Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

How many games do we give Adams

God forbid but if it''s still not going well on the pitch how many games does Adams get ?

For me the next 3 are massive. If it''s not going well after those Mcnasty has to act

Tough one. It really hurts supporting Norwich right now. Yesterday was same old, same old - only against poorer opposition.

Adams record is now Won 0, drew 1, lost 5.

4 more games and that''s 10 he''s been in charge. Let''s see his record then. I would say if he hasn''t won at least two of them he''s out.

I more concerned with the Board TBH. The lack of ambition to bounce back is disgusting.

[quote user="splutcho"]If after 8 games we haven''t won 4 of them, I''d say he''s got to go.[/quote]On yesterday''s evidence at least Splutch, that''s not going to happen.

10 maximum.Personally i would see how he goes over the next 4 games and if there is no significant improvement the Board need to admit they have dropped a clanger and make a change ASAP.

Oh I think he will be given time to prove himself, Splutch. With the possible exception of Gunn, this board has a track record of letting managers roll on , irrespective of their record.Not, in principle, something I''d disagree with, but on this occasion you''d kind of hope that , if things don''t improve, they''d learn by last season''s fiasco and act sooner rather than later?

You above comment got me thinking, whoareyou. I wonder what would happen re managerial appointments if there was a sort of ''transfer window'' scenario for managers , as there is players ?  ie clubs are not allowed to change their manager after 1 Sept + before  1 Jan . Would boards and CEO''s be more decisive in their appointments under these circumstances ?

I would certainly hope so. My worry now is that we have two tough home games coming up (both teams that''ll be top 10 or even 8) followed by Ipswich who have started well and will obviously be a tough game. If we don''t win next week, the heads could drop and we could very easily go 4 games without a win. Were that to happen, I''d make Bournemouth a "win or get sacked" game.

Trouble here is that the board were vocal enough in saying how important it was to get Hughton''s replacement right. That they were leaving no stone unturned, etc. Blah blah.

If it was truely that important to them, they wouldn''t have allowed this situation to happen. They wouldn''t have allowed Hughton to stay in the job at least 4 months after he should''ve gone.

For me, Adams started his tenure at Craven Cottage. 4 more games and that''ll be the 10. Trouble is, you could argue that by then it''ll be too late if it''s been a disaster. Anyone coming in would have to ''make do'' with whatever squad they''d inherit until January. If the board have ANY inkling they''ve ballsed-up, they''ll be looking for/speaking to replacements already.

Heaven forbid but if we roll over at the Portaloo, Adams needs to be gone with a replacement manager stepping in immediately, with a full week of the transfer window remaining.

However, despite the glum look on Smithy''s face yesterday, I''m sure the board are quite happy with their little family arrangement.

It''s going to be a long season, whatever happens.

I think its more about if he learns from this game (you and I are being too harsh on him on the first game i feel, I think although people are disappointed, they should reserve judgement until the next game). If he continues with this forced style of play-the diamond- with the players we have, then he''s got to go because its just football sense that BJ can''t anchor on his own and Bennett is a RM and has never played the ''crofts'' role before (so the midfield are too far apart). With the players we have, hopefully Neil can see that we have the players to dominate games. So we shall see, but for me if he''s putting out more or less of the same team and we get more of the same style of ''over the top'' we should move onto the next manager

If we keep having to pay off dud manager''s contracts then our healthy financial situation will soon disappear.

At this moment in time though I would be more confident of a quick return upwards with Hughton in charge than I am with what I have seen of Adams.

What a horrible thought though.

It will cost a heck of a lot if we keep a manager that has no chance of promotion (thats not me saying its adams btw...yet). But i''m sure most football fans would want Hughton in charge with this kind of squad rather than a ''no-one'' because he got promoted with Newcastle very comfortably like they should''ve done.

Lose to Ip5wich and that''s it.............ditto the damn cook!

Think he needs a win out of Watford or Blackburn.

