Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sorry Neil

I was prepared to give Neil some time to prove he was the answer but today if it proves anything we are in for a long hard season with little chance of success.

The Diamond doesn''t work and the midfield played today is too lightweight. We need to play 442 with attacking wingers supporting Kyle and Lewis/Hooper.

Don''t know where Wes fits into a 442.

Need Howson to get fit and unload Redmond for the £3m to Stoke or Southampton.

Looks like neil not the man for us but what about the Adams oriented management set up where do we go from here?

The question is where does Redmond really fit in. I know he''s young, but clearly hasn''t worked on his deliveries close season.What is the point of a player that can beat others down the lines, but then cannot cross for toffee, or know when to shoot or pass. He always seesm to panic if he gets through on goal, hence the one goal.So if he can''t cross, and he really can''t shoot, where does he fit in??

["ron obvious"]From what I''ve seen, Josh Murphy (& possibly Jacob) is a better prospect than Redmond.

Another example of the ''Ryan Jarvis'' syndrome! - fans getting carried away by over rated players from our youth!

Both the Murphy brothers combined aren''t as good as Redmond simple as although they''ve got potential!

People talk about them as "when" they make it but they are still big ifs!

Redmond has to get better!

When Josh came on last season I thought he acquitted himself well. He is obviously inexperienced at this level but showed a better grasp of tactics - a better grasp of what to do & when to do it - than I have seen from Redmond. He looked just as quick, stronger, but possibly not quite as tricky.

I think he''ll turn out better. Even though he''s one of ours.

At the time, the OP was fair enough.  The diamond blatantly didn''t work, left our full backs exposed and provided little width to attack.  We did look poor and poorly set up against Wolves.To his credit, Adams has noted this, learned from it, and moved to a fluid 4-3-3/4-5-1 with better protection for the defence and creative positioning to flex the attacking options (and some raw pace to run onto the ball).That''s smart, and I''m sure the OP would recognise this and maybe reconsider his or her words.

[quote user="pete"]I was prepared to give Neil some time to prove he was the answer but today if it proves anything we are in for a long hard season with little chance of success.

The Diamond doesn''t work and the midfield played today is too lightweight. We need to play 442 with attacking wingers supporting Kyle and Lewis/Hooper.

you are a clit away from a twat

Don''t know where Wes fits into a 442.

Need Howson to get fit and unload Redmond for the £3m to Stoke or Southampton.

Looks like neil not the man for us but what about the Adams oriented management set up where do we go from here?[/quote]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]At the time, the OP was fair enough.  The diamond blatantly didn''t work, left our full backs exposed and provided little width to attack.  We did look poor and poorly set up against Wolves.To his credit, Adams has noted this, learned from it, and moved to a fluid 4-3-3/4-5-1 with better protection for the defence and creative positioning to flex the attacking options (and some raw pace to run onto the ball).That''s smart, and I''m sure the OP would recognise this and maybe reconsider his or her words.[/quote]

^^^^this

Key word: learnt