Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Is anyone really expecting a win Saturday?

As per title, anyone thinking we will win?

I hate to say the Watford have hit 3 against a decent Bolton side.

I''m still looking forward to our first home game, just have less expectation.

I''m thinking 2-2.

I''m hoping we lose, so I can spend the following few days moaning on the Pink Un about Neyal/the board/Nathan Redmond.

Actually, I always think we should win when we play at home, but expectancy is a dangerous thing, especially in this division.

If the defence look as short of pace and nervy as they did at Molineux, then I fear Deeney and Vydra will punish us. If Adams can get that aspect sorted, then I feel a win could be gettable.That said ,we need to show a lot more attacking ambition than we did on Sunday, though I guess that will be a given as we are at home.

Watford will not trouble the top 6 this season imo. If we cannot win games like this then we are in real trouble. I do expect us to win and if we do not then there have to be changes pretty quick

Let''s not drag insults at the manager or players in this thread and it''s not moaning as someone posted.

Geniunely thought this season we would be playing open attacking football, we resorted to a diamond with Wes and I thought yes going be good going forward.....but it was a depressing negative game which allowed Wolves to control the game.

Yes we were unlucky to have lost Olsson but we only had 1 shot on target, not great start.

I don''t expect anything more from the next three games, but hope that we will win every game.

Just wanted to gauge where everyone is prior to Saturday.

Well, things are stacked against us - Howson injured, Fer not match fit, Olsson probably out, and two very slow full backs in Whittaker and Garrido.

In our favour is that our shape against Wolves certainly held them, apart from that one defensive error. I still fear that without one or two new defenders we shall be in trouble, but we conceded only the one goal while down to only 10 players.

The big question is whether we can work enough to score goals. I am slightly more confident here, with Lafferty back and the willingness of Grabban to run into space.

I can''t honestly see us scoring enough to win, but I would not be surprised if we drew.

With a manager whose chief tactic seems to be kick and rush, with a bit of passing thrown in to make it look pretty, I can only see a draw. A loss and some of our starry-eyed fans will be out in force with all the usual excuses.

I don''t expect anything tbh...at least I try not too. Very dissapointed after no-show on sunday,

NA will have to show now if he is management material for the Championship. Team needs kick up the backside... That''s just what CH lacked and NA for that matter, at least it seems to me...

This thread has been running for over 4 hours now, and isn''t it a stunning indictment that only 4 out of the 17 replies are actually predicting a Norwich City win.?This for a team that was in the Prem last season at home against a team who was one of the also rans in the Champ.Of course the usual cynics will say that this forum is inhabited by moaners and negative types, but wouldn''t you like to think that more people would feel in a positive enough mood to actually stick their necks out and predict 3 pts for NCFC ?

Well I''m not very confident of a home win but think we may just scrape it.

After Saturday''s less than sparkling display we need to see some confident attacking football to give everyone a boost. Club, players and fans alike.

If we don''t win on Saturday or against Blackburn on Tuesday then I think we''ll be looking at an early season Adams exit.

I think, Reggie, that some will have seen what this thread would be like and decided to avoid it. And it hasn''t really let us down, with some of the usual negativity in among the more reasoned stuff.

I certainly wouldn''t be doing the nigh-on 6 hour round trip if I was as negative as some - who seem to be supporters in as loose a definition as I can imagine. We are at home and should certainly expect our team to turn up - and if they do we should win, but Watford are far from ''also rans'', many have tipped them for the play-offs.

What I don''t quite understand with some of our support is that they seem intent on being proved ''right'' in their miserableness so they can wallow in it, which does suggest a rather sad existence!

Branston, I came into this season full of hope and positive. I went to yhe Celta Vigo game and thought how well we played in the first 15 minutes and how Adams changed things when it was going against us.....thought we would set up the same for the Wolves game.

Yet no it was all so same old last seasin.....we went there not to lose and ended up allowing wolves 70% possesion and control of the game....we were as bad as last season.

It''s not about moaning but hell 18 months of such utter tripe cannot be allowed to carry on into this year, can it? Would you be happy with our Wolves performance this Saturday?

Just asking are you expecting a performance and win?

I expect if we do win it won''t be winning in the correct way for some people.

[quote user="Buh"]I expect if we do win it won''t be winning in the correct way for some people.[/quote]

In the same way if we lose as we have it will be ok for others!

Branston,re your six hour round trip. Out of interest, I live in west London. Not a million miles from Surbiton. Been doing that journey for nigh on 50 years. Don''t think it''s ever taken me 6 hours. And that''s before the M25.M11 or any other ''M''.

Unless you''re including the whole matchday thing in that. Getting there early to park up,having a nosh,the match itself etc. That adds quite a bit to most peoples day. Unless you''re taking in a Brighton game on the way. Just wondering.

Perhaps...

I was talking mainly about those that in the face of victory find a negative in the style of play.

Winning ugly is winning.

We won 1-0 in the last minute I''ll be happy because I think this team needs a victory to lift them and help them out of their shells.

I take ypur point and have to agree any win would be welcome in my book!

We have not won a competative game since March 22. 9 games come this weekend, not sure how many more games yhis squad will go without being winners, so as said any win is welcome.

Mind the gap, I thought the clue was in the ''round trip'' bit?! It is generally 3 hours +/- 15 mins each way by road, and nowadays the quicker journeys are far outweighed by the longer ones!

Absolutly yes!

We should be expecting a win in every home game this season.

If not then remove the problem that causes the doubt