Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Ipswich Forum

Hate to say it but been looking on TWTD and most of their fans are saying they were second best.And most of them are blaming Marcus Evans for not spending any moneyI think if I was a town fan watching that crap every week I be bored yo tears

Have to say most of the comments seem fairly honest, though they tend to feel they were more unlucky than they actually were.

We made them look like a L1 outfit. If they had have nicked a lucky goal I felt confident we could have gone through the gears & overpowered them completely; only trouble is, if we concede late against teams like this, we''re in trouble.

We must be more ruthless.

[quote user="Hucks6"]been looking on TWTD and most of their fans are saying they were second best[/quote]2nd best? They weren''t that good

it may just be dawning on some just how bad things are at poorman roadunfortunately, for them, they played a very poor Fulham side and deluded themselves into thinking that they were going to be play off place contendershad it been Watford, Wolves or Blackburn (as with us) in the first game then the reality of their dire position might well be even more apparent tonighta zombie club

[quote user="City1st"]it may just be dawning on some just how bad things are at poorman road

unfortunately, for them, they played a very poor Fulham side and deluded themselves into thinking that they were going to be play off place contenders

had it been Watford, Wolves or Blackburn (as with us) in the first game then the reality of their dire position might well be even more apparent tonight

a zombie club

[/quote]

Exactly

Actually sat with the ipswich fans at the game and agree with all comments made. They were blaming Evans/Mccarthy and saying it will be years before they stand a chance of getting promoted.

In a way not unlike us in the years up to relegation to league 1. Lets hope they follow suit but dont come back

Their plight sums up so much that is wrong with Championship football. Most clubs in debt, some very heavely and without promotion to the Primer league, no way of earning themselves out of debt. Those that stay within their means, are lower table with dewindling gate receipts that will eniviatably lead to greater losses, insolvency and/or relegation. McCarthy has his work cut out to be mid table and not spend beyond his means and keep the interest of his supporters. It can be done as we know on a shoestring budget and the right man at the helm. I just don''t see it in the case of ITFC.

Of all the derby day victories I''ve been lucky enough to go to that second half was right there in terms of how sure I was that we''d hold on.Wasn''t fortunate enough to go the 5-1 and my only visit to PR before yesterday was the 3-2 away defeat to basically relegate us.I just couldn''t see the filth scoring yesterday!

Thing is when we got promoted back to the championship ww went and spent £400k on Ruddy, £400k on Crofts, £1m on Surman, £600k on Jackson. I dont think they are in a position to go out and spend £2.5m on players. Your seeing Ipshit being out spent by the likes of Rotherham & Brentford and that tells its own stories. I said at the start of the season i thought they would struggle and if he gets them a top half finish that would be a miracle.

I didn''t understand all there optimism pre season. They have got considerably worse since last season, whereas the league has got considerably stronger. Not a great recipe that

Can''t believe some of them thought they were actually better than us!!! They really have no clue about how football is played do they? Bless!

sadly they are seeing their team become route one hoofers, relying on getting their big tall players up for set plays - (mind you, it did Stoke City no harm with Pulis and the long throw stuff....)

At least Adams really wants to play the game as the fans want it to be played here.