking the youth team to winning the youth FA Cup.If any of you had watched the latter games you would have seen how his tactics were constantly spot on and that is no mean achievement when you arre up against teams like Chelsea will million pound youth signings - and all the coaching they have at their disposal. City youths wiped the floor with them in the final.Where was Stringers managerials experience before steppinhg up... and look what he did.Likewise Joe Fagan and Bob Paisley at Liverpool.The club had assembled a very positive squad before Adams taking it, but had for other reasons) handed control over to someone who was clearly out of his depth in management. The squad just needed to be allow to play - something the appointment of Adams has shown they can do.

You can make some comparisons though that are irrelivent to what league we play in

We are clearly fitter and more motivated

The players positioning, passing and ball control have improved, moreover we try to compete for second ball now like we never did under Hughton

The players are happier

Players don''t seem to just randomly switch off anymore

He''s convinced 90% of a relegated squad to stick around

and on the man himself

He actually has some charisma

He loves the club and wants to manage us, he should be loyal if another club tried to tempt him away

He has a great, progressive footballing philosophy

Etc

Whatever league we''re playing in I''d take him over Hughton every time and I was saying the same thing since the Fulham loss

Since ditching the diamond and playing to our strengths with 4231 the team (and BJ in particular) has performed fantastically.

Still areas to improve (defence still offering some easy chances and our striker fluffing similar ones) but that will come through the season as confidence is rebuilt.

Time to kick on.

COYY

City1st wrote the following post at 23/08/2014 3:42 PM:

I''m still surprised at all this guff about Adams

He proved himself at the club by taking the youth team to winning the youth FA Cup.

If any of you had watched the latter games you would have seen how his tactics were constantly spot on and that is no mean achievement when you arre up against teams like Chelsea will million pound youth signings - and all the coaching they have at their disposal. City youths wiped the floor with them in the final.

Where was Stringers managerials experience before steppinhg up... and look what he did.

Very much agree with this.