Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

How many games do we give Adams

In answer to the op''s question. I say give him another 4 games and regardless of the results and league position sack him and bring back Roeder, as this message board is in danger of having far too many happy posts on here. [:P]

Adams is winning people over and fair play.. we always have to err on the side of caution and lets see where we sit in november for a better barometer of how the season will go as a whole.

In 12 pages from shame and anger through to smugness and delight via 13th century philosophy and a lecture on due dilligence from the Uk''s top employment lawyer.

It''s comical but also a little concerning as I suspect some people actually take a football message board seriously.

You are right T, some people build their whole existence around it, and in some cases, think that it gives them some sort of meaning (which is ok) and power (totally misguided imo)

Whatever ex-agent Royle said to Neil during the 30 seconds he was advising him has clearly done the trick.

We were sensible not to keep him on the books following delivery of the necessary advice.

It''s all slotting into place now...

It appears we have lost a number of regular posters on here all of a sudden, demonstrating they are only interested in being negative. It would make their comments a bit more meaningful if they could also add the occasional positive comment. A couple of poor results and they''ll all be back and confirm they are only interested in rubbishing our Club. 

Have to say I was totally underwhelmed when he was given the job, in fact I was blumin angry as I think the board lied to us.  Saying there was no credible alternative to hoots in January, but then giving NA the job in the summer is a real mixed message.

Anyway, I didnt (and still dont even after an excellent start) have mega high hopes for this season.  I would expect the players to be good enough to get a top 10 finish even if I were managing them, but whether NA has whats needed to get one of the three promotion places only time will tell.

He is however quickly winning me over with how he is setting the team up and using what he has at his disposal and I can see if he was given 6 or 7 more winnable games in the prem he may well have kept us up playing like this. Thats not his fault but the boards of course. Weve started the season better than I expected, lets face it weve had 4 tough league games on paper.

I like him as a player, pundit and a man so really hopes he turns out to be a good un''. I think we will start to get a better feeling after another 6 weeks or so.

Barbe bleu: "In 12 pages from shame and anger through to smugness and delight via 13th century philosophy and a lecture on due dilligence from the Uk''s top employment lawyer."

One of the funniest posts I''ve read on here in a long time!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Now before we send the rest of the message

board to sleep, I''m going out for a good steak and with any luck, to get my leg

over. Goodnight.[/quote]

While our beloved Canaries are playing? Get your priorities right

Kingston buddy[;)]

[/quote]

Fear not Nutty. I had my iPhone to hand. Unfortunately, I was accused on paying my phone more attention than my dinner date and the evening was short lived. Still, great result!

I say - If he doesn''t win the next game making it 5 on the bounce - We get rid! and get that ginger guy from Scotland!

[quote user="Barbe bleu"]In 12 pages from shame and anger through to smugness and delight via 13th century philosophy and a lecture on due dilligence from the Uk''s top employment lawyer.[/quote]

Thats why this thread runs and runs.....

.......but sorry where was the 13th century philosophy - I must have missed that

KY - as I said I wasn''t disagreeing with you, quite the contrary and just because I happened to be posting at the same time as you as I was in transit does not mean my posts were directed at you because they weren''t. They were directed at the trolls and those criticising the club based on speculation.

Personally don''t understand why people troll - it''s been suggested they have some kind of social psychological disorder. Really don''t know. Just curious why people do it.

Sounds plausible, T.  Something to do with normal social etiquette not being enforced (whether by others or self enforced) due to the anonymity and remoteness.

As a result, a subset of people take advantage and allow free reign to the least constructive and most selfish / bitter sides. (Similarly as happens in a crowd/mob situation although that gets more physically as well as verbally violent) Hence also why others like ''pete'' & ''Spartacus'' et al also feel at liberty to promote or defend racist views, which they would find more difficult in a normal social situation in the modern day.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]
[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Now before we send the rest of the message

board to sleep, I''m going out for a good steak and with any luck, to get my leg

over. Goodnight.[/quote]

While our beloved Canaries are playing? Get your priorities right

Kingston buddy[;)]

[/quote]

Fear not Nutty. I had my iPhone to hand. Unfortunately, I was accused on paying my phone more attention than my dinner date and the evening was short lived. Still, great result![/quote]

That''s what I like to hear. We''re always on the look out for dedicated supporters on Rays Funds. You''d be welcome.

To the people who jumped on the Adams out bandwagon...

I''m not gloating that you were wrong, or saying I''m right, because frankly neither of us can be correct on that assumption.

What I would ask of you is to try and remain detached and impartial before you make a judgement on something. Instead of the frantic rush to always be the first person to predict disaster perhaps you could be the person that remains objective, gathers sufficient data and then makes a judgement call.

Because if not, you just end up looking like a d1ck.

[quote user="Buh"]To the people who jumped on the Adams out bandwagon...

I''m not gloating that you were wrong, or saying I''m right, because frankly neither of us can be correct on that assumption.

What I would ask of you is to try and remain detached and impartial before you make a judgement on something. Instead of the frantic rush to always be the first person to predict disaster perhaps you could be the person that remains objective, gathers sufficient data and then makes a judgement call.

Because if not, you just end up looking like a d1ck.[/quote]

BUT YOU ARE GLOATING LOL by calling people d1cks

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Buh"]To the people who jumped on the Adams out bandwagon...

BUT YOU ARE GLOATING LOL by calling people d1cks[/quote]

But isn''t lovely to be in the situation where it is possible to gloat in this case.......

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Buh"]To the people who jumped on the Adams out bandwagon...

But isn''t lovely to be in the situation where it is possible to gloat in this case.......[/quote]

Not saying it isn''t but pointing out "I''m not gloating" but really is lol

I personally never slatted Adams but simply was worried after the wolves game as it was much the same as last years crap.

Soooo glad we have kicked on and are a string position after 4 games. Still a long season ahead.

Nothing would please me more than promotion this year how ever that happens automatically or playoffs

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Buh"]To the people who jumped on the Adams out bandwagon...

But isn''t lovely to be in the situation where it is possible to gloat in this case.......[/quote]

Not saying it isn''t but pointing out "I''m not gloating" but really is lol

I personally never slatted Adams but simply was worried after the wolves game as it was much the same as last years crap.

Soooo glad we have kicked on and are a string position after 4 games. Still a long season ahead.

Nothing would please me more than promotion this year how ever that happens automatically or playoffs[/quote]

Fair play to you CTID.........and yes there are some laughs to had on this thread

[quote user="Herman "]Have you sussed out the 13th century philosophy?[/quote]

No........I obviously need help on that one!

Anyone?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Herman "]Have you sussed out the 13th century philosophy?[/quote]

No........I obviously need help on that one!

Anyone?[/quote]William of Ockham, or Occam, got name-checked.

I thought the link back to the 13th century philosopher might have been the " By their words shall we know them" quoteOddly on the second page of Googles results (pretty high) it linked the saying back to a Pink Un thread from 2004 from thread started by a poster called BlyBlyBabesConnection?