Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Hooper

for me after ruddy, hooper should be the first name on the teamsheet. 8 goals in a higher lge for a team not creating chances is a good return. we are now in a lower lge creating chances, a proven 20 a goal season striker.

[quote user="skeps"]for me after ruddy, hooper should be the first name on the teamsheet. 8 goals in a higher lge for a team not creating chances is a good return. we are now in a lower lge creating chances, a proven 20 a goal season striker.[/quote]

2 of them were cup goals AND WEREN''T IN THE PL. 3 of the others WERE PKS OR DEFLECTIONS FROM 4O YARDS, and then 3 from run of play WHERE ONE OF THEM WAS GOALIE ERROR CLEARING HIMSELF AND HOOPERS MARK OUT OF THE PLAY. Can you people actually be this stupid?

in 32 games and 24 of them being starts. Yes, 3 goals from run of play was just exceptional. My god.

it depends if you''re stupid enough to think he won''t be good enough in this league. Obviously jaemae aside, everyone seems to think, looking at his record, that he''ll continue to be great in this league.

"Doesn''t look like anyone else wants him"

I suppose this is the plus side to coco making a decent squad look like a third rate under 5''s team for two seasons. Its a miracle anyone''s been after our players. They must of been purchased on their previous reputation. What COULD winky, fer and snodbertinio have been sold for if they had been played correctly for 1-2 seasons?? The true cost of keeping a "nice" clown and "trollwood" for way to long. At least Adams has the squad looking like they''ve played together before and SCORING!! Otbc

Also fwiw I say keep Hooper as sub at the very least, if we sell him we''ll probably be held to ransom for his replacement this late on in the window and when its plastered everywhere "Norwich sell Hooper for non disclosed fee roumoured to be 4 million".Then We''ll be paying that for the likes of Akinfenwa

If they all stayed now then:-

Grabben, Hooper, Jerome, Laffety & Becchio

with:

Hoolahan, Redmond & Murphy supplying would absolutely frighten any opposition at this level.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]crystal palace and reading apparently interested for £6-7m[/quote]

Really, acording to who?

BigFish wrote the following post at 22/08/2014 1:58 PM:

Really, acording to who?

------------------------

there''s a bloke on twitter who seems to know a lot about the club e.g said we were looking to get Jerome at at the very beginning of the month, as well as basically seeming to know everything else at least a week before it actually happens. He must work within the club or something, they can''t all be lucky guesses

Sorry, if anyone seriously thinks we would sell to either palace, favourites for relegation, or reading, way below us now, then they live in delusionville.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Once fit Hooper is our best striker. Simple as that. If we sell him we really have zero ambition. Grabban is good but now way as good as a fit Hooper.[/quote]

Hooper isn''t that good. He''s alright but your post reads like someone who is overrating him quite a bit.

My guess is that by the end of the season if you took a fresh look at it you wouldn''t be able to spot much difference in terms of ability between Grabban and Hooper - you may even find the former is a little better.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Once fit Hooper is our best striker. Simple as that. If we sell him we really have zero ambition. Grabban is good but now way as good as a fit Hooper.[/quote]

Hooper isn''t that good. He''s alright but your post reads like someone who is overrating him quite a bit. My guess is that by the end of the season if you took a fresh look at it you wouldn''t be able to spot much difference in terms of ability between Grabban and Hooper - you may even find the former is a little better. [/quote]

I think the majority on this board, in CR and in the game would agree with GJP. At the root of this is the long drawn out recruitment that built Hooper''s reputation up but quite frankly he never lived up to. Grabben scored 20+ goals last year and if he repeats it this year in a better team there is no evidence that Hooper would provide anything more - in fact more likely less because of his more limited all round game. Don''t think he will be first choice this year or will be sold but useful for cover/squad.

Finally people are making sense! I am not going to slate a city player, but some supporters opinions of Hooper is crazy! Yeah he has scored goals in this league once before, but that does not mean he will do it again. You only have to look at Torres! banging them in for fun at Liverpool, then once at Chelsea he cant even buy a goal.

Personaly I was gutted when we let the wolf as I would of liked to of seen what he could of done in this league. But the lads we have bought in and the way they are performing at the moment I think even a fully fit Hooper would struggle to get in the team.

I think people are underrating hooper, especially in this league. Celtic fans regard him as the second best striker they''ve ever had, next to H. Larsson, the third best being way behind them. Although its the SPL, the fact that he did so well compared to everyone else (and compared to other celtic strikers) and that everyone in scotland realised he was a cut above everyone else surely means he''s got the potential to go to the next level. He''s proved he''s one of the greatest strikers ever in the SPL, he''s proved that he can blitz the championship, he wants prove now he can do it in the prem, especially after playing in a relegated hughton team. If we keep hold of him, I think we''ll get promoted. The only real goalscorer we have is grabban, if he gets injured or hits a brick wall, then who have we got thats a natural goalscorer if its not Hooper? Lafferty -no, Jerome -no. He''ll be great this season, but from what i''ve heard, it doesn''t look like he''ll be here which is very unfortunate.

Do you have a source for that Mrs Miggins? If you are right I''d say Celtic fans are crazy!! Hooper better than McClair, Dalglish, Sutton, John Deans, Willie Wallace, Jorge Cadete, Paolo Di Canio?!?!? I''d be very surprised.

Hooper is a good option for us. I''d like him to stay, but I wouldn''t drop anyone for him right now.

Hooper is a finisher and we lack that in our strikers , Grabban very nearly messed up a pen and a tap in Tuesday he simply is not in the same class as Hooper . As for Lafferty and Jerome i would expect you will be able to count the number of goals between them on your fingers , they simply dont score very often .Keeping Hooper is vital to any promotion push but i fully expect him to be off before the window closes and very much doubt hes even injured at the moment .

