Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

How many games do we give Adams

We have a couple of home games before the scum game and I would hope that the crowd get something to lift them from those performances. If we have another two bad games and let ourselves down at Ipswich then it could all be over for Neil.

I want him to succeed and am confident he will, but we can not allow poor performances to continue like last season, I hope the board will act swiftly if that is the case.

Yesterday was not good but not as bad as many are trying to make out, we must get results or confidence will be shattered and we will have another season of nervy performances.

I agree Jenks, certainly to the extent that , as the season has started, we will not have to wait very long now to see if yesterday was a one-off bad day at the office, or whether it is a start of a slippery slope.I genuinely believ it could well go either way, but you are right that the next few games are vital . If the Molineux performance is going to be the norm, then something must be done, and fast. I''m just hoping that it will be the exception to the rule, though I have to say I''ve really got very brittle confidence in this setup.

He has until the end of October from me, if he was the "right man" for the job after the extensive European search we conducted etc etc etc then he will be able to turn this around after a couple of months.  Bottom eight at the end of October and he should be sacked.Mark Robins is available...

Some on here amaze me, even considering the four games last season, there is no way NA had anywhere enough time to be fully judged yet.

I am well documented as NOT wanting NA, but very happy to give him enough games, we need stability big time at the club....and regardless of what you think of him, he needs a decent amount of time.

Despite being out of sorts particularly in the first half hour, we actually lost narrowly yesterday, played with ten men for half an hour and I would argue didnt play our strongest side (for me, that would include Howson and probably Hooper), it wasnt as dire as some will make out as Jenkins points out, not great either, but not bad enough for the complete over the top criticism blasted out on this board.

So, how many games does he get? A difficult question, but I would say, no less than 10 but no more than 20......that would be fair and reasonable and give time to turn things around even for a run at a play-off place in this crazy league.....I hope he turns it round to be honest :-)

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

So, how many games does he get? A difficult question, but I would say, no less than 10 but no more than 20......that would be fair and reasonable and give time to turn things around even for a run at a play-off place in this crazy league.....I hope he turns it round to be honest :-)[/quote]With respect you are only looking at half the issue there Mark. I''d agree with your timeline, but what has to be the minimum acceptable standard (points, position, goals etc) ?  To me at least being at on the fringes of the play offs by December must be the bare minimum . Otherwise he has to go. I do fear however that if it seriously goes t!ts up it could well be a lot nearer the 10 games than the 20 you advocate.

Of course promotion would be automatic if we listened to half the people on here.

It''s easy. We have money. Get Malky in or Lennon. Go out and buy players and up you go.

What happens when that doesn''t work after 6 games and we have the temerity to only be in mid table and they are still picking Bradley Johnson?

Sack them. We have a little less money but never mind. Go out and get another manager that someone has read about on the internet and he will bring in more players who someone on this board says is brilliant.

Tell him he only has six games of course. He has to do what the "best supporters" sitting in "the best ground" demand and if he still picks Bradley Johnson then get rid of him.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Of course promotion would be automatic if we listened to half the people on here.

It''s easy. We have money. Get Malky in or Lennon. Go out and buy players and up you go.

What happens when that doesn''t work after 6 games and we have the temerity to only be in mid table and they are still picking Bradley Johnson?

Sack them. We have a little less money but never mind. Go out and get another manager that someone has read about on the internet and he will bring in more players who someone on this board says is brilliant.

Tell him he only has six games of course. He has to do what the "best supporters" sitting in "the best ground" demand and if he still picks Bradley Johnson then get rid of him.[/quote]Some people are complaining about the ''ridiculous over reaction'' of some comments.But what KG has said above is the most ridiculous over reaction yet to what are genuinely held worries and misgivings from a large number of fans both on and off this messageboard.

Agree Reggie. On the topic of wages, anyone care to hazard a guess of what McCarthy gets paid compared to Adams?

Could be proof of ''little ole norwich'' returns again!!

On a positive note, if the board man up and need to get rid it could be that it wouldn''t be that expensive comparatively speaking

Unfortunately, I suspect Adams will get more than 10 games by which time the possibility of promotion will have disappeared. This hpas always been my concern. We have a one season window where promotion is at its most likely. I can''t believe there is more than a handful of Norwich supporters who did not believe that experience - and an outside perspective to sort out the disquiet which seems evident in the squad - was the answer. The board should go and get Lennon before that opportunity is also wasted.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Agree Reggie. On the topic of wages, anyone care to hazard a guess of what McCarthy gets paid compared to Adams?

