Sign in to follow this  
St Georgey

Fryatt on a free

Forest in for him.

Free transfer from Hull.

IMO still a good player. Even impressed with a few Prem cameos last season.

I''d have him here as a squad player without a doubt. Especially on a free.

Thoughts?

I''d have him, but careful, some people on here think it''s impossible for a payer to be good without spunking a couple of million on them, so put your tin hat on.

I would take him but it depends on whats happening with Hooper, RVW & Becchio. Gotta feeling we will be in for another striker and go with Grabban, Hooper, New Signing & Loza.

Ha ha, precisely.

We''ll be outnumbered within minutes, I''m sure.

If he''s considering Forest I think we could get him easily.

Can''t imagine he''s a big earner either.

Different kind of striker to what we have on the books.

I''d have more faith in him scoring than RVW.

Not sure really, I think we could do better. I wouldn''t be against him joining but we already have 4 strikers not including youth that could all be capable of scoring and I think any further striker purchase needs to be a real good player, not just "another squad member".

I still think we need a real strong target man as an option, we don''t win enough in the air up that end for my liking and haven''t since Holt left.

When the hard work passing football doesn''t work, it''s useful to have a couple of cheap goals in you, such as route one and set pieces and i''m not confident any of our strikers could be that guy.

Fryatt on a FT would be good business, IMO. Good scoring record and at 28, is experienced without being too old. Hull have a plethora of strikers now, which is why he''s moving on.

As for the target man option, Grabban is 6''1" and good at holding the ball. Becchio also has those attributes, if he stays.

One in three is a good scoring ratio if you are a second striker.

And I guess that is what he would be.

I believe if we are without RVW and Hooper, we will need another experienced striker to help the others.

I also believe the younger ones, such as Loza and the Murphys have shown they know where the goal is given their rein, could succeed.

But until we really know what our system will be next season, then how many strikers is a conundrum.

we don''t need ''squad players''they either are up to the job, or notand if it is or not then that is merely money wasted on wages

[quote user="City1st"]we don''t need ''squad players''they either are up to the job, or notand if it is or not then that is merely money wasted on wages

[/quote]

I think he''d be up to the job. Possibly more so than RVW, Hooper or Bechhio

[quote user="St Georgey"][quote user="City1st"]we don''t need ''squad players''they either are up to the job, or notand if it is or not then that is merely money wasted on wages

[/quote]

I think he''d be up to the job. Possibly more so than RVW, Hooper or Bechhio[/quote]

Based on what? He scored about 50 goals in 200 championship appearances, he''s also a pen taker. I bet Hooper or Becchio can at least match that at championship level, even RVW has the pedigree to score that, if and I know it''s a big if he can adapt. Just because he''s free doesnt improve the player.

"I''d have him here as a squad player without a doubt"we don''t need ''squad players''they either are up to

the job, or notand if it is or not then that is

merely money wasted on wages"

I think he''d be up to the jobHe''s either a squad player or he''s not - and unless he is good enough to be automatically picked then he is of little use

ps St Georgous, might be better using cut and paste, that way folk can follow the thread of the argument with it getting lost amongst all of the goobldegook