Sign in to follow this  
STAN

FIFA 15, the worst part about relegation..

I apologise if you couldn''t give a damn, but EA sports have just announced this years game is set to introduce all 20 Premier League stadiums.

Carrow "theatre of dreams" Road with the glorious Holiday Inn watching over.. what a setting that could''ve been.

I feel like crying. The worst part of relegation thus far.

FIFA is literally football cancer

The organisation and the game.

[quote user="STAN"]I apologise if you couldn''t give a damn, but EA sports have just announced this years game is set to introduce all 20 Premier League stadiums.

Carrow "theatre of dreams" Road with the glorious Holiday Inn watching over.. what a setting that could''ve been.

I feel like crying. The worst part of relegation thus far.[/quote]Haha completely agree!

Keeping to the gaming theme, for me Football Manager 2015 will be a bit of a heartbreak although still a quality game. City''s players will of course have reduced ratings, and in the first season, you won''t get to put your wits against the best. Championship will still be a good challenge on there though, so fingers crossed they still make Norwich a strong team.

My son mentioned this exact thing to me 5 minutes ago. I come on here, and there''s a thread about it. So sad we miss out on this for at least one season. Hopefully, at most one season.

If ever there''s an illustration of the terrible hardships some people have to go through in their lives then this is it.

Jesus wept.

[quote user="I.S."]If ever there''s an illustration of the terrible hardships some people have to go through in their lives then this is it.

Jesus wept.[/quote]Oh get off your pedestal.

Okay, I''ll climb down from my virtual pedestal. Perhaps you lads should get off your sofas and take a trip down to Carrow Road to see the stadium?

Anyone who think the "worst part about relegation" is the fact there won''t be a virtual representation of Carrow Road on a game that still is based on presentation over gameplay needs to get out more?

I.S.

Do you think i''m literally crying.. the whole post was meant to be slightly humorous!

Despite that I am gutted Carrow Road won''t feature on FIFA 15. If you were fan of the game you''d understand.

It also makes me laugh when people come out with the classic "you need to get out more" because you play fifa. If anything I need to get out less, but when I am sitting at home with nothing to do i''d rather be playing fifa than watching emmerdale.

Do you watch TV? If so.. does that mean you need to get out more?

I don''t have a TV, or a console.

In fact, I like nothing more than to spend my evenings reading my old NCFC programmes whilst waiting for the glue to dry on my 1:50 scale replica model of Carrow Road, which I am constructing using nothing more than lolly sticks and glitter glue. I feel this adds a sparkle to the Barclay like nothing else I''ve seen, other than a 5-1 defeat of Ipswich.

I cannot believe dat tha season we git relegated they include all Premier League Stadiums, maybe they started earlier n'' Carrow Road will still be up in tha game?

They have had the disc capacity for YEARS to be able to render stadiums in the game. Probably ever since the 360 and PS3 generation started. So for them to put the stadiums in after we''ve had 3 years in the Prem takes the p!ss a bit!

I even remember an EA game on the PC over 10 years ago, from the old manager series, "FA Premier League Manager 2002", which had a decent, if low quality, representation of real stadiums in every division.

I''ve got a feeling it was to do with certain licences rather than disc capacity.

We''ve already got 7 PL stadiums but with the millions EA sports make off Ultimate Team they''ve obviously decided to splash the cash!

I doubt it''s to do with licenses, as EA own practically everything there is in terms of rights for the games these days (look at how many football games we have, FIFA or PES, and PES is probably still only allowed 2 licensed Prem teams a year!)

It probably also isn''t down to disc capacity, it''s down to EA doing the bare minimum in FIFA due to the fact they know that if they repackaged FIFA 09 five years running, just with updated rosters, it would still sell by the bucketload.

Also their''s quite a few thing EA sports don''t own the right too..

The Champions League being one, hence why we still get the "champions cup" and "euro league" with no official symbols etc..

Although Uefa''s current deal with Konami is set to expire this year so we might see the official Champions League on fifa this year or next!

Yeah its basically licensing (perhaps they''ve decided to reward their consumers with an acceptable amount of content now by either deciding not to be lazy or that they are gonna spend some of the vast sums of money that they make) which is why they''ve now got real referees in the game and so many ''player faces'' this year as well. I''m not a regular fifa buyer, but I am quite tempted to buy either this years or nexts, especially if we go up, would make career mode feel like a virtual career again which it''s been lacking from the fairly recent games that i''ve played.

