Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Rik Mayall

[quote user="Yarmy Charlie"]Was it just me or was there a time when Bryan Gunn looked like him?[/quote]yes, well spottedhttp://iv1.lisimg.com/image/5869855/600full-eddie-hitler.jpg

I think you got the wrong bloke Yarmy!

Saw this tribute from Ade Edmondson (picture above!) and thought this was brilliant;

Edmondson said: "There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing.

They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him.

"And now he''s died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard."

Yarmy as Crabby said, I think you have Ade Edmondson mixed up with Rick Mayall. Sad loss - the Young Ones was just unbelievable when it started - unmissable - and in the days before VCRs - well before I could afford one!

This still has me in stitches after many many viewings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_X_7TrcHGM

Staged or not, this is comedy at it''s very best.

RIP Rik, you will be missed by so many

[quote user="JF"]City1st wrote the following post at 09/06/2014 9:44 PM:

saw them perform it life in one of the stage shows

just seems to cause uncontrolled laughter

more so when Rik ''corpsed''to the crowd

Yeah I saw their first tour in Ipswich. If I remember correctly the theatre royal wouldnt have the show as it contained comments about the Queen. Laughed so hard that it became painful![/quote]

No Bottom did come live at the Theatre Royal, cause I went to it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Rik Mayall, sad as it was, has what to do with Norwich City?

[/quote]

Who cares - it is one of the most interesting posts on here….

[/quote]

Adams will play his young ones and we''ll end up Bottom?

There is a online campaign to get Rik''s song "Noble England" to number 1 for the world cup.Look on I-tunes and Amazon.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]@ Jas The Barclays King - don''t be such a t wat.[/quote]

there is a relevant section on the forum for the thread...

jas I agree there is a relevant section for this thread, and it appears to be hereIt does not impede on any City thread but is squeezed in amongst umpteen posts about the World Cup (where City there ?) and endless nonsense about players supposedly linked to us or that they could do a job for usRik Mayall''s death was a shock and reminded many the way comedy (of that kind) touched so many of us.In a world of seemingly over regulation, more so at football grounds where the fun, spontaniety and anarchy has almost disappeared, the idea that tw  atting someone around the head is the answer to much of life''s frustration was a wonderful thought ... and pactice, as seen here.dealing with other posters

(and yes I know what you are thinking !)

His recording of Dr Suess'' One Fish Two Fish is my favourite thing he ever did. When my two boys were young they listened to it repeatedly on long car trips...mainly because I couldn''t bear many of the other story tapes they possessed.

[quote user="City1st"]jas

I agree there is a relevant section for this thread, and it appears to be here

It does not impede on any City thread but is squeezed in amongst umpteen posts about the World Cup (where City there ?) and endless nonsense about players supposedly linked to us or that they could do a job for us

Rik Mayall''s death was a shock and reminded many the way comedy (of that kind) touched so many of us.

In a world of seemingly over regulation, more so at football grounds where the fun, spontaniety and anarchy has almost disappeared, the idea that tw  atting someone around the head is the answer to much of life''s frustration was a wonderful thought ... and pactice, as seen here.

dealing with other posters

(and yes I know what you are thinking !)

[/quote]

I''m thinking R I P to the people who pass away every single day who no one cares about as they weren''t famous... ;)

just kidding...

Love his World Cup song, surprised it didnt get the airplay it deserved in 2010.

[quote user="JF"]Love his World Cup song, surprised it didnt get the airplay it deserved in 2010.[/quote]

If he''d died four years ago it would have done.

[/quote]

There is a connection.....Rik worked with and starred alongside one of his friends, a Director of the current NCFC Board......Just sayin''.....