Player A: 24-26

32 games 20 goals

28 games 14 goals

35 games 27 goals

player B 22-24

26 games 20 goals

37 games 24 goals

32 games 19goals

Seems pretty much exactly comparable 1 scored 3 more goals.

I mean player A also really tore up the Championship when he was in it too... ;eye roll:

If you want player A 22-24 here you go:

19 games 15 goals

17 games 17 goals

32 games 20 goals.

18 less games, 11 less goals... Worse team.

As well as there have been numerous people who HAD MORE SUCCESS THAN HOOPER that once they left absolutely failed, yet DID BETTER IN THE SPL THAN EVEN HOOPER.

who''s player A, who''s player B...C, D...

SPL in basic terms- league games

Hooper = 95 games - 63 goals

Miller = 191 games - 76 goals

Boyd = 342 games - 189 goals

But aside from the facts (showing Hooper goal to games ratio is so much better than the other two), your missing the point that Hooper scored 19 goals in just 35 games in an average scunthorpe team in the championship (the league we''re in now), whereas our hero Grant Holt scored just 21 in in 45 games and we finished 2nd. You understand right? You see how he could actually be half decent in this team?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]who''s player A, who''s player B...C, D...

SPL in basic terms- league games

Hooper = 95 games - 63 goals

Miller = 191 games - 76 goals

Boyd = 342 games - 189 goals

But aside from the facts (showing Hooper goal to games ratio is so much better than the other two), your missing the point that Hooper scored 19 goals in just 35 games in an average scunthorpe team in the championship (the league we''re in now), whereas our hero Grant Holt scored just 21 in in 45 games and we finished 2nd. You understand right? You see how he could actually be half decent in this team?[/quote]

You seriously can''t be this stupid... Boyd played the majority of those games from 16-22... I already gave you the stats when they were the same age. Boyd played 18 less games than Hooper in that span and scored 11 less goals. Try to figure it out moron.

YOU CAN''T COMPARE SOMEONE THAT IS 16-22 WITH SOMEONE WHO WAS 22-24

Cameron Jerome had 1 season the Championship where he scored 18 goals... I''m sure he repeated that the other years he was in the Championship, right?????

*FACEPALM*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobp5OHVsWY

I don''t think there''s any point responding to you in any different way, stupidity mixed with aggression, fantastic.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]*FACEPALM*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bobp5OHVsWY

I don''t think there''s any point responding to you in any different way, stupidity mixed with aggression, fantastic.[/quote]

You might not want to talk about intelligence. You were proven statistically wrong. Tell me how great Boyd was once he left Scotland. How did Jerome do other than 1 year in the Championship.

You may have an IQ of 10, I can get how you don''t understand.

jaemae2--

"As well as there have been numerous people who HAD MORE SUCCESS THAN HOOPER that once they left absolutely failed, yet DID BETTER IN THE SPL THAN EVEN HOOPER."

WOW who''s stole the jaemae outta your donut son???

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 22/08/2014 11:00 PM:

You might not want to talk about intelligence. You were proven statistically wrong. Tell me how great Boyd was once he left Scotland. How did Jerome do other than 1 year in the Championship.

------------------------------------------

whats not to understand? I gave you the statistics (they weren''t statistically wrong, are you that stupid?), you said ''no you''ve got to count from when they were both 22 years old,'' so thenyou then gave me your stats from when you started counting, and from this we can officially conclude kris boyd is better than Hooper. Thats right everyone, you heard it here first; kris boyd is now better that hooper because when they were both in the SPL, for a short amount of time, kris boyd scored more goals.

Although you''ve totally missed the point of what I was saying and, on a side note had the audacity to say my stats were ''proven'' wrong, I was wondering, in what way were they proven wrong? I took the amount of time each player was in the SPL and compared their goals to games ratio, you then, because your agenda against Hooper, only considered part of the statistics from a point in time. Again I would ask you to read the original post because I don''t know how anyone can get that upset over someone saying Hooper will be great in this league and then manipulate stats to fit their prejudices..its crazy.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]jaemae2 wrote the following post at 22/08/2014 11:00 PM:

------------------------------------------

whats not to understand? I gave you the statistics (they weren''t statistically wrong, are you that stupid?), you said ''no you''ve got to count from when they were both 22 years old,'' so thenyou then gave me your stats from when you started counting, and from this we can officially conclude kris boyd is better than Hooper. Thats right everyone, you heard it here first; kris boyd is now better that hooper because when they were both in the SPL, for a short amount of time, kris boyd scored more goals.