Could be proof of ''little ole norwich'' returns again!![/quote]"Incoming Blues boss Mick McCarthy is understood to be set to earn £1

million-a-year at Town, plus another £1 million bonus if he keeps the

Blues in the Championship this season. The Blues currently sit bottom of

the division, five points from safety having failed to win in their

last 12 matches"http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/21764/mccarthy-set-for-%C3%821m-bonus-if-town-stay-upI guess that makes them ''big ole Ipswich'' in your eyes Bury?

i said we could be in the bottom 3 (prob bottom 5) after the first 5 games and i didnt see anything yesterday that makes me believe otherwise

He''s now had 6 without a win, I think it''s now on a game by game basis, if on Saturday we were to go a couple of goals down in the 1st half and play like we did on Sunday, I think the crowd will turn on him.

He needed a good start as majority of the fans questioned his full time appointment, draws won''t buy him much time at home and defeats will only confirm some of the fans reservations about his appointment.

With people talking about his potential and experience in the game, as it stands to date, he has so far come up with nothing.

i meant to add - ''which will cause adams a whole load of 5h1t cause even the happy slappers wont have anything to defend at that point''

if we were to go and take 9 points from the next 3 matches there is going to be a lot of egg on faces on here, and probably several posters disappointed about it. To question how long we should give him after a 1-0 defeat away from home playing with 10 men is laughable. Newly relegated teams often take time to settle, losing has become the normal for them. Cardiff and Fulham hardly fared better.

I''d certainly not be disappointed if we got nine points from the next three games, far from it, but do I think that''s likely? Not a chance.

Yesterday was a truly awful performance, reminiscent of some of the very worst I''ve seen. Let''s not forget the plain and simple fact we got one shot on target, one, one solitary shot on target, that gives me little in the way of comfort.

Strangely I rather think we could have done with a home League Cup game this week against a League 2 team, hopefully get some goals and lift the spirits a bit. Yes there was pre-season but I''m never so sure those games could erase the horrors of last season.

As I said previously, I believe that two weeks today may prove to be a tipping point.

With another fourth two games to play and the crop of places available all that''s missing is, well, something that shouldn''t ever be questioned if you''re a ''real supporter'' it would seem.

Give over! Yes it was a bad 1st half but hardly one of the worst you have seen. It was no 5-1 at Fulham or 7-1 Colchester was it? We started the 2nd half well and looked to be in control when the sending off happens. Wolves then score before we can reorganise with their 1st shot on target. Some perspective is needed here. This won''t be the last defeat this season!

Indeed it won''t, that is of course all part of the joys of following this club of ours but that''s not the point. It was the manner of the defeat against a team of cloggers and Wolves are just that, huff puff and not a lot else.

Rest assured I''ve seen us take some merciless beatings over the last few seasons, that''s being in the Prem and yes I was at Craven Cottage on the fateful day but and it''s a big but, Fulham were a very good team back then.

My real beef with what I saw yesterday was the overall lack of commitment on display, for all the world it looked like eleven blokes going through the motions, no real leadership, no characters on the pitch just waiting for the inevitable and it duly arrived.

I remember a few years ago under Grant going off to Loftus Rd, not a thrashing but a truly wretched display against an equally awful team, lost 1-0 I think.

So that''s where I''ll place yesterday, awful and on a par with QPR under Grant, there are shades of football shittyness you see!

Well i remain confident that once Adams goes back to basics and stops overcomplicating things, and after yesterday i think he will, then we will see a different outcome. I believe we have the team to go toe to toe with any in this league and come out on top. Drop the formation and go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. I didnt want him as manager but talk of sacking him after one match is frankly ridiculous.

Granted, yesterday''s formation was at the very least baffling and that''s being polite.

I sure as hell couldn''t work it out and neither it would seem did the players and yes we most certainly have the players to be able to compete right at the sharp end of this seasons Chumpionship..

The thing about yesterday is it wasn''t what I was expecting at all, yes it quite often takes time, it did under Lambert after the Watford defeat, even under Worthington we threw away a lead at Bradford if I remember it right.

