Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Fulham -shambles

Following my recent "tour of England" exploits, including two Norwich homegames, I went on a spying mission at Fulham last night.

Fulham was an absolute mess. No plan, no guts, no nothing. Wolves played a controlled away game and had no problems whatsoever.

Magath will definitively be sacked soon. Angry supporters after the game. Also hear via player sources that Magaths methods are not popular with the Fulham players.

My only regret is that NCFC does not play Fulham before Oct 18, and by the Fulham will have a new manager, will be on tbe up, and our tough luck regarding Fulham once again kicks in.

Playing Fulham now would be a gift. In Oct it is not.

My moan of tbe day is now done ;)

Good, hate them.

Wolves are a good side and one to watch this year.

which begs the question of what would things be now if we had played Fulham on the opening day and the paupers had played Wolveswould we now be sitting top on 9 points and them near the bottom on 1 pointI''m sure it sort of balances out over the season, but it does highlight the ''luck of the draw''

Fotheringham actually started for them last night. That about sums it up, no manager could get much out of a team that Fotheringham is good enough to get in!

It just empasises the pitfalls of employing a foreign manager in the Prem that knows nothing about lower league players.

We had a virtual squad of players made of of former lower level players who have actually played in the UK so we could hang onto them in confidence.

Fulham had a squad made of of overpaid foreign players that had to be sold on relegation and apparently have nobody with knowledge of requisite players at this level.

They need an experienced British manager at this level to avoid signing known duds such as Fotheringham !!!!!

That Chris Martin fella looks good for Derby. Quite impressed with their team and will be up there at the end, but if Fulham think they are promotion hopefuls.........

He looks sharp and confident. The Martin we had in L1. Good luck to the lad. So long as he doesn''t score against us.

So when you scour Europe you get Magath!

Add in the Malky issues and scouring Colney is looking a good policy.

Doubt if Magath will be in charge for their next league game. But it must be costing them quite a bit in compensation the rate they are turning over managers

To get out of the championship i think you need a mostly british based squad, a bit of experience and a manager who.knows the english game.

I bet McCormack is regretting that move.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"]http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=41627.0

Lol[/quote]"Let''s be honest he was the only player who has lived up to the hype he was given. Thought he was bad and turns out he is."

Good thing to note is that Peter Grant is their first team coach. Whilst he''s got a good coaching pedigree, his scouting is utterly absymal,as we saw at Norwich. I''d bet the Fotheringham recommendation comes from him.