Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Ross McCormack

Any remote truth in the rumours of a bid? Looks like a 2+2=5 thing for me. It''d be funny to nick another Leeds player but as good as he is, unless Hooper goes I would rather a target man who can score and win headers like Rhodes

They can''t all go there, PL teams may look abroad or at other prem teams.

Think there is a decent list of potential strikers forming that could go to prem or decide to join us.

Like Grabban, McComack had a great season last year, but the season before that he had 5 goals in 32 games. His scoring record is inconsistent, and for the amount of money being talked about, he would be a risk, IMO. As for the target man role, Grabban (6''1") has those attributes as well as pace and passing abilities. And then there''s Becchio, if he stays.

Great shout JS

This is the type of player we need

27 Years of age , scored 29 goals last season in total, 28 in the

League - in a poor Leeds team that only scored 59 & finished 15th, Leeds are already in financial difficulties, the new owner failed to sell his club in Italy & I read somewhere that the players had not been paid forApril

With the right bid (£2/3M) he would surely jump at the chance to join

a team that stands a good chance of getting back into the Prem at the

first attempt (on 2nd May he was quoted as saying he wants to play in

the Prem and be a regular in the Scottish team)

A substantial upgrade on the Wolf and while a similar payer to Hoops he is a a

proven Champ goal scorer. If we buy him we can sell Hooper for £5/6M and pocket the difference

I am fed up hearing howWolf & Hooper will score a

hatful in the champs - please dont tell me we will wait till Christmas

to see how it goes upfront, by then it could be too late. We have to hit

the ground running from the start not wait for people to get there

confidence back.

Wolf certainly wont cut the mustard and will Hooper work hard enough for the team ?

McCormack would be a supirb

acquisition at the right price

Not for me, price being talked about is around £6m, he is a good champs player and would do a job, but not at that price.

Hooper will get the goals in champs, look at the Watford cup game as a one off, 2 good goals and tore them apart.

The thing about Hooper and RvW is that they are more likely to score hatfuls in the champ than say Fryatt and Lita. If we sold them two, I don''t think there''d be a solid replacement brought in.

Hooper will score in champs I agree, but if he does want out McCormack is a very good replacementAs for Wolf - I have my doubts he is even champ standard after seeing him trot around for 25 games last season - I just cannot see what qualities he brings to the teamFeel best option for him is season loan abroad or we sell at anything over £4M and take the hit - we never gona get back for him what we paid & Adams dont want him either

Newton - Not a chance we''d get him for £2-3m - he''s contracted till 2017. With Newcastle, West Ham etc sniffing around price tag will be £5 - £7m, despite Leeds'' finances. I don''t think their difficulties will last long once Cellino has got his house in order.

It''s easy to say McCormack is a better bet than Hooper - but right now he''s as proven as Hooper and Becchio both are - scored goals in the championship but no higher. There''s nothing to suggest Hooper won''t be good again at Championship level, and there''s nothing to suggest McCormack will be good at Prem level.

Best to give our current strikers a shot (possibly with the exception of RVW, as I don''t imagine he wants to play in the Champ), and then if we''re not scoring much splash out on the likes of McCormack in january.

I think central midfield and defence is where the money needs to be spent.

[quote user="Newton"]Hooper will score in champs I agree, but if he does want out McCormack is a very good replacement

As for Wolf - I have my doubts he is even champ standard after seeing him trot around for 25 games last season - I just cannot see what qualities he brings to the team

Feel best option for him is season loan abroad or we sell at anything over £4M and take the hit - we never gona get back for him what we paid & Adams dont want him either
[/quote]

Trot around.... probably had the highest work ethic out of all our strikers

Somebodys having a nibble at the Rhodes transfer , before the supposedly unfound interest we were not quoted in the betting for Rhodes , after reports we were going to make a bid we were installed 4/1 favourites and have remained that price untill today when we have been cut to 2/1 with the next team quoted Leicester at 8/1.

Hi EllisIf u call jogging slowly up the pitch to the far post everytime we had the ball in our have and doing his best not to make any runs into channels or even look to be involved in build up play a high work ethicI am amazedObviously those internet links u were watching must be more dodgy than u thought

McCormick may regarded as at his peak, but I think that we ought to be looking for someone younger if we want someone we can take into the Premiership. Or is the Leeds man regarded as a one season player who will be regarded as dispensable once he has scored the goals this season?

[quote user="MancCanary"]

. There''s nothing to suggest Hooper won''t be good again at Championship level, and there''s nothing to suggest McCormack will be good at Prem level.

[/quote]

Except he''s garbage and the Championship is even 6 levels over his head. Hooper doesn''t move, can''t hold the ball, and has no touch or finishing ability in a league that is above Non-League football. These other people do. Thank god it looks like he''s out the door.

[quote user="Newton"]Hi EllisIf u call jogging slowly up the pitch to the far post everytime we had the ball in our have and doing his best not to make any runs into channels or even look to be involved in build up play a high work ethicI am amazedObviously those internet links u were watching must be more dodgy than u thought[/quote]

Absolutely this. If you think otherwise yo are likely laughably not bright...

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="MancCanary"]

. There''s nothing to suggest Hooper won''t be good again at Championship level, and there''s nothing to suggest McCormack will be good at Prem level.

