Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

another Fer thread

Looking at the way things stand, I would like to keep him, so he can really light up the Championship and show us how well he can really play. We don''t have to sell him, so why would we unless we get a ridiculous offer ie £10 m.

Up to now he''s been OK and outstanding in 5 or 6 games at the most. I think he has great potential and if he did well this coming season his value would increase and then we may even get over £12m for him.

If he is prepared to work hard this season, I would want to keep hold of him to hopefully get us back in the Premiership. I could see Southampton being interested and they have a good size transfer kitty but they will really struggle to match last season''s efforts after losing so many of their top players. The question is how well will they be able to rebuild. They may even struggle this season.

Would love Fer to stay and think we should play hardball with any club that comes in for him. The market is crazy right now so why shouldn''t we ask silly money for any of our players. The kid is young,hungry and clearly has a bright future.

Leroy appears to say the right things as does RVW. In reality we have £20m worth of talent in those two alone and by keeping them we aren''t gonna lose out this season cos when they tear up the Championship they will be worth more. If McCormack is worth over 10 and Ulloa over 7 then it''s a no brainer to keep them or get the £20m

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggh!

Aaaaarrggh, aaaarrrgh! Nnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

People keep using that word ''hungry''. How do we KNOW whether any given player is hungry or not, regardless of whether they are young or over the hill and far away!!!?

And, yes I do know it doesn''t mean hungry in the sense of the tummy is rumbling and could do with a bite to eat!!!

FFS! I swear that goddamn phrase was never used until Lambert stopped by for a cup of tea and a biscuit and since then every bleedin'' youngster somebody deigns to pull out of their @rse is ''hungry''.

[pops a Valium or two and goes to lie down in a darkened room]

I''m not a s cummer.

He was genuinely useless for us. And he''s not combative enough for the Championship. No use to us.

He''ll rot at QPR as well.

[quote user="Nicko"]I''m not a s cummer.

He was genuinely useless for us. And he''s not combative enough for the Championship. No use to us.

He''ll rot at QPR as well.[/quote]Must admit, I don''t see that Leroy Fer would be at all cut out for the Championship. Seemed to lack any kind of dynamism or urgency in his play whenever I saw Norwich last season, which you really need in abundance.Sell him, make a profit while you can I''d say.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Nicko"]I''m not a s cummer.

He''ll rot at QPR as well.[/quote]Must admit, I don''t see that Leroy Fer would be at all cut out for the Championship. Seemed to lack any kind of dynamism or urgency in his play whenever I saw Norwich last season, which you really need in abundance.Sell him, make a profit while you can I''d say.[/quote]Thank you for your unbiased opinion.I would offer mine on your team, but haven''t seen them play in the last three years.[Y]

He might not be best placed to have an opinion.

As a Norwich fan though, I am.

So tell me, what exactly has Fer done to command such a huge transfer fee?

I think he''s one of those who could really dominate the game in the championship. I think he''d thrive. It''d be great to have the chance to see what he could do at that level.

If you ever saw him waiting in the penalty area for a corner to come in, you''d change your mind about his physical prowess. He was unlucky more of his headers didn''t go in last season.

Our best hope for an immediate return is keeping players of Fer''s calibre and convincing them to give us 100% as if that happens, we''ll be too good for the majority of teams in this league. It won''t happen for us if they are not prepared to fight though.

In a more attacking set up with 2 strikers and pacy wingers, I see Fer coming into his own next season.

would absolutely love him back here, him howson and tettey would be amazing in this league, however we did get good money for him, but if we don''t go up, it will not be such good business. On the other hand we''ve replaced him with Ofoe who I am poking forward to seeing.

[quote user="Nicko"]He''s crap, get rid.[/quote][quote user="Nicko"]So I was right. Cheers then![/quote]

Leroy comes on for Holland on 81 minutes, score is 1-1, within a minute the Dutch take the lead and then score another.

If I were to say have him this season and then sell him for £10m when we''re in the PL is that option allowed?

(although on a side note that question whether I would rather have him of the money doesn''t say anything much on how good he is. He may not be worth £10m but does that mean that he''s a bad player? Does that mean that he couldn''t have played a major part in getting us promoted this season?)

Holland are currently losing 2-0 to Iceland (10 minutes or so remaining)Fer is on the subs bench but as yet he hasn''t been called upon to inject his lightening pace into the Dutch midfield

"X minutes of international game time doesn''t make you a great player, sorry."

They should''ve picked from the start and then they wouldn''t have been in trouble.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]QPR pick him from the start every week.[/quote]

Yes but they have the misfortune to be managed and coached by the worst group of ex-players and managers ever assembled.