Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe

Hadn''t heard of him till today, but looks a good player especially for the championship. 5 caps for Belgium so can''t be bad. Move to Everton collapsed due to paperwork in 2012, and Lambert wanted him for £5m earlier this year before Lerner''s purse closed. From what I can tell, he''s an athletic midfielder who players centrally or wide right and has a bit of an eye for a goal. Comes highly recommended by Vincent kompany too! Anyone got anything else to add?

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe

Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe (17 juli 2012).JPG

Personal information

Full name Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe

Date of birth 21 February 1989 (age 25)

Place of birth Ghent, Belgium

Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)

Playing position Midfielder

Club information

Current team

Club Brugge

Number 32

Youth career

1994–1999 Gent

1999–2007 Anderlecht

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2007–2008 Anderlecht 3 (1)

2008–2009 Hamburger SV 2 (0)

2008–2009 Hamburger SV II 12 (0)

2009– Club Brugge 165 (21)

National team‡

2004 Belgium U15 3 (0)

2007 Belgium U18 3 (0)

2007 Belgium U19 9 (3)

2007–2009 Belgium U21 10 (0)

2010– Belgium 5 (0)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 December 2013.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22 December 2013

Yes please, sounds like a good player, hope it comes off.

Spartacus - so that means they''re all bad now does it? Anyway, despite Fer''s disappointing premiership season, if he''d have wanted to play this championship season he''d probably have been the best midfielder in the league. If Odjidja-Ofoe is as good as Fer then I''ll be happy.

To be honest, I''ve never heard of him, but a quick Google of his name brings up an article from the time he was going to join Everton with a glowing recommendation from Vincent Kompany.

[quote user="MancCanary"]Spartacus - so that means they''re all bad now does it? Anyway, despite Fer''s disappointing premiership season, if he''d have wanted to play this championship season he''d probably have been the best midfielder in the league. If Odjidja-Ofoe is as good as Fer then I''ll be happy.[/quote]no of course it doesn''t mean they are all bad but after the disappointment of fer i can''t get excited

Mustard - that YouTube video is bizarre! Some nice goals but then they also include some odd moments which aren''t really highlights at all.. Like the final one where he skies a shot way over the bar! Looks a good player though, and confident to shoot it seems!

Spartacus - just because he''s from the country *next* to the country Fer is from? Or because he''s a foreign midfielder? Would you be more excited if he was English? I don''t think Fer was as bad as you seem to think anyway. Had hughton played him properly - I.e. further forward and with no defensive duties, he''d have done much better. All his best moments were offensive, so it makes sense.

Dan O''Hagan ‏@danohagan 13m

Reports this morning of Brugge midfielder Vadis Odidja-Ofoe on the brink of joining Norwich. Excellent player. Good investment of Fer money

What better way to seal the deal than watching us #slapthescum. He must be convinced the Premiership is returning too.

Excellent stuff if true, definitely a message of intent. We dearly need a powerful midfielder to sure things up!

[quote user="AJ"]Excellent stuff if true, definitely a message of intent. We dearly need a powerful midfielder to sure things up![/quote]i thought bradders and tettey had started to look the part of course we need more than 1 option but the need isn''t desperate

And what happens if Bradders or Tettey get suspended or injured. Plus two defensive midfielders don''t give us a lot of formation options

Aj you are spot on. I am sure many of us have got in heated debates with friends over do we need to add to our squad.

For me the answer is yes, we have seen the squad, with exception of the newbies put in lacklustre uninspiring performances for too long and that can become the norm. New blood freshens that up. I want our bench to be the strongest in the league. Depth is critical and a signing like this is greatly needed.

If we go up this year we do not want to have just one transfer window buying players capable of keeping us up. I want us to look at players now that can develop into prem players, or the better champ players so in January we can so the same and not have to rush in that window.

Really hope Adams pulls in a few more players :)

Was there any further mention of this guy at the game (eg anyone claiming to be in the know)? - it seems to have been overtaken by the great events elsewhere!

M Bailey the pinkun reporter said it was news to him, not seen any other mention since

Michael Bailey tweeted. Sounds like it''s a goer to me.