At the moment there seems virtually no improvement or progression. It''s not like we''ve had loads of upheaval with players in and out. It''s all been quite settled. Yet yesterday looked like they weren''t ready.

Fellas... you''ve given him a 3-year contract. He''ll get this full season to prove his worth I''m sure, otherwise that''ll be yet another poor recent business decision by your board.

[quote user="portman_king"]Fellas... you''ve given him a 3-year contract. He''ll get this full season to prove his worth I''m sure, otherwise that''ll be yet another poor recent business decision by your board.[/quote]

WHAT LIKE YOUR LAST 5-6 MANAGERIAL APOINTMENTS BINBOI

If Adams was sacked today then we would have a better chance of attracting the players required to get the club out of this division. At the moment we''ve only managed to persuade a couple of chancers and hopefuls to join up because the real quality obviously don''t want to play for a rookie manager. I would imagine that sacking Adams would also be a prerequisite for stopping Fer from abandoning a sinking ship.

If this tactical policy of:

Stand off defending

Camping the whole team on the penalty box line, static, refusing to tackle when under pressure

Slow Build up play

Players out of position

etc

Carries on, then not very long!

The main difference between the teams yesterday was when a Wolves player got the ball he looked up, dribbled round our players and zipped a forward pass to another player, all our players struggled with their first touch, if a Wolves player ran towards them they panicked and lost the ball and if they did release it it would have been a slow sideways pass or hopeful long ball

We need to sell Redmond, Surman, Ollson and anyone else in demand and completely rebuild this midfield. We need 4/5 strong fast, technically gifted players who can hold the ball, beat other players for pace and pass at at least a league 2 standard unlike our players

Hoolahan is not the player he used to be, we shouldn''t play a formation just to suit him anymore, whatever he had in the Lambert years is well and truely gone

[quote user="Wiz."]Lose to Ip5wich and that''s it.............ditto the damn cook![/quote]Not a very good chat-up line Wiz........[quote user="First Wizard"]

I still fancy Delia!
No, I''m not mucking about, I always have.....................anyone else?

[img]http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_02/DeliaSmithNH_468x449.jpg[/img]

And she does a mean fry up![/quote]

It''s not just Neil Adam''s apointment though - look at the heavy managerial infrastructure that''s been put in place to support him! Enough to resemble an avalanche should the ground begin to shake...

Unfortunately it''s the players who are not good enough. , turner , Martin , garrido , Whittaker , Johnson are all avarage in my opinion even for the championship , especially if we want to be looking at promotion

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]Unfortunately it''s the players who are not good enough. , turner , Martin , garrido , Whittaker , Johnson are all avarage in my opinion even for the championship , especially if we want to be looking at promotion[/quote]

well the buck has to stop with NA then, this is his team now.  He''s had plenty of time to turn the team over if he thinks theyre not good enough.

He obviously does think theyre good enough.

I thought Lafferty looked quality when he came on and would suggest he will be a shoe in for the next game.

Unfortunately he has inherited the team. He''s brought in lafferty and grabbin only. One who looked decent yesterday. The dead wood needs to go but unfortunately I can''t see it happening and we will stick with them.

Let''s hope it works out otbc !!

i have no idea how much adams is on a year but it must be quite low considering he has never be a manager at club before , lets face it you would pay eddie howe double to get him here right now

The idea of having to pay him of in the event of being sacked must surely require a little more thought, he was already at the club, he may very well accept going back to Colney and we have no idea what sort of money he has been put on. Ditto Ricky Martin.

With this in mind and given the overall cash position the club now finds itself in I''d be quite surprised if taking a tough decision - if left to the Chairman and Chief Exec- would be procrastinated over, far from it in fact.

For me at least I''ve seen enough to know it''s not going to work, yesterday was only an underlining and highlighting exercise, it is not a question of if he goes rather when.

With Ipswich on the horizon I''d imagine two weeks today may see action being taken.