Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

What about the defence?!

Martin is absolute rubbish and shouldn''t have been made captain. The defence has been overlooked, but there is no way on earth that Martin should start any game as a cb.

He''s only just adequate as a rb but we''ve got better cb''s at the club and that''s saying quite a lot.

It seems that contrary to mcnastys statement that well replace players with better ones, just looks like well be going with the same old crap ( Olsson excluded if he stays,) as last year.

Unfortunately it seems that my pre-season fears were alarmingly prescient after the last few games. Hopefully Neil can rectify this, or at least have us scoring freely enough to compensate for the frequent defensive lapses.

Yes Turner does well but its his mistakes which have cost us recently.

I would love to see Miquel & Bennett when both are fit.

I also want to see us push up and compress the park....

Yes the defence have conceded a number of soft goals, but apart from Middlesborough all lost games have been close. The big problem is the inability to score. Apart from Grabban''s early run he, Lafferty and Redmond, all front runners, are not scoring. Unless Chris Goreham is exaggerating it seemed yesterday that we had numerous attacking moves and crosses but as usual did not seem as if we were likely to add to Howson''s goal. This has been the same trend at home. In my opinion it is a culmination of the poor final ball, lack of confidence, and not enough players moving in on goal to support Jerome.

As most of the opponents goals have partly been down to a defensive errors and we have been punished, nevertheless at the other end we have failed to take advantage. I have no doubt the problem is the lack of goals scored by us.

patches has it spot on - its the lack of organisation and poor defensive tactics that is costing us.

We have capable individual defenders for this league but due to the desperation to throw our fbs forward we are stretched at the back. Add in a lack of leadership and no person pulling the back four together with an impression that there is no coaching to help improve the defence is a real worry, esp when the captain is a constant pat of the back 4.

When we have so little pace at the back its hard to agree that we should push to far up to compress the park; boro exposed that completely