Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Football violence

[quote user="lappinitup"]

20m

Is football the beautiful game? Domestic abuse increases up to 27% on match days.

About time they did something about this. You can''t believe the amount of grief I get if I have more than a couple of pints after the game. [:$]

[/quote]

Not a laughing matter in the slightest.

The thing is, match days are usually on a weekend when most people have time off work. That means they see each other more giving more potential for violence.

Correlation is not always causation.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]just a joke (admittedly not a very funny one)[/quote]

Put me down for a good old chuckle!!! Will 2hrs in the naughty chair be sufficient punishment?

Somebody upsets my mrs every weekend? i go out for a couple of pints Friday night and when i get home on Sunday she wont talk to me, wish they would pack it in.

A married couple down on their luck decides to make a few extra bucks by reluctantly having the wife work the corner. After the first day the husband picks her up and asks "how did you do?". She says, "I did pretty well, I made $200.50". He asks, "What @sshole gave you 50 cents?" and she replies "all of them".

OK so we''re being un-pc! Ipshite supporter I guess! OK I know it''s wrong but couldn''t help it!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/shocking-image-really-define-opening-day-091036790.html

The last joke I posted yesterday was deleted, its quite a famous one:

Whats 4ft long and can make a woman scream all night?

Crib death

(yes you shouldn''t say that blah blah blah. Its a joke.)

Mmmm and I thought mine was in bad taste! Guess that''s the end of this thread! BTW not funny!!!!

Depends on your point of view. When I first heard the joke, I didn''t laugh, I went "awww" and cringed because its one of those jokes that cross that imaginary line where things for most people aren''t really that funny. On the other hand, personally I love jokes that are in bad taste (mostly).

Mrs, just to point out I thought the joke was not funny, not in the pc sense, just I fail to see the funny side! I personally have a very dark sense of humour but fail to see what was funny about that. Maybe my thoughts don''t go dark enuff.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Depends on your point of view. When I first heard the joke, I didn''t laugh, I went "awww" and cringed because its one of those jokes that cross that imaginary line where things for most people aren''t really that funny. On the other hand, personally I love jokes that are in bad taste (mostly).[/quote]Certainly depends on your point of view.I expect people who''ve experienced the punchline wouldn''t be too keen on it.Pity there''s no '' Delete Post '' button for you to use, eh missus ?

(in repsonse to Ron)

its not about crib death being funny, actually i think the reason why its a joke is because its such an horrific thing because obviously ''4ft and makes a woman scream all night" the answer you think of is ''c0ck''. I posted a joke which is very dark humour indeed, yet you seem to think a poor woman scrounging around in a bin with football fans throwing rubbish into it all around her is funny. People find different things amusing, I personally don''t see Brazil''s poverty that funny because it''s a real problem, not a worded joke or even a visual joke (imo). Yet I can also see why you or anyone else won''t find my offensive joke funny; it is offensive after all, especially to the misfortunate people who have seen crib death. Like I said before (after what Herman said), this probably wasn''t the best idea to have put the offensive joke on a public forum, but jokes are there to be shared, if some people out there enjoyed it, then good, it is a joke after all, but i''ll think twice before putting up such an offensive joke as its basically just like shouting the joke in a public park (which you obviously don''t do unless you''re demented).

sorry i was writing whilst your post was up ''..an smith must score'' (watching the football), you basically said what I was now thinking