Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

How many games do we give Adams

[quote user="Felixfan"]Selling Pilks. If true is a major mistake and puts a major question mark over Adams man management skills. A quality player to a rival for peanuts is not good business. On that basis I would put N.A. on a short lease.[/quote]

Adams will get as many games as Delia wants to give him despite what supporters think. Cast your mind back to Worthington and the shambles then fast forward to Hughton and if action had been taken earlier I believe we would still be in the Premier league.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]This thread is interesting, as it does rather see that most people have already made their minds up and the answer to the subject is: one game.[/quote]

The answer is no games. Not your one or the six later suggested. The question was asked on Monday with the OP suggesting three. I bet he didn''t think he was being generous...

JF wrote the following post at 11/08/2014 7:30 PM:

if we were to go and take 9 points from the next 3 matches there is going to be a lot of egg on faces on here, and probably several posters disappointed about it. To question how long we should give him after a 1-0 defeat away from home playing with 10 men is laughable. Newly relegated teams often take time to settle, losing has become the normal for them. Cardiff and Fulham hardly fared better.

Think I called that pretty well!

[quote user="JF"]JF wrote the following post at 11/08/2014 7:30 PM: if we were to go and take 9 points from the next 3 matches there is going to be a lot of egg on faces on here, and probably several posters disappointed about it. To question how long we should give him after a 1-0 defeat away from home playing with 10 men is laughable. Newly relegated teams often take time to settle, losing has become the normal for them. Cardiff and Fulham hardly fared better. Think I called that pretty well![/quote]

I think you did!!

by their words  ye shall know them

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Tough one. It really hurts supporting Norwich right now. Yesterday was same old, same old - only against poorer opposition.

Adams record is now Won 0, drew 1, lost 5.

4 more games and that''s 10 he''s been in charge. Let''s see his record then. I would say if he hasn''t won at least two of them he''s out.

I more concerned with the Board TBH. The lack of ambition to bounce back is disgusting.[/quote][quote user="wiz "]Lose to Ip5wich and that''s it.............ditto the damn cook![/quote]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i have no idea how much adams is on a year

but it must be quite low considering he has never be a manager at club

before , lets face it you would pay eddie howe double to get him here

right now[/quote]

[quote user="alartz"]Had 6 games too many

Lennon in[/quote]

[quote user="iron_stan"]i said we could be in the bottom 3 (prob bottom

5) after the first 5 games and i didnt see anything yesterday that makes

me believe otherwise [/quote][quote user="Highland Canary"]I think that''s overly generous Jenkins.

Adams has had the Summer to prepare yet we produce a team seemingly

unsure of its tactics. We had the chance to get out of this division at

the first attempt had we been willing to pay for experience. Already we

are beginning to hear the excuses that ''it''s tough in the Champs''. Of

course it is but with the right manager we could have escaped at the

first attempt. I just hope our remaining players don''t desert the ship

over the next three weeks. The writing is however on the walls.[/quote][quote user="PurpleCanary"]. I didn''t want Adams. I wanted

Mackay. .
[/quote][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]Anybody with an ounce of

experience is a better choice than Adams it was a terrible decision the

day it was announced and it looks even worse now .[/quote][quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"]So a manager with Champions league

experience needs to prove himself yet a man off the radio with only a

little experience with some kids is a fine appointment ........ end of the day we made the Delia cheap appointment and can now sit back and watch it backfire .[/quote][quote user="Mickdundee"]How can a MANAGER from league one or two be a

tremendous risk, But a radio presenter be a good choice?

He''d never managed before he took over last season, he was useless when

he did, and we gave him the job after scouring Europe supposedly.

I''m even starting to wonder if a Colchester style humping might be the

best thing for the club at the weekend, I''ve NEVER wanted us to lose a

match before, or even contemplated it.

That is how this sorry situation has me feeling.

As has been said elsewhere we needed a new manager with a fresh

perspective, but we''ve just got a continuation from the last five games

of last season.

I hope all the give him time brigade realise we''ve only scored in ONE

game under adams, that''s five games with no goals out of six. That''s

just ridiculous. Give me strength.[/quote]

and finally[quote user="Cheap Cheap Canaries"][quote user="City1st"][quote

user="Mickdundee"]How can a MANAGER from league one or two be a

tremendous risk, But a radio presenter be a good choice?

He''d never managed before he took over last season, he was useless when

he did, and we gave him the job after scouring Europe supposedly.