As I said, it wasn''t the fact they lost, it was the way they lost and it was so bad it has obviously troubled a great many of us.

Can we afford to wait and see if it might pan out well if they''ve not got at least six points from the next three games?

Unfortunately, a lot of fans seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking that we are going to walk this league without breaking much of a sweat.

I''d just like to take this time to remind people that when we got promoted from League One, I''m sure many teams saw us as an easy scalp that they should be comfortably beating.

Wolves away was possibly the worst opening fixture for us in terms of our fans'' expectation and their momentum. It was a depressingly predictable result, very similar to those of last season, but one of the worst halves ever seen? Get a grip.

I''m not sure what was particularly baffling about the formation either. Clearly, Adams wanted to try and use Whittaker and Olsson''s forward abilities to exploit wide areas, with Redmond and Hoolahan hopefully finding a bit of space centrally. A fairly typical diamond formation. Yes, it obviously didn''t work in the first half, and we clearly lacked some bite in the centre of the park, but I''m not sure what was so confusing about it?

Next match against Watford will be an acid test as t whether we will be up their or not. The boys have had their wake up call now, and there can be no more excuses.

Thats a good post IS. We did go out with a game plan, it wasnt well executed and we didnt look comfortable in the first half, but things did improve second half, for a while anyway.

It is going to be tough, perhaps expectations have taken a shot of realism, and both the fans and the team will recognise that we are going to have work very very hard to get out of this league.

Sunday may prove to be a blessing in disguise.

I think that''s overly generous Jenkins. Adams has had the Summer to prepare yet we produce a team seemingly unsure of its tactics. We had the chance to get out of this division at the first attempt had we been willing to pay for experience. Already we are beginning to hear the excuses that ''it''s tough in the Champs''. Of course it is but with the right manager we could have escaped at the first attempt. I just hope our remaining players don''t desert the ship over the next three weeks. The writing is however on the walls.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I think that''s overly generous Jenkins. Adams has had the Summer to prepare yet we produce a team seemingly unsure of its tactics. We had the chance to get out of this division at the first attempt had we been willing to pay for experience. Already we are beginning to hear the excuses that ''it''s tough in the Champs''. Of course it is but with the right manager we could have escaped at the first attempt. I just hope our remaining players don''t desert the ship over the next three weeks. The writing is however on the walls.[/quote]the season is only game so far and here you are bleating away in the past tense as if it is May 2015and if it has already failed then why does it matter who jumps ship, or not ? as to the writing, it is nothing more than your usual and constant attacks upon the club

I also think that''s harsh City 1st. Unfortunately, it was those of us who travel away that in my view identified Hughton''s failings at at earlier stage, and our concerns eventually became reality. Equally, I don''t see my view that Lennon would have taken us to automatic promotion, Malky top six and Adams bottom half to be in any sense an attack on the club but simply my disappointment on the reduced likelihood of success. I can''t believe that there are many who would suggest an internal appointment was what we needed after the failure and squad disharmony of last season.

I think what concerned me is adams said he will play Norwich way , got to score goals in this divison attacking football etc and we saw nothing he has had plenty of time to install those tactics on the players so why did we play like hughtons team ?? you can say that they mostly are the same players but the should be able to follow the managers change of tactics and adapt ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]Of course promotion would be automatic if we listened to half the people on here.

Tell him he only has six games of course. He has to do what the "best supporters" sitting in "the best ground" demand and if he still picks Bradley Johnson then get rid of him.[/quote]Some people are complaining about the ''ridiculous over reaction'' of some comments.But what KG has said above is the most ridiculous over reaction yet to what are genuinely held worries and misgivings from a large number of fans both on and off this messageboard.[/quote]

Not so.

I''ve read most of the comments on here and far too many are not "genuinely held worries" but the rants and ravings of the mob.

I also have worries. But missing out on going back up to the Prem is not the first and foremost.

I don''t know whether Adams is the right man or not,

But the decision makers seem to think so, for the moment.

And don''t think for one moment, they don''t care about the club as much as any supporter.

But many supporters of this club are joining the ever growing ranks of those demanding success, and in many cases, immediate success.

But constantly calling for heads, even those of the people who saved this club from plummeting to the depths is wrong in my opinion and hence the over the top cynical post.