Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Ha. Blatter gets something right.

What really got to me was his attempt to pull the race card. It will eventually get to the point where something actually does/doesn''t happen due to race and no one will believe/care.

His latest witterings are outlandish, even by his lower than a snakes belly standards. Here''s a quick quote if anyone has missed it...

"There is a sort of storm against Fifa relating to the Qatar World Cup.Sadly there''s a great deal of discrimination and racism."

They''re looking into the allegations of corruption today before announcing that they are groundless and that the Qatar World Cup will proceed as normal-except, of course, it''ll be held in the Winter. As the bid specifically was for a Summer tournament and all the other nations did so on that basis, just as all the TV rights that have already been sold for it were done on it being a Summer tournament I can''t see how they can get away with that, let alone just writing off the allegations (which seem pretty strong-thousands of documents apparantly which might be, collectively, pretty foolproof) altogether as they almost certainly will today or tomorrow.

Blatter will then hold court in Brazil, posing with the players, the mascots and, no doubt, lots of scantily clad women-with the "All for the game" logo prominent as usual.

Maybe they should kick us out of FIFA...please?

If UEFA had some balls they could bring him down-he can knock and snipe the European game all he likes, but its FIFA''s powerhouse, even though he is seeing the other federations financed to the hilt in order to water down UEFA''s clout-but for as long as the leading players, clubs and tournaments are UEFA based, it''ll make no difference.

He''s a first class idiot if he can''t see you have to tackle corruption allegations head on rather than sweep them under the carpet. FIFA needs to change, more transparency and breakup the old boys network.

FIFA is possibly the most corrupt of all organisations on this planet (quite an achievement when we take into consideration man''s propensity for greed and self-service). This world''s most powerful of sporting organisations has had a total of 3 different presidents since England last won the World Cup! These presidents (of a charitable organisation) have considered themselves equal with heads of state. Sepp Blatter''s predecessor, Joaoa Havelange (president from 1974-1998 and FIFA''s Honorary President from 1998-2013) once said:"In the 1990 World Cup in Italy I saw Pope John Paul II three times. When

I go to Saudi Arabia, King Fahd welcomes me in splendid fashion. In

Belgium I had a one-and-a-half hour meeting with King Albert. Do you

think a Head of State will spare that much time to just anyone? That''s

respect. That''s the strength of FIFA. I can talk to any President, but

they''ll be talking to a President too on an equal basis. They''ve got

their power, and I''ve got mine: the power of football, which is the

greatest power there is."These guys see themselves as operating with different rules to everyone else. They see themselves as kings and a such will reward themselves accordingly.Here are some fact and figures from the 2013 FIFA financial report. At the end of the 2013 financial year FIFA had assets that total $3,165,000,000 (with $1,245,000,000 in cash in their bank account). In the same financial year (as a charitable non-profit organisation which registered a income of $1,386,000,000) they paid a total of $17,163,000 in tax and duties, just 10% of their income. They also list that $560,000,000 was spent on this years World Cup alone, with a further $197,000,000 spent on the organisation of other tournaments. This is a total of $757,000,000 spent on what is vaguely labeled "Tournament Expenses". Of course these figures must be taken with a pinch of salt due to FIFA''s propensity to deceive and be economical with the truth, due to the fact that their bank accounts are held in Switzerland, a country known to be reticent when sharing the bank balances of individuals and organisation with the rest of the world.I could go on and on and on about my scepticism of the governance of world football, but suffice to say I don''t believe there is any hope of FIFA "cleaning up it''s act" as there is no motivation for them to do so. The people who are currently in power in FIFA are elected by the people who are currently in power in FIFA and it would not suit their personal interests to vote against the status quo. Which gives you and I 1 of 2 choices, either put up with the corrupion that is prevalent in world football or........ stop watching FIFA tournaments and buying products that are asscociated with the organisation (i.e the latest football game for your console sanctioned by the governing body of world football, a well known sweet carbonated beverage, South Korean automobiles etc). If the 1 billion + people on this planet who take an interest in football suddenly went and did something else with their money, other than spend it on FIFA associated goods, that would make Sepp Blatter sit up and take notice.Sadly there are two chances of that happening and Bob Hope has been dead for 11 years now.I would like to suggest that you take the time to read both the FIFA financial statement and the book "How They Stole The Game" by David Yallop. Both make far more interesting reading than what I''ve just written.http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/30/12/07/fifafr2013en_neutral.pdfhttp://www.yallop.com/howtheystolethegame.aspx

One of the problems is that many do not see it as bribery but incentive marketing.