[/quote]

Except he''s garbage and the Championship is even 6 levels over his head. Hooper doesn''t move, can''t hold the ball, and has no touch or finishing ability in a league that is above Non-League football. These other people do. Thank god it looks like he''s out the door.[/quote] You appear to have a personal grudge against Hooper who would easily finish among the top scorers in the Championship playing for City . As somebody mentioned elsewhere in the one game against Championship opposition last season he netted twice to win us the game , if Rhodes is too pricey then we need to keep Hooper above anybody else . As for McCormack no thanks anything above £2 million would be a waste of money .

jaemae - what exactly is your beef with Hooper? Because we''ve already had this conversation where it was mentioned that Hooper has *already* proven himself in the championship by scoring 19 goals for a struggling side.. Remember? Are you going to say that it didn''t count because he was in a team desperate to score goals, again?

Does your girlfriend fancy him or something? I can''t think why else you''d have this over the top opinion.

Yes he did poorly last season, but was he the only one? And can we not attribute any of the poor play and attitudes to the depressing tactics that we know made many of our players unhappy and de-motivated?

Some football fans have very short memories and an inability to judge a player on more than just one season, forgetting that these players have had a career *before* Norwich City.

Also we must remember we are now in a far weaker league and players that were poor last season should find it easier this season .

Playing off a target man, in my opinion, Hooper will score goals for fun next season. He is the second most important player to retain in our squad after Snodgrass.

Dont worry about him and Newton as they are binners and want us to get rid of two of citys best players.If you read th

Dont worry about him and Newton MancCanary as they are binners and want us to get rid of two of citys best players.If you read all there posts you will understand there 1p5wich scum

[quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae - what exactly is your beef with Hooper? Because we''ve already had this conversation where it was mentioned that Hooper has *already* proven himself in the championship by scoring 19 goals for a struggling side.. Remember? Are you going to say that it didn''t count because he was in a team desperate to score goals, again?

Does your girlfriend fancy him or something? I can''t think why else you''d have this over the top opinion.

Yes he did poorly last season, but was he the only one? And can we not attribute any of the poor play and attitudes to the depressing tactics that we know made many of our players unhappy and de-motivated?

Some football fans have very short memories and an inability to judge a player on more than just one season, forgetting that these players have had a career *before* Norwich City.

Also we must remember we are now in a far weaker league and players that were poor last season should find it easier this season .[/quote]

No, he''s just a garbage player. People seem to think Grabban is crap, yet had a better ONE SEASON in the championship than Hooper had. He performed well in Scotland, YIPPEEEEEE! Hooray, he did well in a non-league football quality league. Greatness, surely.

Yes, it''s a weaker league, but well over Hooper''s head even in that case.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae - what exactly is your beef with Hooper? Because we''ve already had this conversation where it was mentioned that Hooper has *already* proven himself in the championship by scoring 19 goals for a struggling side.. Remember? Are you going to say that it didn''t count because he was in a team desperate to score goals, again?

Also we must remember we are now in a far weaker league and players that were poor last season should find it easier this season .[/quote]

No, he''s just a garbage player. People seem to think Grabban is crap, yet had a better ONE SEASON in the championship than Hooper had. He performed well in Scotland, YIPPEEEEEE! Hooray, he did well in a non-league football quality league. Greatness, surely.

Yes, it''s a weaker league, but well over Hooper''s head even in that case.[/quote]

Also, no. I don''t consider the poor tactics the reason Hooper touched the ball into goalies hands without a shot 95% of the time he had any opportunity. That''s because he''s garbage.

BEWAREThe rise tinted glasses internet noriwich fans are back

Any ony who watched norwich play on a regular basis last seasonlive  knows that if we rely on the wolf to score our goasls in champs next season we will be back in league oneBesides some nice eclips on u tube what has he done in 25 games to prove he will score in the champs, one of them even posted he smiled as he scored a lob - so what  ABSOLUTELY NOWTACCEPT IT FOOLS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY IN OUR HISTORY AND THE MAIN REASON WE WERE RELEGATEDWAKE UP IDIOTS

jaemae: "Yes, it''s a weaker league, but well over Hooper''s head even in that case. "

But jaemae, he''s already proven himself in this league playing for Scunthorpe? He scored 19 goals, FOR SCUNTHORPE.

How can you possible say that means he''s over his head in the Championship before he''s even kicked a ball?

This really is a dunces convention.

Truth is both Hooper and RvW were totally underwhelming last season but the sole reason for our relegation they were certainly not. As a team we underperformed in almost every department, we had a manager who couldn''t turn it round and board that acted too late.

Now truth is both Hoops and RvW are good players, but there is uncertainty about how good remains -though they are certainly good enough for the Champs and probably a better bet than McCormack.

Overclaiming what they will do is just plain stupid. If one of Grabban/RvW/Hooper hits 20 and the other two get into double figures we will be all right...........except in this obsession with strikers waht about the rest of the team?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]West Ham bound.[/quote]

And if you believe all you read that makes it 65 players on the way to wet spam

[quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae: "Yes, it''s a weaker league, but well over Hooper''s head even in that case. "

But jaemae, he''s already proven himself in this league playing for Scunthorpe? He scored 19 goals, FOR SCUNTHORPE.

How can you possible say that means he''s over his head in the Championship before he''s even kicked a ball?[/quote]

Yeah, one season where your team was chasing goals constantly sure makes you established...

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="MancCanary"]jaemae: "Yes, it''s a weaker league, but well over Hooper''s head even in that case. "

How can you possible say that means he''s over his head in the Championship before he''s even kicked a ball?[/quote]

Yeah, one season where your team was chasing goals constantly sure makes you established...[/quote]

Wow - this point again? So his 19 goals count less because he was playing for a shit team? All teams chase goals - what does that even mean?! You''re telling me Leicester weren''t chasing goals last season?

Are you saying Hooper''s 19 goals that season would be somehow worth more if it had been for a club that got promoted that season?

Can anyone understand jaemae''s logic here?