Sad about the FIFA stadiums thing, but I think we''ve got a very good looking team for FIFA now. Jerome is a god on that game and we still have Bassong (sort of) who is a beast on FIFA. Redmond may be slightly better as well. Ruddy could even be 80 rated if we''re lucky. He''ll easily be the best rated player in the Championship. I noticed RVW has had a -4 change from 76-72, to be honest, he deserves more! VOO should make up somewhat for Fer leaving.

As for Football Manager, i''m looking forward to the challenge a bit more than this years version. I can use some of the youth players more effectively, hopefully they have paid attention to how promising some of them really are. Josh Murphy should be England international potential. I guess they''ve learnt from making Ryan Bennett future England captain as he is in more than one of my saves! It''s a shame we lost Fer though, there''s a £30m potential player gone.

I played a pirate (not literally) version of Football Manager and it broke down every 20 mins before making me play as Arsenal. Is it any good?

Maybe next year eh... but if there is a carrow road next game I''m definitely buying!

The real kicker will be if we do get promoted and then they decide not to put all 20 in the next game!

Miggins, over the years Football Manager has become very complicated, to the purists like me, this is a good thing as it tries it''s best to mimic real life. If it was too simple, you''d spot inconsistencies easier (like players over/ underdeveloping, tactics always working etc).

Therefore to a casual gamer, i''d say they might be put off. They are after an hour of game play, sign a few good players, see a few results and carry on with life. You simply can''t get the fully immersed experience this way but there is a "classic mode" feature whereby the game is much simpler.

If you''re prepared to spend a few hours understanding each aspect of the game (you can get the assistant to do some of the more boring things) then it''s well worth getting.

People ask how you could spend hours on the game as it''s essentially just a fancy database, I agree. The key I find is to have it accompany another activity like have it on while the other half watches X-Factor or something or while you watch a match you''re only half interested in (England for example). When the game loads you have something to occupy your mind.

If you were to sit there with just the game, the loading times may annoy you but it''s all part of it. Now I have a proper job (yes i''m sat here typing away at work instead of working) and a GF the time is less available but I still play it, i''ll go months without going on it then something (a transfer, a run of form in real life, discovering a new youngster or a cool lower league team) will click my interest back in the game. Usually a good thing to have when I go away with work a couple of nights a month.

I have had 3 main files this year, one the obvious Norwich file, one with Gillingham when the thought of Akinfenwa and Cody Mac got me interested and one with Harrogate Town, my local team. Done well with all of them and usually get bored around the time i''ve won the prem and am challenging for the Champions League. You find it''s hard to achieve much more after that especially at the lower clubs with small stadiums. Anything left to do to get total world domination takes too many seasons of repeating the same old stuff and i''m just not keen enough (same as people who redo Call of Duty on every difficulty or read the same book multiple times, it''s just not my thing to do). This is when i''ll stop being interested for a few weeks.

The only annoying thing about it getting more complex is the chaos theory aspect of it all. There are so many variables, it can be hard to know sometimes why your team are playing good or bad. Correlation is not always causation and all that. It''s actually quite similar to running a process plant really! If only I could apply myself to doing that I could make some decent money!

cheers Jim. I like the sound of the fact that its more complex than fifa for example. You get to manage most aspects of running a club and players whereas fifa its nowhere near as detailed. Its would be perfect if Football Manager had the graphics of fifa but kept the details. Will definitely be getting both I feel as I haven''t dived into a football game for the last few seasons. Something to do while she''s watching £ factor, Strictly Come Prancing, Dancing on Fire, Big IpswichStepBrotherThatsWatchingYou etc, The Voice and the new one: Tumble, where z list celebrities do gymnastics...I need to save myself from all that $hit. How is Andy Murray''s mum a celebrity?...god I feel like an old moany ****.

Haha, it definitely keeps the peace although Football manager has been cited in divorce cases before! My sister and others are always piping up to the missus saying "how do you stand him always on that stupid game?" there''s your answer right there, go on it when there''s nothing better to do! I played it waay too much at Uni back in the day! I''ve calmed down my addiction since then.

It''d be great if FIFA and Football Manager could have some sort of partnership, even just to show of your Football Manager teams to your mates with a few versus matches. It''d defeat the object of FM if you could just play the games though.