Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Rik Mayall

Very sad! He was so energetic and full of life. I wonder if it is in any way a late result of his terrible off-road accident? We may find out.

Yep, sad news indeed. Some fantastic comedy from him over the years.

suggestion at the moment is that it is not(follows the recent loss of Mel Smith)

Lord Flasheart: You look like a decent British bloke. I''ll park the old booties on you if that''s okay.

Private Baldrick: It would be an honour, my Lord.

Lord Flasheart: Of course it would! Ha!

56, Damn, that is no age.

RIP. Rik.

I shall forever remember him for the Gasman sketch. (Bottom) I laughed so long and hard my jaw ached and my eyes streamed. Legendary comedy.

none, just as yourselfbut his time on this earth was a blessing too manywhereas your time on this forum is just a far kin nuiscance

Pollution, all around, Sometimes up, sometimes down, But always around. Pollution, are you coming to my town Or am I coming to yours?
Rick: If I''m a virgin, how come I know what a girl''s bottom looks like?
Vyvyan: From looking in the mirror.
Rick: Damn!

goodnite buddy, you were the cause of so much laughter.

The Young Ones were a breath of fresh air when they hit the screens. When they burst on the scene a whole new culture came to the fore - thats how it appeared at the time anyway. Just brilliant - and everything Rik did from Kevin Turvey to Lord Flashard was done with a panache that few could equal.   A true comedy hero and sad news.

and don''t forget all of those wonderful "Comic Strip Presents"..... my favorite ever comedian :(

[quote user="NWC"]and don''t forget all of those wonderful "Comic Strip Presents".....

my favorite ever comedian :(
[/quote]

Mr Jolly Lives Next door with the equally brilliant Peter Cook[Y] 

They mentioned Norwich in Bottom live 2! When they wrote a letter instead of SWAK they had it sealed with a Norwich, nickers off ready when I come home! Gas Man episode is genius one of the best!

I worked with him on a (terrible) show called ''All About George''. I was a runner and his stand in. By the time I joined the crew, they''d been filming for a few months already and everyone hated him. It was exactly 5 years after his accident and I think he was still effected by it. He was quite aggressive to people and punched an assistant director. Having said that, my experience of him was very pleasant. He knew everyone disliked him, and when I arrived he saw new blood and befriended me, so the rest of the crew used to send me to deal with him. He put me in some tricky positions such as asking me to secretly help him re-write parts of the script that he didn''t like before springing it on everyone. Luckily I knew that would land me in trouble and weaseled out of it. Overall though he was funny and friendly to me and I''m sad to hear of his death.

Just gutted by this. One of my heroes and a true comedy legend. For me Bottom was the greatest TV comedy of all time.

Apparently he''d suffered from epilepsy since his accident, so this may have had something to do with his passing.

He was just so bloody funny. R.I.P.

The gas man episode is probably my favourite. Didnt realise it was so popular, just thought it was one of mine. Like when you have your favourite song by an artist, but think its not one of their main ones so its probably just you that likes it. GAS MAN! GAS MAN! GAS MANNNNNN!!!!!

saw them perform it life in one of the stage showsjust seems to cause uncontrolled laughtermore so when Rik ''corpsed''to the crowd

City1st wrote the following post at 09/06/2014 9:44 PM:

saw them perform it life in one of the stage shows

just seems to cause uncontrolled laughter

more so when Rik ''corpsed''to the crowd

Yeah I saw their first tour in Ipswich. If I remember correctly the theatre royal wouldnt have the show as it contained comments about the Queen. Laughed so hard that it became painful!