Sign in to follow this  
kye

best and worst tv football commentators/pundits

Seeing the thread lower down, i have to agree Adrian Childs is as dull as dishwater,

but the one man i turn over as soon as he starts talking is Garth Crooks, drowns in his own self importance.

Best Gary Neville talks a lot of sense

[quote user="kye"]Seeing the thread lower down, i have to agree Adrian Childs is as dull as dishwater...[/quote]Er, the general idea is to reply to that thread rather than start a new one. [:S]

In reply to the post, Martin Tyler for me is the best commentator, the worst pundit/co-commentator for me is Gordan "big head" Strachan closely followed be Roy Keane!

[quote user="kye"]sorry thought i was allowed to start my own thread[/quote]

Course you cant especially when it isnt even NCFC related

Quite like Strachan, Lee Dixon and some of the occasional pundits like John Hartson. Worst has to be Garth Crooks and Shearer.

Well its off and running, perhaps it wasn''t a bad idea after all

Its good that you are now commentating on the thread itself; gives it another dimension....well thats my in-depth analysis of it anyway.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="kye"]Seeing the thread lower down, i have to agree Adrian Childs is as dull as dishwater...[/quote]Er, the general idea is to reply to that thread rather than start a new one. [:S][/quote]i think it''s a good idea for a thread seeing as nothing much else is happening [:D]

best pundit is roy keane i was looking forward to him doing the world cup gutted he quitworst pundit is alan shearer thick as pig sh1t, bland , bald, boring and just spouts cliches and safe inoffensive opinions

Steve Claridge is the most annoying. Alan Shearer most boring.Ian Wright thick as $hit and just reiterates what his ''boss'' Hoddle has just said (except in a london voice). Tbh, I don''t care for any of them. (cynic) Hoddle I thought had some interesting ideas yesterday but I find all of them just talk for the sake of it....god I feel old

I think some dimwit on ITV thought it might be a great idea to have Gazza as a pundit at one world cupit lasted about one game I thinkshame as he was more entertaining than the rest, and what was on the pitch

Best commentator is Motty, John Motson is just great. I hate Garth Crooks...like many of us it seems.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Andy Townsend is absolute turd, he is to football what Phil "Oi Oi, Parklife" Tufnell is to cricket, i.e. f*ck all.

[/quote]

Happy to help Bor...............http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/feature/189283/top-10-memorable-andy-townsend-co-commentary-quotes.html

Best: Wally Barnes

Worst: Richard Keys

Best Commentators for me is  Martin Tyler, Clive Tyldsley and Alan Green. Best pundits Andy Grey, Terry Venables, Danny Murphy and Martin O''Neill.Worst, Commentator Jim Rosenthal. Worst pundit Paul Merson.

Best;

Brian Moore

David Coleman, 1 nil!!!

Hugh Johns, 1 nothing!!!

Barry Davies, look at his face, just look at his face.......

Motty......

Best Pundits;

1974 ITV pundits, Clough, Charlton, Moncur et al

Worst Commentators

Dan O Hagan

Tony Jones

Jonathan Pearce

Bill Leslie

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Best commentator is Motty, John Motson is just great. I hate Garth Crooks...like many of us it seems.[/quote]

Motson great? You are joking?

He may have been at one time but not any more.

Townsend is terrible, as is Crooks and Dion Dublin.

Martin Tyler''s the best commentator.

None of them as good as David Coleman was.

Only in my opinion of course.

Eddie Butler is the best commentator with his sidekick Brian Moore, wish they would switch from rugby to football.Jonathan Pierce for worst commentator and Alan Shearer for worst pundit and Saggers for worst presenter.

I reckon chris goreham should do the commentary, should at least have a bit of passion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9EMpaengQY

best - Barry Davies... BBC let the wrong one go when he quit (should''ve pentioned Motty off)

worst - Townsend!!! or anyone in ITV ever!

I particularly hate it ( did I say hate ....well, I meant hate ) when American commentators are used. The commentary is usually filled with inputs like:

Commentator: "He''ll never catch that pass. Mind you, I don''t think I would have caught that even in my prime. Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha."

Colour man ( whatever that means ): "Oh, sure you would Biff. Your good lady kept you on the move. Ha, ha,ha,ha,ha."

Commentator: "HA, HA,HA, HA,HA, HEARTY HA, HA!!!!!!!"