Although you''ve totally missed the point of what I was saying and, on a side note had the audacity to say my stats were ''proven'' wrong, I was wondering, in what way were they proven wrong? I took the amount of time each player was in the SPL and compared their goals to games ratio, you then, because your agenda against Hooper, only considered part of the statistics from a point in time. Again I would ask you to read the original post because I don''t know how anyone can get that upset over someone saying Hooper will be great in this league and then manipulate stats to fit their prejudices..its crazy.[/quote]

I''m not surprised it''s hard for you to understand why it''s mentally incompetent to compare 1 player playing games over a span of 6 year when he''s 16-22 with another player who only played in the same league for 3 years when he was 22-24. If you want to do that, let''s add up Hooper''s goals from the time he was 16-22 and compare them with Boyds.

I apparently was wrong and being that stupid would be a remarkable achievement that you will never be smart enough to reach.

jaemae2, for the record, you were the one who actually started comparing players and players stats first.

Take your negative and derogatory comments and do one you sad little blue boy!

cheers Iharman, I don''t understand why people need to be as aggressive to support an argument. His argument about Boyd scoring more goals than Hooper in a certain space in time is true and how he''s compared them (by age) is fairer, yet as I said before, it''s not the point I was making and there''s no need to shout and scream to make a point that''s not relevant to what was being discussed and also to say ''your wrong'' when talking about stats; its just so petty and stupid.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Reading interested in hooper aparently[/quote]

What?

No Premiership interest in the superstar Gary Hooper?

I have to say his volume speaks volumes for his attitude. How a professional athlete (with pretentions of performing at the highest level) can allow himself to become so flabby is beyond me.

Miggins, Jaemae, you are two extremes of the Hooper debate. Migs, having checked, I can tell you that very few Celtic fans consider Hooper even in their top 10 strikers of all time. Some do mind you, although probably those who never saw Dalglish, Di Canio et al. Maybe at the time it was all very raw for them? Jaemae, can you let us know exactly what it is that Hooper jas done to you? I just don''t understand why you hate him so much!!??!?!?

All we can go by is what we have seen. Hooper cant play the lone striker, number 10 or wide role particularly well. Maybe if we play 442 he will fit in. Id keep him to allow Loza to head out on loan. He could be useful, but until we actually see him, surely the jury is still out?

Flecky''s Flip-Flop wrote the following post at 25/08/2014 6:49 PM:

Migs, having checked, I can tell you that very few Celtic fans consider Hooper even in their top 10 strikers of all time.

--------------------------------------------

the fans that I talked to on celtic chat said unanimously that they rated him their second best striker of all time, i''m passing on what they said, you know what message boards are like; most don''t even mean what they say and it was when they were potentially losing their striker. Its not like I have an agenda to keep Hooper, but I don''t see why we need to get rid of him, imo he''s our best striker, with grabban not far behind and I think he''d be great with grabban in the team

Wouldn''t that mean changing the shape of the team having both Grabban and Hooper in the same team, going to perhaps 442?

I''m not sure if you''d want to change the setup that is currently performing so well. The Johnson/Tettey platform is like a midfield wall which you wouldn''t want to change and a 4 in midfield probably means no Wes. Not sure if I''d want to go down that route at the present.

How would you see the system with Hooper and Grabban both playing, Mrs. Miggins?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Wouldn''t that mean changing the shape of the team having both Grabban and Hooper in the same team, going to perhaps 442? I''m not sure if you''d want to change the setup that is currently performing so well. The Johnson/Tettey platform is like a midfield wall which you wouldn''t want to change and a 4 in midfield probably means no Wes. Not sure if I''d want to go down that route at the present. How would you see the system with Hooper and Grabban both playing, Mrs. Miggins?[/quote]

It would be madness to change the way the team is set up while things are going so well to accomodate Hooper - unless Grabban gets injured or loses form Hooper is destined for the bench.

I wouldn''t change things at present either but we need to have the option. Wes may get injured or there may simply be occasions where we want to go to a straight 4-4-2.

Grabban is currently the man in possession of the shirt and rightly will not be dropped but in my opinion presented with the same chances over the last 3 games Hooper may well have bettered his return. I certainly think he would have done better with the one on ones. we would be mad to let him go and if Reading truly are interested I hope their interest is given the blunt response it deserves.