I''m even starting to wonder if a Colchester style humping might be the

best thing for the club at the weekend, I''ve NEVER wanted us to lose a

match before, or even contemplated it.

That is how this sorry situation has me feeling.

As has been said elsewhere we needed a new manager with a fresh

perspective, but we''ve just got a continuation from the last five games

of last season.

I hope all the give him time brigade realise we''ve only scored in ONE

game under adams, that''s five games with no goals out of six. That''s

just ridiculous. Give me strength.[/quote]more idiotic shytethe bloke has his coaching badgeshas worked extensively with the club and youthseven winning the youth cupby your cretinous bleat no one who appears in the media shoulld have any manageral job

back down the A140 with you, bin boy

[/quote]And

you think that qualifies him to manage a team expected to challenge for

promotion in the Championship ? Dear oh dear oh dear .[/quote]yes, oh dear bin boy

[quote user="City1st"]by their words  ye shall know them

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]. I didn''t want Adams. I wanted

Mackay. .
[/quote]

[/quote]Except those are not my words in their relevant entirety. That is, for the second time in a few days, a quote of mine you have deliberately truncated to give a misleading impression. What I actually said was:I didn''t want Adams. I wanted

Mackay. But when the latter played hard to get there wasn''t an obvious

other candidate. And there still isn''t.
And in wanting  Mackay I was only mirroring the views of the directors of Norwich City who, by all reputable accounts, not only interviewed Mackay but made him their first choice, and only switched to Adams when Mackay seemed less keen on us than we were on him.Not only was I happy, as that quote clearly shows, with Adams under the circumstances that prevailed but I was also dismissive of other candidates mentioned, such as Lennon, whose credentials I doubted.

"by all reputable accounts"but no actual reports from the club, merely heresay from those in the media who you chose to believeneither is this about whether you were happy or not, or whether it was about the board allegedly wanting MacKay, it is about you not wanting Adams .. as you stated a few months back in this non truncated posthere it is in all it''s glory[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Adams - yes or no? No.

The obvious choice is Mackay, with Kerslake and McBride as his

assistants. There may be a better (available) candidate out there but if

there is he is not so obvious as to have been mentioned on this

message-board.
[/quote]no ifs or buts, but No

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]Adams has definitely won me over - I was a bit worried after the Wolves game, but the players are clearly playing for him now - and the passion from Adams is there to see. Good luck Neil.[/quote]too late you panicked and you are now  under arrest for treason  [:D]

We are asked to believe that the board did not do standard due diligence procedures and that they would not have investigated or been concerned by alleged overpayment. Fanciful stuff. No where has it been disclosed why someone did not get the job. It is not something that you disclose. So any defence regarding attacking the board appointing NA is based on pure speculation unless someone is claiming they were party to the process or did they own due diligence.

Ultimately the board was right and the critics wrong. Its lamentable that not one of the critics is man enough to admit they were wrong.

Before good posters like Purple are found hanging from trees, SS style, it needs to be pointed out that a lot of people were not happy with Adams''s appointment, and would have liked someone else from the start.And also it is only 4 games in to the season......

11/08/2014, 6:53 AM

city-till-i-die

How many games do we give Adams

God forbid but if it''s still not going well on the pitch how many games does Adams get ?

For me the next 3 are massive. If it''s not going well after those Mcnasty has to act

AND IM SOOOOO GLAD ITS TURNED ROUND VERY QUICKLY.

Still very early days but looking good.

Still think we need a couple of additions to the squad

We''ll I''m over the moon that we''re doing well but as has been said we are only four games in, and I''ll still say I don''t think that Neil Adams was ever the right choice for the job,

I''m glad he''s doing well, but I still stand by the opinion that there were better managers out there and not malky either.

My issues were with the outright bull being spouted from the club.and city first you''ve got to stop calling everybody who doesn''t agree with you a binner people have differing opinions you know, makes you sound a bit of an idiot.

Clearly at least to me there aren''t many on here who are just people with passionate views about the club. Who''d be bothered enough to go on a rivals site to post anything not many as you seem to imagine I''d guess..

To be fair things did not look good after the Wolves game and it was probably true that the three games following that were massively important for the future for new manager, particularly the two home games against Watford and Blackburn. I thought the Board would act if we hadn''t won by yesterday as the crowd would have turned.

Credit where it''s due as Adams has answered his critics with a perfect nine points but it''s fair to say that fans concerns were justified.

