Sign in to follow this  
Bill

new players - No 10 ?

or just having a harmless bit of fun on a slow day for football newsso no need for your potty mouth, thank you

[quote user="City1st"]or just having a harmless bit of fun on a slow day for football news

so no need for your potty mouth, thank you

[/quote]

Never mind "You are never alone with a strand"

the age picture (and the packet in it) and the gag itself suggests the word "new" in the title is superfluous & erroneous.

not if the intention is to get folk to read the post

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Very funny. I am bereft of ribs.[/quote]but not login names, it would appear

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Very funny. I am bereft of ribs.[/quote]but not login names, it would appear

[/quote]Come on then Sherlock, name names.And let''s not forget that "whoever smelt it dealt it"

you keep chopping and changing it''s hard to keep uphowever I do recall that the original Bor was a gummy faced chap who posted quirky and off beat comments where as the Bor of today is similar to a number of other names who no longer postthe art of troll busting is to lure (or goad) them into breaking cover

There appears to be a lack of humour on this board of late, it''s sad that all most all messages turn into inhouse fighting.

I though it funny and I remember going to the shops for my greatgrandad to fech No.10 or No.6 and a bar of Old Jamaica and he was a generous old sod and allowed me to keep the change. Good old days!

[quote user="Indy"]

There appears to be a lack of humour on this board of late, it''s sad that all most all messages turn into inhouse fighting.

I though it funny and I remember going to the shops for my greatgrandad to fech No.10 or No.6 and a bar of Old Jamaica and he was a generous old sod and allowed me to keep the change. Good old days!

[/quote]

yes and do you remember the ones called Cadets?

How times have changed

The belted white mac with the red lining...pack of flip top Kingsway heading for the Gala or Samson or even Normans (Can anyone else remember Normans in the early 60''s).

Buy pinkun then burger and chips in Walleys while you read the reports then dancing until they closed at ....11.00 pm!

(Yes you had to read the Saturday report, you couldn''t play and go to Carrow road on a Saturday)

[quote user="The Butler"]

How times have changed

The belted white mac with the red lining...pack of flip top Kingsway heading for the Gala or Samson or even Normans (Can anyone else remember Normans in the early 60''s).

Buy pinkun then burger and chips in Walleys while you read the reports then dancing until they closed at ....11.00 pm!

(Yes you had to read the Saturday report, you couldn''t play and go to Carrow road on a Saturday)

[/quote]

Yes I remember standing outside the news agents at 5-30 waiting for the pinkun delivery those were the days

blimey, where was your newsagentI used to wait near the stall/shop at the bottom of Surrey St for the Pinkun''s to be dropped off (around 5.35) then amble up to catch the bus home, if I wasn''t hitching backBuses used to have just a metal bit to stub you fags out before chucking them on the floor

[quote user="City1st"]

Buses used to have just a metal bit to stub you fags out before chucking them on the floor

[/quote]Ha, Ha, yes, I remember that very well C1. Just about everyone smoked in those days. Thankfully I had the sense to chuck it before too much damage was done.Funny how things change, here we are talking about waiting for the pinkun to come out to get the first news from away matches and now we watch ''em all in real time on a stream.The modern world is better in so many ways but I still prefer the black shorts with the two yellow stripes.[:D]

I can remember standing outside Rumbelows with a few other people, watching the television through the window for the Norwich latest score/result. I''m not so sure this happens any longer.

[quote user="JonnyH"]I can remember standing outside Rumbelows with a few other people, watching the television through the window for the Norwich latest score/result. I''m not so sure this happens any longer.[/quote]

Oh yes and that Ticka tape on BBC1 with Dickie Davis and his silver streak in his hair

Didn''e we opt for the black shorts because they didn''t look dirty or wear as visibly as the green ones had done?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Didn''e we opt for the black shorts because they didn''t look dirty or wear as visibly as the green ones had done?[/quote]We only began playing in Green shorts in 1965, Shuck. The Black shorts were worn from 1919 right through until that date.City played in Blue and White for the first few years of their existence when either White or Blue shorts were worn. They changed to Yellow and Green in 1907 but still wore the White shorts until 1915.