Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Crouch

Good to see he played well for Villa last night - as I said in another thread, he was only one injury away from regular-ish first team footy for a big premiership club. Now Angel is out for a couple of games it could be his chance, and I really hope he does well.

Sadly, I don''t think we''ll see him round these parts again until we''re playing Villa ourselves - hopefully next year.

Mook, only caught the first 15 mins of the Villa-Bolton game, and in that time Crouchy looked pretty good. A guy behind me in the pub was saying how Crouchy had good control feetwise for a guy so tall, which made me smile. Obviously he had never seen Peter playing before... Like you pointed out, I doubt we will see him play again in the yellow and green, as I can''t see him leaving Villa now. Tis a shame, cos I think he is a player, like Hucks, who may have found his spiritual home at Fortress Carrow...

It will be interesting to see what happens AFTER he gets a little run in the side, assuming he has done enough to convince D O''L that he deserves it - and I certainly think he did last night. When Angel is fit again I feel sure that Crouchy will find himself on the bench, at best. (What a waste). More time for him to ponder whether he really thinks he has a long-term future there or whether a move (to us IF all things work out, and assuming we can afford him) might be better. Although I doubt we''ll see him back soon, I suppose it''s a case of ''Never say Never''.

This is the same Darius Vassell who only recently scored his first Premiership goals of the season? Also, Dion isn''t getting any younger. Crouchy could yet have a future there. Although I''d love to see him back here, obviously.

I listened to it on the radio and it sounded like he played really well. Jonathan Pearce kept saying ''great touch for such a tall man'' - again, obviously hadn''t seen him at Carra Rud. What annoyed me was that he kept saying ''hasn''t scored for Villa for x amount of years'', and ''can''t buy a goal'' etc but he neglected to mention the fact that he''s barely got on the pitch for Villa this season! One of the other journos mentioned how well he''d played at Norwich and Pearce just skipped over it. Bit of the Garth Crooks syndrome, I fear. One day they''ll remember there''s life outside the Premier.

King Juan Of Spain: In the build up to the kick off on Sky, they had a little feature of Crouch playing (and scoring) whilst he was with City... Dunno about the rest of the people in the pub, but I felt a special sense of pride seeing him in the yellow and green...