It''s still very early days yet but it''s nice to be able again to enjoy instead of endure a Norwich match.

I don''t think anyone has a problem with different views such as saying they would have gone with someone with more experience. Lots of people including the board and NA himself would have a question mark about his experience.

What is nonsense is the malicious speculation with no evidence used to attack the club and the level of ignorance and arrogance of the club''s attackers who think they no better that the club when they have less knowledge and experience than the club.

You know when you see a posters name that it will a malicious ignorant arrogant attack on the club. I like to think they are just trolling but am curious to know why they do it.

[quote user="Herman "]Before good posters like Purple are found hanging from trees, SS style, it needs to be pointed out that a lot of people were not happy with Adams''s appointment, and would have liked someone else from the start.And also it is only 4 games in to the season......[/quote]more idiotic drivelpurple has been challenged on his claim that he never said NO to Adams appointment, he did as the posts proved... posts that were put up in response to that denial, thats all "To be fair things did not look good after the Wolves game"to who ?the ragbag of anti club malcontents who were waiting like jackals to pounce was any of their crticism based on watching the pre season friendlies at Carrow Road or the fact that we were down to ten men at Wolves.... and where are those fans with their ''justified'' comments now ?

this has two strands - those who did not want Adams in the first place, thoughts which were mosty based on his supposed inexperience - and the second strand being those who used the Wolves game as a means to attack the clubfor the first, Adams seems to have proven them wrong, so far - just as those who howled to the moon about us being doomed to failure because the club was not signing PL experienced players when we came up in 2011 were proven wrongthe second is the anti club malcontents and closet binners whose attacks after the Wolves game were not reasoned comments and concerns, but no more than extremely nasty attacksif one good thing (bar the obvious) has come from the past three wins, is that the second group have now stopped fouling this forum and as to the first group we have some way to go yet, so we will have to see if their comments about Adams lack of experience will tell

T - at least twice over the last few days, you have criticised those who favoured Malky over Adams and who queried the Board''s judgement in not appointing Malky. I''m one of those posters and I''m happy to admit that the Board called it absolutely right.

I based my judgement that Malky was the right man based on his excellent managerial credentials.

Malky did a cracking job at Watford. In his first season of football management, he kept them in the Championship with no money when they were widely tipped for relegation. He got them playing attractive football and had them on the cusp of the play-offs for much of the following season.

He was snapped up by Cardiff and inherited something ridiculous like just 6 pro players on the books. So he had to build a complete squad in a single transfer window yet he somehow got them into the play offs and to the League Cup final. It was an incredible achievement.

The season after he got them promoted to the Premier League as Champions and was widely recognised as doing a very decent job in his first season when he got fired.

Based on his credentials, Malky was, in my opinion, the outstanding candidate. I was not privy to information that the board may or may not have had regarding allegations of inappropriate conduct.

I doubt we will ever know the truth of whether Malky turned the job down or whether the Board got cold feet. I understand the Board had offered (or were ready to offer) Malky the job but were unnerved when Malky suddenly withdrew his legal case against Cardiff and offered an unreserved apology to Tan. I believe that it was the timing of Malky''s apology that caused this nervousness, rather than any specific due diligence process. As an NCFC fan, I assumed Malky''s apology was to facilitate his appointment as manager.

Whatever the rationale, it seems the Board have called it absolutely right and I''m man enough to admit that. I''m delighted as I had started to lose confidence after their ineffective management last season.

So there you have it T. Now are you going to be man enough to admit (as McNally and Bowkett did) that you got it spectacularly wrong last season in your unwavering support of Hughton, the Board and all that ''outperforming the budget'' nonsense?

I should add, Adams was my second choice and I felt he should have been installed on a temporary basis after the shambles at Man City last season.

I''m delighted for Adams. Thought he talked a lot of sense during the run-in last season and am not surprised he''s doing well, though didn''t anticipate 9 points from 12!

I think there''s a difference between good posters who didn''t think Adams was a good choice or first choice and those who attack the club at every turn. Read this thread and it should be obvious who''s who.

How about reading Purple''s post properly before condemning him with the other bunch of doom mongers, you fundamentalist loon!

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Based on his credentials, Malky was, in my opinion, the outstanding candidate. I was not privy to information that the board may or may not have had regarding allegations of inappropriate conduct.

