Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Grant Holt

Back at Wigan, still likely to be in demand in the championship next season, so we could well be facing him somewhere along the way.  There is a hint of a move to Sheffield Wednesday..........

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]So what?[/quote]Why do you think.Do you forget a legend as soon as he has gone?

Definitely flagging with little to promoteNo £23m hand out, no 20,000 plus season tickets sales .. not even debt freeAre there any youngsters to talk of or multi million buys ?

No wonder poorman road has much to trumpet about, err............ Sheepshanks ... and, err, ummm

ps ipswichlowlife when are you binners going tpo confirm this Cat 1 status for your academy, dragging on a bit isn''t itperhaps it''s taken longer than you thought to count all that small change out of those nicked collection tins

[quote user="Norwich4life"]I would have him back like a shot. What a great boost tat would be to the flagging PR machine at carra rud. I doubt the have that vision though. Adams out. Messiah back[/quote]

I come back and you''re still bleating on? Really! Why?

[quote user="alartz"]Move along people, nothing to see here.

Just a pointless thread[/quote]

Really.  So you''ll have no interest in a game where Grant Holt might be  playing against us then....................

I DON''T BELIEVE YOU!

Is a legend,  but he is past his best and his days with us done;   he wanted to move north (home) and we should be looking to buy our next legend rather than getting all those were the days nostalgic for a regretful fumble with a lost love.

He''s also an older head to have around who was with us through 2 successive promotion. It''s not always what happens on the field with a character like him around. The motivation and knowledge that he could share to a player like Carlton Morris coming through the ranks is invaluable in ''creating'' new legends, not buying them.

On the field, Someone who can come on in the last 10-15 minutes and nick a goal is just as important as the slugger working his proverbials off all game. Look how valuable Simeon Jackson''s goals were for us vs Scunny and Portsmouth.

The trouble with Holty, as we all know is that he doesn''t really want to be down south and so would be demanding silly money to make it worth his while. He''s a player who would be great to have around the club as he retires, but that will never happen so that dream is a total non starter unfortunately.

old, slow, overweight, we had him at his peak but also at the start of his decline and moved him on at the right time.

Thanks for the goals Fat man! but no need to return

I doubt Grant Holt is any slower right now than Iwan Roberts was at his peak?

I''d love to see him back on a fixed contract for 12 months - unless we buy Jordan Rhodes who seems the nearest like-for-like replacement.