In this country we call it lobbying so that, for instance, the government ignores the call for restrictions on oil or energy suppliers.

A Caribbean or African delegate, not only keen to accept "gifts" from bidders, might genuinely see it as an opportunity for his federation to, in effect, become a major player in FIFA.

And in turn, these delegates keep Blatter in power.

The question I would like to ask is Why is a 78 year old such a megalomaniac still? You''ve had your time in the sun, now move over.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]One of the problems is that many do not see it as bribery but incentive marketing.

In this country we call it lobbying so that, for instance, the government ignores the call for restrictions on oil or energy suppliers.

A Caribbean or African delegate, not only keen to accept "gifts" from bidders, might genuinely see it as an opportunity for his federation to, in effect, become a major player in FIFA.

And in turn, these delegates keep Blatter in power.

The question I would like to ask is Why is a 78 year old such a megalomaniac still? You''ve had your time in the sun, now move over.[/quote]Like I intimated to in my previous post, Blatter views himself as "king" of world football. As such, I don''t believe he will never move aside until ill-health or death forces him to step down as it is very rarely that kings abdicate. I expect even when he gets to an age where the day to day running of FIFA is too much for him, he will just assume the role of Honorary President and install a puupet for him to control from behind the scenes, much like Joao Havelange did.

Like I intimated to in my previous post, Blatter views himself as "king" of world football. As such, I don''t believe he will never move aside until ill-health or death forces him to step down as it is very rarely that kings abdicate. I expect even when he gets to an age where the day to day running of FIFA is too much for him, he will just assume the role of Honorary President and install a puupet for him to control from behind the scenes, much like Joao Havelange did.

EVER not never!!!!!

I have to say I detest Mr Blatter a lot for many many reasons.

He highlights what goes wrong when you allow someone more than two terms in office, he is so ignorant and arrogant that it beggars belief.

The most recent example is that he has instigated an investigation into the Quatar award, and possible evidence of corruption is highlighted by the media. Now as president he should keep quiet about said investigation until completed. But instead he effectively says in public that all these allegations are wrong and based on racism etc. If the investigator had any balls he would resign now or ask Blatter to retract his statement as clearly will prejudice outcome. But we all know is done deal and investigator is as biased as Blatter.

We all knew something was up when they announced there would be two bids at once for World Cup, clearly hoped to cover ridiculous award to Quatar by the earlier award to Russia!

He even told UEFA he was retiring after this term before the last election to ensure he got their vote , and now he says he wants to go on, . The guy has absolutely no integrity at all.

[quote user="im spartacus"]rick mayall dies at 56 and this tosser is still alive and calling the shots on our beautiful game at 78 ? how can anyone say there is a god ?[/quote]10 out of 10 people die. Sepp Blatter will too one day.

Blatter views himself as "king" of world football. As such, I don''t believe he will never move aside until ill-health or death forces him to step down as it is very rarely that kings abdicate.

Really not being pennickity but a king did abdicate just this week....King Juan Carlos of Spain.

I agree with all other points though. Qatar in the summer? who the hell dreamt that one up....but more to the point, why?

It is good to see another country''s FA speak out against Blatter, albeit in a guarded fashion.

Van Praag seems a decent bloke,was surprised he went as far as he did when interviewed and Greg Dyke spoke sense IMO.

Sky NewsDesk reported that in a meeting today, the FAs president walked out mid-meeting saying Blatter should step down, and UEFA has asked/pleaded for him to not run for 2015.