Yeah its on celtic chat forum.

When we were about to sign him in january I looked at the reaction from them, they said at the time that he was the second best striker they''ve ever had and should go for about £15m and no less. When he stayed at Celtic until the end of the season and rumours started going round again, even though the celtic fans said they knew hooper wanted to leave in those last few months they still said he was the second best striker they''ve had behind larsson.

Although I know its a football forum and individuals have strange ideas sometimes, the reason why I mention this is because it seems like a unanimous decision of vote if you will, they love him over there for all his goals. I''m sure in terms of attitude perhaps (like I was saying that he didn''t look like himself since january of that year), but in terms of ability, they all seemed to say that he was the second best striker they''ve ever had. However, this was about a player who was perhaps going to leave, emotions are high, especially for a team who know they can''t replace with better quality. But just passing on what i read from their forum at the time, everyone wanted him to stay unless they got $hitloads for him.

Have supported the moves in and out so far, have to say that I would be gutted if Hooper went, IMO he has the greatest potential of all our strike force to score a load of goals this season and also to carry it forward into the prem should we go up. We need to keep some players who are Prem quality to take is forward next season. I don''t want us to be in the position of having to bring in a shed load of new players if we do go up, we need to have a spine of Prem quality in this seasons team.

Grabban, Lafferty, Hooper & Jerome all bring something different to the table. It''s as simple as that. Grabban is a very pacey striker, Hooper is that natural goal poacher.Lafferty & Jermone both bring height and physical strength to our attack. Adams is creating versatility, which will be invaluable over this season.Let''s hope Grabban continues banging in the goals as she''s started, and if Hooper is fully fit, we hope he''ll rediscover his goalscoring boots.And I almost forgot to mention that other 20+ striker we have at this level. If only he''d get a fresh start here!!!!!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think people are underrating hooper, especially in this league. Celtic fans regard him as the second best striker they''ve ever had, next to H. Larsson, the third best being way behind them. Although its the SPL, the fact that he did so well compared to everyone else (and compared to other celtic strikers) and that everyone in scotland realised he was a cut above everyone else surely means he''s got the potential to go to the next level. He''s proved he''s one of the greatest strikers ever in the SPL, he''s proved that he can blitz the championship, he wants prove now he can do it in the prem, especially after playing in a relegated hughton team. If we keep hold of him, I think we''ll get promoted. The only real goalscorer we have is grabban, if he gets injured or hits a brick wall, then who have we got thats a natural goalscorer if its not Hooper? Lafferty -no, Jerome -no. He''ll be great this season, but from what i''ve heard, it doesn''t look like he''ll be here which is very unfortunate.[/quote]

uhhmmmm are Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller SPL legends too? Because each of them did better than Hooper on worse teams. Seriously, my god the stupidity.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Yeah its on celtic chat forum.

When we were about to sign him in january I looked at the reaction from them, they said at the time that he was the second best striker they''ve ever had and should go for about £15m and no less. When he stayed at Celtic until the end of the season and rumours started going round again, even though the celtic fans said they knew hooper wanted to leave in those last few months they still said he was the second best striker they''ve had behind larsson.

Although I know its a football forum and individuals have strange ideas sometimes, the reason why I mention this is because it seems like a unanimous decision of vote if you will, they love him over there for all his goals. I''m sure in terms of attitude perhaps (like I was saying that he didn''t look like himself since january of that year), but in terms of ability, they all seemed to say that he was the second best striker they''ve ever had. However, this was about a player who was perhaps going to leave, emotions are high, especially for a team who know they can''t replace with better quality. But just passing on what i read from their forum at the time, everyone wanted him to stay unless they got $hitloads for him.[/quote]

You are really quite special... because morons think he should have been sold for 15 million he''s great... You get that idiots on THIS BOARD, think NATHAN REDMOND should be sold for 15 mill right??? Truly he''s one of the greatest wide players Norwich have ever had.

In response to jaemae who has a personal vendetta against hooper for some reason.

Can you not be so aggressive, theres no need. Like i said in my post, the people (everyone) who said this are from a message and therefore a lot of emotions are high and some don''t say what they really mean.

My post was about hooper''s achievements and how he has conquered the championship and the SPL. Now of course its not hard to conquer the SPL, but it was the way in which Hooper did it that was impressive and led the celtic supporters to think that he was so good, because he is. Yet my point was also that he needs to prove that he''s good enough for the prem because he had no hope last season.

Now the argument that you put forward about if Hooper''s a legend in the SPL then so should kenny miller and kris Boyd is actually not a bad one, their record from season to season in the SPL is only a little bit worse than Hooper''s, yet I think the reason why celtic fans rate him so highly is probably a bit like the way norwich fans (this may come as a shock to you) think of grant holt. Grant holt didn''t score an insane amount of goals in the championship (21 goals), yet he scored important goals and played well to get his legendary status here. Take Grabban for example, now he scored more than Holt did in his championship season (grabban scoring 1 or 2 more goals), yet Bournemouth fans were happy to receive £3m for him as they saw that he''s (in their words) "not a natural finisher and needs a lot of chances before he scores" whereas as we all loved (notice i say ''loved'') grant holt because of the way he played. Its the same for Hooper, yet he also happens to have a higher scoring ratio in the SPL than your suggestions, also the obvious difference incidentally that your suggestions were also poor in the championship whereas Hooper was excellent...which i''m sure was your point (except the Hooper bit of course because you hate him for some reason)