Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

All those who were calling for Adams to be sacked...

We are absolutely seeing what Adams promised at the moment and we only look like getting stronger.I hoped he would deliver this kind of spirit and confidence within the team and is exactly the anti-Hughton. Feel like we''ve got our club back.

Just as a promising young player steps up to the challenge when given the chance, so a promising manager steps up, Neil Adams- has lived up to his promise of attacking football, - knows how to set a team up, - can make changes to positively affect a game- has sorted out team spirit- has us top of the league!Lennon? unemployed - at least 4th choice for palace jobMalkay? unemployed (unemployable?)I know who I''m glad we got as our manager.Happy Days!!!

He won the cup with the junior squad, so tactics shouldn''t have been a concern. They were not going to vary all that much transitioning to the full team. His style pleases the players and suits their style and skill set.

Man management is the main difference. Now he''s dealing with highly paid men. A few unused ones aside (Bassong, Beccio) there doesn''t seem to be any hard feelings.

Well, he''s ditched the diamond after the first day debacle, moved to a more fluid 4-3-3/4-5-1 (Worthington used a similar system) and is getting the benefit of tactical flexibility.

I''ve also always believed in him and he''s done exceptionally well so far. Look at Fulham, it''so difficult to pull a relegated squad together again and get a team used to losing to change their mentality.

Also he seems to learn quickly from his mistakes and is a proactive rather than reactive manager

The coaching staff must also be excellent at we''re so fit our passing is crisp and accurate, the players appear more comfortable on the ball and our attacking movement is fluid and every player knows what to do.

Also the defence is solid, well organised and doesn''t switch off, nothing gets through and that''s despite us being pretty attacking and holding a very high line at times.

So far he appears to have the makings of a very good manager, so glad the board chose him over Zola (shudders)

9 points from 12 is superb, I am glad he is looking at more signings as I think we need them.

But we need to keep it going, I did not want him out after that first game but I was worried that the mindset that we slipped into last season show itself on that opening game. He has a really tough job with each season that goes by the harder it is for our club to go back up as we don''t have the right to go up, but parachute payments are helping now.

Long way to go and I think if we had not beaten Blackburn and Ipswich he would be under pressure. Certainly get the new players in and see where we are before the Xmas period. Adams will be our manager to then, if our performances and point tally is low then we would have to look at the position then. But after 9 points out of 12 is a great start, next target is to get over 20 points ASAP and therefore our next game is the next time when we can get three towards that.

Congrats to the team so far, let''s get some good quality in before the window shuts and be ready for this season

What Smooth said! TBH to get nine points from the first 4 games was beyond my expectations, keep it up City, Pride of Anglia!

part of the success is in the way we have kept the squad together, with players such as Ruddy, Redmond, Olsson and Tetty expected to leave (by some) and a bunch of freebies in to replace themunlike Fulham I don''t think the rot had set in - we just had a manager that was cluelessthe club was stable, in a very unusual position for a relegated club ... debt free, and no major busts up in the board room or change of ownershipthe belief is certainly there... on the pitch, in the boardroom and I expect now on the ''terraces''Adams reaction after the game was something we had been missing for somewhile .............. passion and commitment

looking good

I''ve always believed that Adams can do it - our last 4 games of the season were against very strong teams and you can''t blame him for our relegation. You can''t make predictions on how a team''s going to do after their first game of the season either. We lost 1-0 on the opening day, then won 3-0, 3-1 and 1-0.

I still believe it''s too early to make predictions on how we''ll do, but if we keep our form I think it could be a good season for us

Adams Family: " What about those who didn''t want him in the first place and they wanted Malky!"

What about them? Not ashamed to say Malky was my first choice when we appointed Hughton, and he was again when we finally got rid of Hughton (6 months too late!)

Plus we''ve played 2 teams who are in the top 4 and a team who are 10th and wil def be in the mix for the play-offs. Ok its still early but to be in the position we''re in is great.

i didn''t want him but the football and passion being shown is fantastic exactly what we needed after hoots! maybe i judged him to soon but he is proving me wrong and i am very happy the way we are moving forward we all have opinions on football and i admit i got this one wrong ! keep it up neil !

key decision was ditching the diamond for 4231 etc, rather than stubbornly sticking to a pre ordained plan; top marks for that flexibility.

bringing in tettey to allow the front 4 to play as well as transforming BJs performances and all for the benefit of the team.

this was how this formation should have been successful last season.

Its still early days (as it would have been conversely with one win from 4) but its looking good.

To be fair I was very critical of the Wolves game where gue to injuries and selection we did appear to have a hangover from ladt season.....yes Wolves are not a bad side and beat Cardiff today.

I still never wanted Adams gone and hoped he & the team could turn it around, they have and then some too.

Great to see Norwich playing the Norwich way, and as Adams said today we will get better as the season goes on.

Great to see passion and identity return to our mighty Canaries!

He''s grown a pair that''s for sure. Thank God we didn''t get Malky. We''d have lost today and dealing with all the baggage as well.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Adams has a lot to prove. Yes he''s started this season well but his record is still in negative equity.

I''m really happy tonight. But I''m not getting carried away.[/quote]

2nd attempt: How the long winter nights must fly by in your happy abode

Adams has said on numerous occasions that the team needs to score plenty of goals in order to get promoted. That''s a very pleasing strategy for the fans as we can look forward to some exciting football once again.

But I also think it shows Adams to be an intelligent coach, and the way he sets up a team, and the way they have adopted a mobile and flexible front line, in the style of Man City and the German National side, reinforces my belief that Adams has the qualities needed to bring success to NCFC.

In some ways it is not all bad that we were relegated. It means that Adams can rebuild the squad outside the pressure of the Premier League and against opposition of lesser quality. Mistakes are not punished so harshly at this level and because we are winning games once more the attitude of fans also change with everybody feeling more positive.