I doubt we will ever know the truth of whether Malky turned the job down or whether the Board got cold feet. I understand the Board had offered (or were ready to offer) Malky the job but were unnerved when Malky suddenly withdrew his legal case against Cardiff and offered an unreserved apology to Tan. I believe that it was the timing of Malky''s apology that caused this nervousness, rather than any specific due diligence process. As an NCFC fan, I assumed Malky''s apology was to facilitate his appointment as manager.

Whatever the rationale, it seems the Board have called it absolutely right and I''m man enough to admit that.[/quote]Kingston, I think you are being too hard on yourself. That Adams seems to be doing a reasonable job doesn''t mean Mackay would not have done. As far as whether Mackay''s apology bothered our board, the chronology of events would suggest not.Mackay''s apology came on May 10, which was before our season ended and although we may have been preparing the ground for interviews I doubt they had started in earnest. And Adams was not appointed until May 22, as per this text from Charlie Wyett, one of the two national reporters with good contacts at Carrow Road:A brave decision by Norwich to appoint Neil Adams. Malky Mackay was

first choice, was offered the job but could not come to an agreement.And Mick Dennis, who probably has even better contacts that Wyett, while not mentioning any offer, confirmed there had been serious talks between Mackay and the board. Those accounts, with talks with Mackay and even him being offered the job, don''t tie in at all with us being spooked by an apology on May 10.

[quote user="Herman "]How about reading Purple''s post properly before condemning him with the other bunch of doom mongers, you fundamentalist loon![/quote]you do need to stop making up stuffat no point have I condemned him, I merely quoted from this thread those who were against Adams, as in -"I have been consistent all along. I didn''t want Adams. I wanted Mackay,"  purple canaryand prefaced it with "by their words ye shall know them"that''s all

Purple - thanks. My acknowledgment that the Board have, on balance, made the right appointment is in the context of this week''s revelations about Malky''s alleged improprieties.

I remain of the view that Malky would have done an excellent job for us, however; it''s fortunate we''re not associated in anyway with the current investigations into Malky''s conduct.

As I stated above I''ve no problem with people stating their views just the malicious attacks based on speculation. As Delia pointed out who ever you appoint there are no guarantees.

I had doubts about Neil as he is unproven but then there was no stand out alternatives. MM had been backed by a lot of money and there was a question mark about overspending and his style of play after Hughton.

My support of CH was never unwaivering - just a consistent statement of an analysis of the facts based on professional experience which is just a statement that money not surprisingly is the biggest single but not only influence on results over the long term. Pulis and Bruce hardly have a reputation for gung ho football and clearly Pulis did not think he could repeat the act without more money. CH outperformed first season and par the second which was not good enough. Whether there was someone available who will have done better we will never know although statistics support the short term bounce effect but is no guarantee. We came within a game of surviving and CH and delivered results under pressure before.

I understand that people didn''t like the negative style of play but these days that would be based on a statistical analysis of the most successful method of play. The difference is may analysis was based on facts and professional experience rather than speculation and abuse. And I want every manager at the club to succeed rather than fail. I see no reason to apologise for stating facts.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Purple - thanks. My acknowledgment that the Board have, on balance, made the right appointment is in the context of this week''s revelations about Malky''s alleged improprieties.

I remain of the view that Malky would have done an excellent job for us, however; it''s fortunate we''re not associated in anyway with the current investigations into Malky''s conduct.[/quote]Yes, that would have been awkward for us! I don''t think you need to qualify "improprieties" with "alleged". He has owned up to two or three offensive texts. Tan''s complaint about Mackay''s spending at Cardiff, by contrast,  was well-known, of course, and unless Wyett and Dennis and others are lying for no reason I can think of, we went ahead and interviewed him for the job anyway. We don''t seem to have been put off by that aspect of his conduct at Cardiff. And in public at least there has been nothing new on that since last winter. The search of Moody''s home aimed at finding proof of his and Mackay''s supposed illegality is reported to have turned up a complete blank.The obvious explanation for Mackay not getting the job still seems the likeliest - that he fancied a job back in the Premier League.

Not obvious at all. We may have interviewed MM and we may have even made an offer but that offer would be subject to completion of satisfactory checks which is standard recruitment procedure. There were accusations against MM and Tan so not unreasonable to interview in the mean time and ascertain the facts.

Dennis reported that there were issues about whether MM wanted to work in the championship but also the style of play. There was also no guarantee that MM would get a premier job after being sacked. I could equally say that it is now obvious that the delayed appointment was because the club did the standard due diligence checks and discovered that after consulting that MM was not a suitable candidate. That would never get reported but is a more obvious explanation.