Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Hooper

Whats people''s thoughts on him going or staying?

hope he stays as will then have four very good and different strikers at this level.

Not all that fussed if he goes (for the right money) as long as he''s replaced, unless Adams is happy with Grabban, Lafferty, Jerome and Loza.

He''d score goals at this level I''m sure, but I''m not sure if he''d fit into Adams system, he looked at his best last year when playing off Elmander. Not convinced he really wants to be here either.

After watching last night I don''t see where he fits in now. Wouldn''t mind keeping him but wouldn''t care too much if he went, especially for a few million.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Not all that fussed if he goes (for the right money) as long as he''s replaced, unless Adams is happy with Grabban, Lafferty, Jerome and Loza.

He''d score goals at this level I''m sure, but I''m not sure if he''d fit into Adams system, he looked at his best last year when playing off Elmander. Not convinced he really wants to be here either.[/quote]

I wondered where he''d have fitted in a week ago....but having now seen that Lafferty is/can being played out wide, there would still be a place for Hooper down the middle.

I think we need Hooper to get us over the line. Some players we can cope with getting rid of and still have a great chance of promotion. To me, it makes no sense to sell Hooper, even if he may want to go- if the case may be. If we get rid, promotion will be very hard I feel.

he has to stay the best striker in the division, apart from grabban I can''t see any of the others hitting double figures.

Haven''t seen any interest in him. I''d like him to stay and add competition. I guess its up to him because if his hearts not in it... Bye.

Fitness and commitment in question. His market value may not be as high as he thinks it is.

Too good a player to sell cheaply, not desired enough to get high value, not indispensable on grass. Not even a certain starter.

Something of a paradox.

Having watched last night I just feel hooper would have a field day in this league. Hes a box player and we created so much last night to suggest there would be plenty of chances for him to convert.

Him and grab can fight it out for the striker role whilst I it looks like jerome and lafety will play a wider role.

IMO, Hooper will play well with Lafferty and Grabban, with Wes pulling the strings. He had a similar relationship with Anthony Stokes at Celtic and I can see it working well here. Cameron Jerome can also provide options for him. I hope he stays.

Hooper is the best striker at the club now RVW has gone. We have also lost our best winger and best centre mid (when he could be bothered). Losing Hooper would complete the set. I hope and pray the signing of Jerome isn''t a sign that Hooper is on his way but i fear this is the case. Obviously they are different types of forward but there''s no getting away from the fact that at this level Hooper is a class act. Every time i''ve seen Jerome on the other hand he''s looked an absolute donkey of a player.

I like Neil''s flexible and interchangeable front four.

Even fit and committed I am unconvinced that Hooper would be a guaranteed starter in that format.

If - and despite him being seen as a greater and greater saviour the less he plays - a profitable offer came in I would willingly take it.

We need - now - to be better than the championship. Not better than we were.

David McNally said in The Nelson Saturday evening that " the manager wants four strikers Lafferty,Grabban,Hooper and one other" so as Jerome has just signed I think everybody can work it out that Hooper should be staying.

I would be disappointed if Jerome is a Hooper replacement. Things are looking good atm but can swiftly change and we will need more and different options upfront as the season progresses and opposition gets to know us better. I take comfort from Tilly''s comment.

He needs to stay, to get promoted from this league you need a strong squad and this gives us 4 really good level strikers, I think its the strongest forward line in the league. Its no good having 2/3 top strikers, if 1 or 2 get injured, then any momentum that has been built is lost and hopes of promotion with it.

We saw him at his best last season when he converted defence-splitting passes from Fer. I doubt if he would receive any such this season, so perhaps some of his potency has gone.

I have mixed feelings about him. Celtic knew how to use him very successfully. Hughton hasn''t a clue, and the Adams attack method may make it difficult to use him.

Whatever happens, if he goes this week or next I suspect it will be for less than we paid.

Saw a couple of those passes for grabban on Tuesday.

I think hooper still has a place here but like I said, it''s up to him. If he''s up for it he''s welcome if he''s not then seeya basically. I only want players here that want to be here I don''t care as much about ability.

I cannot agree with any of this negativity around the value of Hooper !

He is a proven high scorer at this level , and arguably above this level . He even managed to score in Hughtons team for goodness sake .

If he doesn''t exactly fit the way we played on Saturday and Tuesday ,, I am pretty sure that NA and the rest if the squad can adapt enough to make use of his talents !

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I cannot agree with any of this negativity around the value of Hooper !

He is a proven high scorer at this level , and arguably above this level . He even managed to score in Hughtons team for goodness sake .

If he doesn''t exactly fit the way we played on Saturday and Tuesday ,, I am pretty sure that NA and the rest if the squad can adapt enough to make use of his talents ![/quote]

Sorry?

Back to back wins, six goals and you think it is a good idea to adapt the team to fit in Hooper?

No reason to get rid, no real sniff of anyone wanting him but I don''t think he will be first choice.

Adams has made it clear that he wants to use a variety of formations any of depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition. Hooper could play up front in a 4-2-3-1 with Grabban, Lafferty, Redmond or Jerome flanking Wes in the hole. Similarly he could play in the centre of a 4-3-3.

It''s quite simple. Our squad is better with Hooper in it than it would be without him.

If he wants to go, he needs to go. Same goes with anyone else.

BigFish wrote the following post at 21/08/2014 10:10 AM:

Back to back wins, six goals and you think it is a good idea to adapt the team to fit in Hooper?

---------------------------------------

Are you being sarcastic or serious?

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]I took it that Big Fish Was being serious .

But hey ![/quote]

Yep, I was serious - Hooper doesn''t have enough to make it worth breaking up a winning team. Not to say he might not be useful later in the season. Doesn''t look like anyone else wants him so if he can get himself fit he might get a chance.