Sign in to follow this  
yellowasanything

Dare we dream of another four or five one?

I sense that an early goal would open the floodgates if our attackers can provide a lot of movement.

Could seriously see McCarthy being under pressure if we give them yet another spanking.

Maybe, but I think it unlikely if only because it''s very early in the season and we haven''t got into our rhythm yet. If they score first 1-1, but if we score first 3-1....

yes, I can see City players pulling out of tackles, missing shots and failing in all areas, because ...................... some herbert jokingly posted up a suggestion that we might stuff the paupers, again

oh dearoh dearie, dear  me

if the number of bookings they have been getting continues you may well be rightmad mick seems to have got them following the binner wickham school of football tacticsshove them, and if they don''t move shove them again

I am expecting a well prepared and set-up Ipswich, a tough physical and close game, and at the end a narrow win would be great.

Mick McCarthy is an excellent manager at this level and for these types of occasions and it would surprise me if we ended up on the end of another big win. That said, NA will at least understand the importance of the local derby, so should also have our team well up and prepared for the occasion.

That''s something I was thinking about the other day. Just how much does the derby REALLY mean to some players. The likes of  Lafferty, Grabben and co will have some idea of the significance, but will it seem like ''just another game'' for them. We''ve got the likes of Ruddy, Russ and Wes who''ve been there and done it before and will understand it.However, our trump card I think, is Neil. He knows EXACTLY what this is all about. Played in them, commentated on them and now gets the chance to manage in one. If anyone can get it into these lads just how big this game is, then it''s him. Yes, in the grander scheme of things it is ''just another game, and just another potential 3 points, but we all know differently. Right?I for one can''t wait! I''m quietly confident. I''d actually be happy with a point, but I think we''ll do it. I thing it''ll be close, but another tonking would be a VERY welcome bonus.Bring it on!OTBC[Y]

Lets not get too carried away its our away form that brings us down so a win away now would put us well on the road,but this is not going to be an easy game.

Don''t care that it IS Ipswich it is just a team, just want 3 points like every other team.

No harm in dreaming :-) although a narrow win will be perfect..

I am strangely calm about today. Going back to 4231 with cuellar in and jerome offering something different up front I am confident that should the worst happen today we have the squad to bounce back

COYY

I would love it if we could thrash them, just like we did last time but with a clean sheet. Instead of it being 9-2 to us on aggregate this season, I would prefer it to be 10-0.

A big win would be great but a touch of reality needed here , we are pretty rubbish away from home it''s been what 8 months since our last away win ? 3 points even if its 1-0 .

Sounds like it could have met my 3-1 prediction, but i''ll take a 1-0 away win over them lot any day!

[quote user="yoda"]A big win would be great but a touch of reality needed here , we are pretty rubbish away from home it''s been what 8 months since our last away win ? 3 points even if its 1-0 .[/quote]

Mmmmm right score I had

[quote user="Yellows"]Mick McCarthy doesn''t need to do a team talk today, all he has to do is show his players this thread!![/quote]the only think that is being shown is your suspect allegiance