Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

OT - Who will win the World Cup Golden Boot?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/05/4-players-who-may-top-the-goalscoring-charts-in-brazil/

4 players said to be in contention here...

I''ve put a 10 er on three strikers. First being fred at 20/1. Is their main no.9 in the box and was top goalscorer In confederations cup.

Secondly I went for Mario ballotelli at something like 28/1. He again is their main man and if italy do in fact get through the group stages, it will be because of him.

Then finally I went for what I consider to be the best value bet of anyone, miroslav klose. He still spearheads the Germans as far as I''m aware and always plays well in big tournaments. At 40/1 I couldn''t turn it down!

[quote user="Michael Bates"] First being fred at 20/1. [/quote]

I don''t want to curse it for you but I do think Fred is quite a smart bet.

very outside punt because of the nature of their group could be alexander korkorin;  russia could end up scoring none but are also the sort of team to score well,   talented striker and at c100-1 worth a small nibble.

Very outlandish suggestion first, Shola Ameobi at 1500 to 1. He''s got a chance of leading the line for Nigeria who have a very much accessible group. If it''s a low scoring tournament, he could do a senior Maceo Rigters and get 4 goals from the 5 games Nigeria would take to get to the quarters, which is entirely possible.

Next the "less-wild-but-still-wild card" is Dzeko. The main man for Bosnia and again their group is anyones. I could easily see him doing as described above instead of Ameobi but far more realistically. He is also pretty much guaranteed to play all of Bosnias games.

Lukaku is another great shout. Belgium should breeze through their group and Lukaku is their main man especially with no Benteke.

Klose is another good shout. Germany should get through their group with Portugal the only major challenge on paper. Klose looks set to start as the main man every game and with one of Russia, Algeria or Korea likely next followed by Argentina, Belgium then at least a third place playoff, I can see him scoring with the creativity on offer in Germanys side even without Reus.

As for my main bet, I''d be going for Fred or Diego Costa. At a push, I''d be going with Fred. A likely start in every game and a run of games that is potentially Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon, Netherlands, England, Spain, Argentina. I could easily see at least 5 goals in them seven games.

Ciro Immobile is 100/1 with coral. scored a hatrick in Italy''s last game. Easy group games against costa rica and England :-) . worth an each way.

Messi?! He''s hardly prolific on the world stage, even Rooney''s scored more in qualifiers and finals than him i heard on the radio in the past week.

Only difference is that Messi has scored a massive ''one'' goal at the actual world cup finals.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/10/can-manchester-city-star-outshine-messi-in-brazil/

I reckon he could pip Messi to the Golden Boot!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Edinson Cavani...

my "wild card" is Lukaku... have a look at Belgiums group.

[/quote]Don''t see him outshining his teammate, suarez, this year.

Higuain for me. He scored 9 qualifying goals to Messi''s 10, however he has much better odds.

Argentina will play the maximum games by getting at least to the semis, and I think will win it. And Higuain now tends to play centrally with Messi on the left and Aguero on the right.

7 games for him to get the golden boot with world class support.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Messi?! He''s hardly prolific on the world stage, even Rooney''s scored more in qualifiers and finals than him i heard on the radio in the past week.

Only difference is that Messi has scored a massive ''one'' goal at the actual world cup finals.[/quote]

Well Argentina''s game revolves around Messi now, it didn''t at the last 2 world cups he''s played in... he has 19 goals in his last 19 games for Argentina. So yeah not really prolific.

Miroslav Klose all day. The Germans play the best attacking football and have some stunning play makers. Also he is on target to beat Fat Ronaldo''s WC goal scoring record.The Germans will be looking to win this tourny and have a high chance of doing it. so yeh, Klose all day.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Miroslav Klose all day. The Germans play the best attacking football and have some stunning play makers. Also he is on target to beat Fat Ronaldo''s WC goal scoring record.
The Germans will be looking to win this tourny and have a high chance of doing it. so yeh, Klose all day.
[/quote]

Will be a bit of a shame if he does beat Ronaldo''s record because Ronaldo was so, so much better.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Miroslav Klose all day. The Germans play the best attacking football and have some stunning play makers. Also he is on target to beat Fat Ronaldo''s WC goal scoring record.
The Germans will be looking to win this tourny and have a high chance of doing it. so yeh, Klose all day.
[/quote]

Klose will only play if Germany are chasing a goal though, they will start with Gotze, Ozil, Muller and Podolski or Schurrle replacing the injured Reus.

Germany are missing a lot of first choice players through injury so I''m not sure if they can win it, most Germans feel they have little chance.

Think golden boot will be Messi, Argentina are likely to get to the final and Messi takes all their penalties and has scored 18 in his last 17 games for his country. Its a pretty boring answer, but just seems most likely.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I would disagree with most Germans feeling they have little chance.
[/quote]

A recent poll in Germany found that only 16% of fans felt Germany would win the World Cup - compared to 64% of fans in Brazil who thought Brazil would win the Cup.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/upshot/world-cup-opinions-in-19-countries-likes-dislikes-predictions.html?ref=worldcup&_r=0